EFL statement

RoyMac5

1 hour ago, Zag zig said:

Seems the EFL even if they don’t want us to fail (unconvinced), will do their best to weaken us so we at least go down, bend to every creditor ie Boro and Wycombe, before they allow us to re-invent ourselves.

Nothing they say, will convince me otherwise now. They don’t seem in the least bit helpful of protecting one of their founding members.

If you read between the lines on that statement it says:

Clubs in this league seem to be very upset that you ate not selling them players for next to nothing. We can’t tell you to sell players for next to nothing. But what we can tell you is that you don’t appear to have enough money to make it to the end of the season, and you need to get some money from somewhere. So you need to sell them your players for whatever they’ll give you. Only when you’ve done that, will we agree that you might make it to the end of the season, and let someone buy you. 

And if you read between the lines of that, they’re saying:

We actively want to duck you over and have absolutely no reason to help you out. Other clubs are giving us a hard time and it’s much easier for us to please them than it is for us to defend you, and quite frankly, we don’t want to defend you. So sell you’re players, duck off out the championship, and let that be a lesson to you. And you dare to think you might still escape, with nothing but a team of kids we let you keep, then we’ll just find an excuse, or make a new rule, to dock you a few more points. Now stop moaning, or we’ll start actively supporting boro and Rotherham. Who’s got who on strings now, motherfuckas!!!

6 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Clubs in this league seem to be very upset that you ate not selling them players for next to nothing. We can’t tell you to sell players for next to nothing. But what we can tell you is that you don’t appear to have enough money to make it to the end of the season, and you need to get some money from somewhere. So you need to sell them your players for whatever they’ll give you. Only when you’ve done that, will we agree that you might make it to the end of the season, and let someone buy you. 

We actively want to duck you over and have absolutely no reason to help you out. Other clubs are giving us a hard time and it’s much easier for us to please them than it is for us to defend you, and quite frankly, we don’t want to defend you. So sell you’re players, duck off out the championship, and let that be a lesson to you. And you dare to think you might still escape, with nothing but a team of kids we let you keep, then we’ll just find an excuse, or make a new rule, to dock you a few more points. Now stop moaning, or we’ll start actively supporting boro and Rotherham. Who’s got who on strings now, motherfuckas!!!

Crazy thing is that by stopping us signing players, they've made it less likely that we sell players either - if we could offload one of the marketable players for a decent fee, that could keep the club afloat and meet their stated requirement - but why sell a player if you can't replace them and look likely to go down the pan regardless.....

Edited by Gaspode

9 minutes ago, MarRam said:

I’m no expert in administration and legal stuff, but could Q  potentially get a meeting of the creditors and if the majority agree, pursue EFL via court as they are blocking the creditors getting paid off?

might be interesting as some of these creditors are also members of the EFL

I'm not aware of any creditors who are members of EFL. Only clubs we owe money to are Arsenal and that polish team. 

8 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

the points are already on their way

It is not known yet whether any party will be willing to pay non-football creditors 25% of the sums owed. Unless that happens, Derby will be deducted 15 points next season

Just now, PistoldPete said:

I think that's what the meeting was about yesterday. Don't know for sure as I wasn't there. 

Yes so what's the panic then? Unless the administrators DON'T have a plan. And if they did have a plan then why didn't they show it to the EFL during the meeting yesterday as am sure it would be readily available at their fingertips given the seriousness of the matter.

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

They are a team of insolvency experts, professional people.  Do you not think they have a plan? 

Sure they have keep draging it on as long as they can, for what they are charging the club, the EFL should be asking can you afford the administrators? would like access to their bank accounts, who is lying Wayne or the administrators for it appears Wayne is being totaly misinformed on what is happening from day one, only hope he does not walk, who could blame him.

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yes so what's the panic then? Unless the administrators DON'T have a plan. And if they did have a plan then why didn't they show it to the EFL during the meeting yesterday as am sure it would be readily available at their fingertips given the seriousness of the matter.

I think the administrators at that point realised that the EFL don’t care if Derby are liquidated. 

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I think the administrators at that point realised that the EFL don’t care if Derby are liquidated. 

Agreed

It's not that the admin didn't have a plan, it's that the EFL didn't agree with it - sounds like in part because of the Boro & WW claims.

So our plan was declare PB, they do the funding, exit admin and deal with Boro & WW through the courts

EFL said not good enough, treat Boro & WW not as chancers but as football creditors, you therefore need to negotiate with them first, before exiting admin. You therefore will stay in admin, and as a consequence you can't bank the new owner funding.
so no evidence of funds, so no reason to approve player extensions.

Fundamentally, if you need EFL agreement, it's not the case that you need to have a plan it's that you need to have one that they agree with. And I suspect what's really happening is a game of chicken between the PB and the EFL with DCFC as the pawn in the middle.

20 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I think they had a plan but it was quashed. Whether they had a contingency plan, or whether this was their contingency plan remains to be seen.

It could be back to the drawing board, but without any means of drawing on it aside from cutting their fingertips and writing the new plan in blood, ie selling players.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

Just now, Coconut's Beard said:

I think they had a plan but it was quashed. Whether they had a contingency plan, or whether this was their contingency plan remains to be seen.

It could be back to the drawing board, but without any means of drawing on it aside from cutting their fingertips and writing it in blood, ie selling players.

Yes am beginning to believe that the administrators plan was wholly based around a preferred bidder being named and now they aren't going to materialise any time soon for whatever reasons that's been flushed down the loo.

34 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

As I say I wasn't at the meeting, but there seems to be a disconnect between what the admin team/ Rooney/Bradley were expecting from it and what they got. Maybe they were expecting EFL to be reasonable. Silly, I know.