Jason Knight

Heisenberg

28 minutes ago, Malty said:

What’s illogical is that we sell shinnie ahead of understanding the market price for knight. Why would we do that, just makes no sense at all.

Makes plenty of sense.  All the players that have gone so far are good earners salary wise, including Graeme.  Their going reduces our running costs and brings the amount we need to operate to the end of the season down, meaning we have to raise, by borrowing or selling, less.  If we sell one or two more for good money then we might not have to go to the markets to borrow at all (if we can).  
That's why the administrators talked weeks in their statement 

The quicker we sell others to raise the funds we need, the quicker we show the efl we can last the season and the more likely it is that the embargo is lifted and Wayne might, just might, get time to do some business in this window - not likely but possible.

It's a good business plan.  Might be the best we’ve got. If Wycombe and boro remove their claims we could do it even quicker. They probably won’t unless we all can help ratchet up the pressure on them

It will be a sad day when Jason leaves Derby. However, it is the most logical sale for us. He is our only genuinely 'proven' youth player and by that I mean 9 caps for Ireland etc. The only way we will get a decent sale price for anyone is demand (plus contracted beyond the summer). I believe the reports that a few teams are interested, this will create a market price rather than a opportunistic vulture price. Whoever is willing to pay cash will get him. 

I think the £8m price would be accurate with sell on and bonus clauses. That will be of no interest to the admins so expect a smaller fee, cash in hand please. 

In this way, he could still save this club! 

It'll be sad if he does go but it's looking like needs must. I can't see us getting 8 million quid for him though given he's only got 18 months on contract, the desperation of our situation, and the slight lowering of fees due to covid. I think 3-5 million is likely to be more accurate. 

It's things like this that are the EFL's additional price for allowing us to exist as a club, when their 21 points deduction has failed to guarantee relegation. The corrupt nature of it all makes me furious.

Do we have a choice but to give in to the EFL blackmail? It seems not. In which case, Jason goes with our blessing and love and respect, and let's hope we get the highest price possible so we can keep hold of the others.

9 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

It'll be sad if he does go but it's looking like needs must. I can't see us getting 8 million quid for him though given he's only got 18 months on contract, the desperation of our situation, and the slight lowering of fees due to covid. I think 3-5 million is likely to be more accurate. 

We are desperate, yes. However these are premier teams linked and they should be paying market value (or a tad below).

Newcastle have all the new oil/blood money. Burnley have just received £20m for the most one dimensional striker in the prem. Leeds should be made to pay a premium just for being Leeds.

2 minutes ago, roboto said:

We are desperate, yes. However these are premier teams linked and they should be paying market value (or a tad below).

Newcastle have all the new oil/blood money. Burnley have just received £20m for the most one dimensional striker in the prem. Leeds should be made to pay a premium just for being Leeds.

wood has a good record in the premier league and didn't need to sell forcing up his price. I can't see us getting market value for players when clubs know we're desperate to scrape the cash together. 

Would hate to see him go but right now, only him and Bird carry any monetary value in their millions.

I don’t feel we have a replacement for him though and what he does. I’d be gutted if he went albeit, I don’t see any way he stays with us if we go down.

It is possibly wishful thinking on my part, but I think that just because we're in administration, any club that wants any of our players should pay the market value!  If selling Jason saves the club then so be it, I don't like it, but there we are!