Quantuma

Derbados

1 hour ago, SillyBilly said:

As is the case with any of these things, the end result is the only place where judgement can be made. If they secure a deal for the creditors and deliver a buyer at the very last dying minute their brief will have been fulfilled and it'll be job well done. Fail and I suspect hell hath no fury like a scorned city of passionate fans. Not knowledgeable in these matters in terms of market fees for such an assignment like Derby but their fee, on the face of it, doesn't seem particularly "light" to say the least. Questions would be asked if the worst happened.

No win no fee would be good…

7 minutes ago, rammieib said:

So here would be my questions:

1) Why are we not taking legal action against the EFL including all costs that we are going to incur from here on in due to their rules being ‘out of date’?

2) Why not go forward and publicly declare a PB. If Ashley hasn’t offered anything, then it’s Appleby. You want momentum - what better way than to say “here are out new owners with funding ready to go”?

We are literally 13 days from liquidation - and as fans we genuinely don’t even know what avenues are being pursued. It feels like a “who blinks last”.

Finally for such frivolous claims I’m genuinely surprised a PB won’t take on the risk. Buying any business is a risk - Ashley buys companies for hundreds of millions - and everyone is a risk which could fail. A bigger risk than the arbitration going in Boro’s favour.

Final point - risk v reward of what league we could be in. Real genuine chance of staying in the Championship - again that’s probably worth an extra ten million in revenue so surely that in itself by keeping WR and his squad of players together is vital as well.

This whole thing is so messed up - like a lot of people today, I’m refreshing constantly and doing nowhere near the amount of work I should be!

Because the preferred bidder is not ready to commit with the Boro claim still not settled….

3 hours ago, Derbados said:

I feel this deserves its own thread, feel free to merge if not.

We’ve now heard from local MP’s in parliament, fans groups and ex players on social media, Boro and the EFL have released a statement and Wycombe have done an interview on Radio Derby. 

The only people we haven’t heard from are the ones that matter the most in this, the Administrators. Their lack of comms from taking over is both unacceptable and incompetent, they have to be constantly poked and prodded to give us an update. 

That is now Kirchner, the EFL, Boro and Wycombe all saying that the comms from the Administrators has been poor and resulted in delays and breakdowns in communications. 

It’s great that we’re going after the EFL, Boro and Wycombe but we also need to hold the Admins accountable, i’m genuinely concerned about their competency to deal with the situation as much as I am angry with the EFL, Boro and Wycombe 

let’s not forget they’re making millions out of this, they’re not here out of love and passion 

If they think a solution is close, i think they will keep quiet just now and make an announcement when it’s in place. The news about Sibley today is encouraging. 

If no solution is close, I think they will be forced to fill the void with a statement before the end of the week. But that statement will be as much concerned with deflecting blame as with providing a useful update 

15 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Because the preferred bidder is not ready to commit with the Boro claim still not settled….

OK - well if Appleby and his consortium want the club and the huge potential upside by managing us well, have some cahoonas and take the risk on. Whichever PB commits first to taking the claim on in the future will get the club…

4 minutes ago, rammieib said:

OK - well if Appleby and his consortium want the club and the huge potential upside by managing us well, have some cahoonas and take the risk on. Whichever PB commits first to taking the claim on in the future will get the club…

This is the disadvantage of a consortium - little chance of persuading everyone to take a leap of faith 

2 minutes ago, ScamRam said:

Loved @BramcoteRam84's post, couldnt have said it better myself!

Quantuma are working for the  creditors, not us. So they have been talking to the 'creditors'.

We nearly all agree that MFC and WW are 'not' creditors so why are people getting het up that Q are not communicating with them?

Because as the MP for Bury said, it is not your local Tesco we are tlaking about. Q should, by now, have realised that people are emotionally invested in the fate of their football club. 

23 minutes ago, ScamRam said:

Loved @BramcoteRam84's post, couldnt have said it better myself!

Quantuma are working for the  creditors, not us. So they have been talking to the 'creditors'.

We nearly all agree that MFC and WW are 'not' creditors so why are people getting het up that Q are not communicating with them?

Because if the 'obstacles' of MFC and WW are not removed (one way or another), there will not be a takeover - no club for us fans, no repayments to the creditors. That's why.

Edited by IslandExile

The EFL can:

1. Update their own rules to reflect current insolvency legislation.

2. Fast track arbitration 

Both of those will p1ss of Boro and Wycombe because both will likely yield the same result, them being laughed out of the building.

Unfortunately, when that happens at least one of them, if not both, will turn their attention to suing the EFL. The EFL know this hence they’re sh***ing themselves. Honestly think they’d rather see us liquidated then risk being sued themselves.

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

Because if the 'obstacles' of MFC and WW are not removed (one way or another), there will not be a takeover - no club for us fans, no repayments to the creditors. That's why.

...but communicating with them wouldn't remove the obstacles as they're dead set on getting some cash out of us or seeing us go to the wall.

The only communication they'd accept is one where we agree to pay them anywhere between £5m and £50m! If we have to do that then it's liquidation anyway.

They may be pretending to be reasonable now, but that's likely ******** said in response to public criticism.

I'm not sure it's even in the administrators gift to start the arbitration proceedings themselves?

Edited by Coconut's Beard

6 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

The EFL can:

1. Update their own rules to reflect current insolvency legislation.

2. Fast track arbitration 

Both of those will p1ss of Boro and Wycombe because both will likely yield the same result, them being laughed out of the building.

Unfortunately, when that happens at least one of them, if not both, will turn their attention to suing the EFL. The EFL know this hence they’re sh***ing themselves. Honestly think they’d rather see us liquidated then risk being sued themselves.

Surely point one. Is not optional. They have to comply with the law. 

8 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Very true, but wasn’t everyone saying for a long time HMRC was the main obstacle. That seems to have been (we dont know for sure) cleared. Thought they had law on their side re: Boro and Wycombe but now run into the fact the EFL don’t apply the law therefore Boro and Wycombe have now become the main issues/roadblocks. 

If there is enough momentum behind this it will be sorted but that requires ALL parties to compromise to some degree, unless Quantuma can push through the law point, or the EFL actually read and properly apply their regulations.

Mel has created a horrific mess, fact he isn’t involved in trying to solve it is a disgrace. But this club can be saved and if it isn’t then shame on everyone involved.