EFL statement

RoyMac5

25 minutes ago, angieram said:

It is fueled by privilege and testosterone and it absolutely stinks.

To be fueled by testerone it means that they have got to have balls and I don't think they have.

They use their privilege and sense of entitlement to persue petty vendenta's. They are as far removed from the real world and our feelings as Boris and his bunch of public school boy bankers.

33 minutes ago, angieram said:

This is just how I feel. All these people are rich, have great salaries, live in fancy houses and are playing politics with our club, our passion, our wellbeing.

Whatever happens,  they carry on in their safe little bubbles without a thought of the consequences to the average fan who works overtime to pay for tickets, uses all their annual leave to get to games, depends on the friendship and support of their club 'family'. 

It's more important for them to be 'right', regardless of the outcome. 

Brilliantly put Angie, spot on. What happened to Football being played on the pitch, two sides of 11, now it is owner v owner, accountant v accountant, lawyer v lawyer. football is ruined and needs changing at Government level.

2 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Brilliantly put Angie, spot on. What happened to Football being played on the pitch, two sides of 11, now it is owner v owner, accountant v accountant, lawyer v lawyer. football is ruined and needs changing at Government level.

Middlesbrough are more famous for what happens off the pitch or their various threats of legal action

As an aside, aren't the EFL in danger of undermining the integrity of their own competition? Promotion chasing Stoke & WBA have played both games against us and picked up 1pt in total.

If the EFL prevent any takeover, due to outstanding matters, and then we are forced into a fire-sale with the consequence that we begin to field weaker sides containing U21s, surely this will benefit play-off chasing sides later in the season. Many of those games were challenging anyway, as we have most of the top half to face away, but by forcing us to change our personnel for financial reasons, rather than due to injury problems (which affect all sides throughout a season), they are deliberately weakening us which can only benefit sides facing us later in the season. 

Secondly, they are failing in a duty of care to younger players by making a club field a weakened side. I wonder how many of the youngsters fielded by the likes of Bolton during their relegation season from L1 have gone on to form the basis of their promoted side.

Edited by Asanovic70

14 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

"It will be for the Admins to conduct any defence of any claims brought against #dcfc""

So why won't EFL let the Admins deal with the claim as they see fit? 

Perhaps because they are just ignoring the claims rather than attempting to resolve the issue? 

5 minutes ago, Maharan said:

Perhaps because they are just ignoring the claims rather than attempting to resolve the issue? 

The claims were made after administration so there is a moratorium on DCFC having to consider them.

The administrators must have agreed with buyers that the risk can be taken to address them once we have exited admin (probably with the view that they are baseless).

Neither Boro nor Wycombe have initiated arbitration or served legal papers - so there isn’t even a case to answer officially - only threats. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

This is just how I feel. All these people are rich, have great salaries, live in fancy houses and are playing politics with our club, our passion, our wellbeing.

Whatever happens,  they carry on in their safe little bubbles without a thought of the consequences to the average fan who works overtime to pay for tickets, uses all their annual leave to get to games, depends on the friendship and support of their club 'family'. 

It's more important for them to be 'right', regardless of the outcome. 

Are you saying Karen Brady is a man? ?

1 hour ago, Indy said:

The claims were made after administration so there is a moratorium on DCFC having to consider them.

The administrators must have agreed with buyers that the risk can be taken to address them once we have exited admin (probably with the view that they are baseless).

Neither Boro nor Wycombe have initiated arbitration or served legal papers - so there isn’t even a case to answer officially - only threats. 

Exactly. Let’s go to arbitration and get this nonsense sorted and send the Gibbon on his way….

2 hours ago, Indy said:

That’s what’s so ridiculous. How is people threatening us with legal action a reason to hold things up? Anyone can threaten anyone for anything, no matter how spurious. If I threatened you with legal proceedings because I claimed you stole my username, would David make you change your username, or would you say, “that’s ridiculous, I’ll see you in court.”

a threat is meaningless, until it actually goes to court. It shouldn’t have any impact on anything. Especially if you know, I know, and everybody knows, the threat has zero merits.