EFL statement

RoyMac5

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Unfortunately I'm not convinced the MPs get it. Bridgen doesn't even get that we wouldn't be DCFC if we went bust!

"Mr Bridgen said there were a large number of Rams fans in his constituency and it would be "devastating" if the "dubious" claims for compensation put the club's future in jeopardy.

"I will be lobbying the Government to ensure we don't have a disaster on our hands," he said.

"If they were ejected from the league they'd have to start again at the very bottom and work their way back up."

About 17 leagues if we were liquidated 

13 minutes ago, chipperram said:

The second paragraph is the real reason there is an impasse, the claim by two league colleagues will never come to fruition, it is a ruse to make us sell players, weaken the squad enough to relegate us, then with one day to go say they won't  pursue it. Allowing enough time for the PB and finance for the future to be agreed. EfL,MFC and WW will tell us how they saved us.......childish and dangerous games being played by them.

You can’t go to court asking for blackmail money 

4 minutes ago, Ramewe said:

The second page says no bidders have been presented to the EFL? 

Is this more disingenuous information, ie no bidder has been identified who is prepared to underwrite the claims being made by boro and Wycombe? But the EFL are spinning this to make it appear that quantuma have not been doing anything? 

10 minutes ago, Oldben said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-60027177

Hurray, now at last perhaps the stupid claims of boro and Wycombe can be ended.

The efl could be forced to listen to derbys administrators

It’s good that news is finally getting out, but this annoys me;

”But administrators say legal cases brought against the Rams by other clubs are delaying a takeover.”

it’s not a ‘legal claim’ they’ve just stuck their finger in the air and said ‘you owe us £46m.’

13 minutes ago, chipperram said:

"They are continuing talks with MFC and WW" I thought they weren't  allowed to..... somebody has rattled them.

Hopefully some of those MPs have told the EFL that if Derby are obstructed from being taken over and get liquidated the HMRC and creditors bill is being forwarded to the EFL for payment - they might get the message then!

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Is this more disingenuous information, ie no bidder has been identified who is prepared to underwrite the claims being made by boro and Wycombe? But the EFL are spinning this to make it appear that quantuma have not been doing anything? 

Yep. How can Admin put forward a Preferred Bidder - as they aimed to do on Friday(?) - when the Boro & Wycombe dubious claims are allowed to hang over us?

Wasn't at all impressed with Bridgen's tweets.

7 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I think that’s probably correct, whilst they may have decided on a PB, that bid may be not be formalised until the Boro/WW claims are withdrawn as the potential PB doesn’t want to be liable for any spurious ‘liabilities’..I also believe the EFL stated that they needed to be ‘sorted’ before they will consider a PB

Classic catch 22.. which is suffocating the club

Edited by HectorsHouse
RoyMac5 beat me to it

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yep. How can Admin put forward a Preferred Bidder - as they aimed to do on Friday(?) - when the Boro & Wycombe dubious claims are allowed to hang over us?

Wasn't at all impressed with Bridgen's tweets.

Hadn't done any research so was happy to be told issues and accept unquestioningly. 

I think it's harsh to give any MP making any kind of effort, stick.

Reality is they have zero influence over the EFL and what is happening.  Best you can hope for is reform, but that takes a long time.  I take no issue with people raising concerns and issues and challenging them, that's how positive change happens for the greater good.  It should happen more across society in general.

But in the immediate future, expecting any of this to have an impact is folly.  

18 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Yep its garbage from EFL trying to undermine Admins and make them look the guilty party. Someone has to stop this catch 22 circular argument - every person with even one brain cell can see that there wont be a preferred bidder with the position taken by EFL on the claims from the dark side. No-one would buy a house with the neighbours on each side claiming they own the land with the access routes into the house.  

My fury at Mel Morris is off the scale. He made administration sound such a positive move for us (not that we believed/agreed). How a so-called fan of the club can watch this happening in slow motion I just have no idea. If I had the means to raise £5m I would make it available to the club in an instant and I havent even caused this mess. The feeling of helplessness is off the scale.  

If Mel no longer has the means how about him owning up to this and making a proper apology to everyone affected. Could he stop this with a public apology to the right people? Sometimes that is enough for some.  If he has the means to provide funds or an indemnity how can he not do it? I just dont get it.