EFL statement

RoyMac5

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

EFL getting their excuses in first, saying 'We told you so, before the meeting'.

This is all getting very familiar Efl spinning their yarns , Derby spinning their version of events. 

Owen Bradley and Wayne Rooney both saying things were waiting on the Efl. 

so someone isn’t telling the truth.

The Efl never tell the truth. So quite frankly I trust Wayne and Owen infinitely more than Efl.

image.png.018a467a1ea45ab6aed84878ba7b66f4.png

Well that's still not clear. Because of course the Admin knew that the EFL wanted to know how we'd fund the rest of the season.

I wonder when they say 'communicated to the Club prior to yesterday's meeting' if they just 'mean', err we'd told you that before.

So what did we put forward at the meeting that they threw out?

Edited by RoyMac5

Seems the EFL even if they don’t want us to fail (unconvinced), will do their best to weaken us so we at least go down, bend to every creditor ie Boro and Wycombe, before they allow us to re-invent ourselves.

Nothing they say, will convince me otherwise now. They don’t seem in the least bit helpful of protecting one of their founding members.

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We are in administration because we can’t fund the club ! We can’t have a new owner because you won’t let us have a new owner to fund the club - this is beyond nuts 

Spot on. It doesn't make any sense. The administrators better provide some clarity in their statement later and explain exactly what's going on

Said it before, football clubs never started out as a business and only because of television have they become one. I'd agree with punishment if the cause (Mel) was still in charge and still trying to be clever, but punishing a peoples club is ridiculous. We have nothing. You can't keep punishing Derby County out of spite. If the owner was deemed fit for purpose then the EFL are partly to blame.

8 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

A new owner has nothing to buy apart from the players - if they are sold/ given away there is literally nothing to buy !

That's not true. Let's be honest, if anyone is going to buy the club it's because it's a member of the football league. Players come and players go, so if a few are sold to bring the debt level down, then so be it. Losing our spot in the league would be much, much worse

1 minute ago, Maharan said:

That's not true. Let's be honest, if anyone is going to buy the club it's because it's a member of the football league. Players come and players go, so if a few are sold to bring the debt level down, then so be it. Losing our spot in the league would be much, much worse

If an owner buys us currently they are buying debt - to balance the debt you need a successful team with large attendances and regular sales - we will have none of that 

2 minutes ago, ossieram said:

We all know that, what we don't need every time someone sticks the knife in or gives it a twist is someone telling us Mel is to blame. 

He's gone and left us in this mess, but it is the EFL and 2hats like Gibson that continue to stick the boot in while we are down.

opportunists, wallowing is others misery

7 minutes ago, Beetle said:

I wonder if the administrators have considered selling next years season tickets early to generate funds just to keep us going. I'd renew our three no problem.

I asked this in another thread. 

All the money generated would go to the creditors and couldn't be used to keep us going.