EFL statement

RoyMac5

I'm all for criticising the EFL, but aren't they doing the right thing here? If we don't have the funds to fulfill our commitments, we shouldn't be allowed to sign be players.

If, as some people are claiming, they are unreasonably blocking the preferred bidder being announced with their hefty deposit, then sure, blame them. But I'm not sure we've seen any evidence of that, have we?

Just now, Crazy said:

I'm all for criticising the EFL, but aren't they doing the right thing here? If we don't have the funds to fulfill our commitments, we shouldn't be allowed to sign be players.

If, as some people are claiming, they are unreasonably blocking the preferred bidder being announced with their hefty deposit, then sure, blame them. But I'm not sure we've seen any evidence of that, have we?

What have we seen evidence of? I'm not sure even after that waffle from the EFL.

9 minutes ago, Rev said:

I asked this in another thread. 

All the money generated would go to the creditors and couldn't be used to keep us going.

No.  If the business is considered a going concern you would be expected under administration to cut cloth accordingly whilst ensuring the business functions at a serviceable level to start paying debt .  If the club got 10 million in they would be expected to utilise a chunk of that to service debt after the minimum required to fund the club was taken.  At some point a business gets to a place with 600k in the bank, no more loans to be had, a squad worth 25% of its actual value to buyers,  thousands of pounds in interest running weekly, a future lose of revenue now almost inevitable and 4 million quid to find in a month for football creditors. Without a buyer in place now we were never going to be allowed to bring in new players.  The fact we can't even resign a bloke of 39 on 4 k a week indicates we are absolutely shagged

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Doesn't make clear what we were telling/asking the EFL yesterday that gave Rooney et al the impression we'd have a PB?

Washing their hands with the Boro and Wycombe affairs. They could make these absurd claims go away with a bit of presure if they wanted to. 

I'm struggling to see where we go from here. 

These spiteful individuals clearly don't see the bigger picture. The EFL, Gibson, Morris etc. If they let the club die on its knees you're taking away the heart of a city, the huge source of income for local businesses. For what? Because of their rich boy backroom politics.

Awful people the lot of them. Shame on you for creating this clusterbomb of a mess. It's not one party to blame, all of them deserve criticism. It takes a lot for me to become upset however I genuinely have had it with these muppets. The manager must be furious, losing Jags is horrible. And now a potential fire sale on the horizon.

Sigh.

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Isn't it quite simple, the administrators show how they intend to fund the club over the course of the season then the embargo gets lifted?

Whats particularly complex about that for a team of administrators- unless they don't have a plan?

I suspect it’s more that they don’t have the funds within the business as it stands, unless they take out another “soft” loan or secure a takeover. The club was running at a loss, so what money we do have coming in from match day revenue, sponsors, season ticket money drip fed per match, and tv money must not be enough to meet the outgoings on wages and other running costs. 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Isn't it quite simple, the administrators show how they intend to fund the club over the course of the season then the embargo gets lifted?

Whats particularly complex about that for a team of administrators- unless they don't have a plan?

Not as simple as that, the HMRC & Boro/Wycombe issues will put buyers and off until resolved they won't commit. If they wont commit they wont pay the £5m deposit, without the deposit we cannot show we have funds until the end of the season. It is clear the LAP and the EFL are painfully slow at resolving issues. The delays willpotentially have a massive detrimental effect on us.

1 minute ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Not as simple as that, the HMRC & Boro/Wycombe issues will put buyers and off until resolved they won't commit. If they wont commit they wont pay the £5m deposit, without the deposit we cannot show we have funds until the end of the season. It is clear the LAP and the EFL are painfully slow at resolving issues. The delays willpotentially have a massive detrimental effect on us.

So the administrators don't have a plan then. 

9 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The admin team have shown how they intend to fund the club but the EFL don't like it.

There's an obvious  disconnect between what the club had expected from EFL and what they got. 

There is a common factor in this. It's being going on for two years, you can't blame the admin team for this.   

9 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Or they HAD a plan, but it involved the takeover being expedited without obstacles, and the EFL preferred to keep the obstacles in place.

Be in no doubt, this is directly connected to the fact that Derby still have a chance of survival, so the EFL want to make that less likely. Their actions have, within less than 24hours, weakened our already slim squad.