EFL statement

RoyMac5

1 minute ago, hintonsboots said:

Email is quicker, time is of the essence.

I will get on it at the weekend. Do you suggest raising the fact that Derby's financial problems were mainly caused by fans being forced to stay away from the stadium while Boris and chums were getting poo faced at office parties?  

Edited by PistoldPete

1 hour ago, Crazy said:

I'm all for criticising the EFL, but aren't they doing the right thing here? If we don't have the funds to fulfill our commitments, we shouldn't be allowed to sign be players.

If, as some people are claiming, they are unreasonably blocking the preferred bidder being announced with their hefty deposit, then sure, blame them. But I'm not sure we've seen any evidence of that, have we?

Not really. The administrators job is to ensure we don't accrue additional debt (that can't be repaid), find a buyer and whilst doing that run us as a going concern. If the administrators have preferred bidders that will cover any accrued debt when they take over, or the administrators can repay that debt should they have to liquidate the company then there is no issue.

The EFL are creating issues that don't exist and that can only be because they either want us liquidated or related.

1 hour ago, Archie said:

Washing their hands with the Boro and Wycombe affairs. They could make these absurd claims go away with a bit of presure if they wanted to. 

I'm struggling to see where we go from here. 

We sue both QPR and villa for loss of revenue when we lost to them in play finals and they both breached FFP. I reckon thats about £200m. If so we're in clover and the EFL are in the poo as every season will end in litigation.

The EFL need to wise up and put a stop to this litigation farce. The rules - points deductions for offenders - are what all clubs sign up to.

25 minutes ago, Crazy said:

What issues are they creating?

Quantuma about the EFL ""We are aware of yesterday’s press comments, however, the position is not straight forward bearing in mind the position of other stakeholders. We are urgently seeking clarification from the EFL as to why these disputed claims cannot be compromised."

ie ""The difficulty and currently, in our view, the last remaining significant obstacle is to deal with certain claims that are very much disputed but which we are being advised by the EFL cannot be currently compromised notwithstanding statute says otherwise."

"...statute says otherwise."

46 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Go and have a read about it unless you are just wumming.

42 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Quantuma about the EFL ""We are aware of yesterday’s press comments, however, the position is not straight forward bearing in mind the position of other stakeholders. We are urgently seeking clarification from the EFL as to why these disputed claims cannot be compromised."

ie ""The difficulty and currently, in our view, the last remaining significant obstacle is to deal with certain claims that are very much disputed but which we are being advised by the EFL cannot be currently compromised notwithstanding statute says otherwise."

"...statute says otherwise."

The Quantuma statement hadn't come out when I asked the question. If what they say it's true, then I fully agree the EFL are causing issues. Flipping ridiculous.

6 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Well back to my original point if so then show it to the EFL and embargo gets lifted?

The embargo cannot be lifted until we have the money to get us through to the end of the season in the club's bank account.

We cannot get that money in the club's bank account until we have a preferred bidder 

We cannot announce a preferred bidder until the Boro and Wycombe claims are dealt with.

We cannot agree terms with either club as that means the preferred bidders will walk away.

We can only take the claims to court/arbitration if we have the funding to keep up going for several months.

We can only get that funding if we announce a preferred bidder....

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The embargo cannot be lifted until we have the money to get us through to the end of the season in the club's bank account.

We cannot get that money in the club's bank account until we have a preferred bidder 

We cannot announce a preferred bidder until the Boro and Wycombe claims are dealt with.

We cannot agree terms with either club as that means the preferred bidders will walk away.

We can only take the claims to court/arbitration if we have the funding to keep up going for several months.

We can only get that funding if we announce a preferred bidder....

That's not what Admin are saying.

The EFL have demanded that we prove adequate funding is in place and until as such time as we are able to do that, they will not progress player registrations – this includes some players where contracts needed to be extended this month. Whilst we have a number of options as to how that funding can be delivered, we are not, today, in a position to finalise this funding however we do believe this will be finalised in the coming weeks.

6 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

The admin team have shown how they intend to fund the club but the EFL don't like it.

There's an obvious  disconnect between what the club had expected from EFL and what they got. 

There is a common factor in this. It's being going on for two years, you can't blame the admin team for this.   

Yes, in all probability the EFL don't have a procedure for evaluating a funding plan, so can reject on a show of hands. Hardly likely to be an unprejudiced outcome....

When Bolton were in trouble, I must admit I was kind of revealing in it, in an intrigued kind of way, what happens when a club is in such poo state that they only have 8 registered players. It’s kind of historical, as long as it’s not happening to me. 

And when Leeds went in to admin, and spent years in league one, that was quite amusing, and again, quite historical, who knew it could happen to such a big club.

Kind of seemed like a once in a lifetime thing at the time, like Leicester winning the league. But league one is now full of clubs that were recently in the championship and premier league.

But I still didn’t think it could happen to a club of our size and history. But it really can happen to anyone. But I can see why other fans just have the popcorn out. And they will continue to, until it happens to them. 

17 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

These spiteful individuals clearly don't see the bigger picture. The EFL, Gibson, Morris etc. If they let the club die on its knees you're taking away the heart of a city, the huge source of income for local businesses. For what? Because of their rich boy backroom politics.

Awful people the lot of them. Shame on you for creating this clusterbomb of a mess. It's not one party to blame, all of them deserve criticism. It takes a lot for me to become upset however I genuinely have had it with these muppets. The manager must be furious, losing Jags is horrible. And now a potential fire sale on the horizon.

Sigh.

This is just how I feel. All these people are rich, have great salaries, live in fancy houses and are playing politics with our club, our passion, our wellbeing.

Whatever happens,  they carry on in their safe little bubbles without a thought of the consequences to the average fan who works overtime to pay for tickets, uses all their annual leave to get to games, depends on the friendship and support of their club 'family'. 

It's more important for them to be 'right', regardless of the outcome. 

It is fueled by privilege and testosterone and it absolutely stinks.