Reading FC (A) Matchday Thread

Inverurie Ram

15 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I agree that Davies could maybe do with a rest after 3 games in a week  whether that is Mon or not we shall see, but I think it may be vs Coventry in the cup.

I would go with - 

Allsop - Jagielka Stearman Forsyth - Byrne Thompson Bird Knight Ebosele - Lawrence Plange

Roos Davies Williams Jozwiak Morrison Baldock CKR

Definitely vs Coventry 

1 hour ago, Yani P said:

Hull lost. They are back in the mix 2 points from their last 4 games.

Hull imo are the 3rd team we need to catch, Reading & Cardiff have enough to be safe.

Can we beat Hull at home and win 10pts more than them in the remaining games?

Can we beat Barnsley at home and win 1pt more than them in the remaining games?

Can we beat PBoro at home and win 6pts more than them in the remaining games?

25 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Hull imo are the 3rd team we need to catch, Reading & Cardiff have enough to be safe.

Beating Cardiff home and away would help.

In light of events over the past two years, my thinking would be duck the FA Cup. Play our strongest side then rest the lot of them for the Cov game. I'd put out our junior cubs side out if were up to me* or make up some wild Covid blag and forfeit the game. duck integrity when those around us show none**.

*and if something like that actually existed ?‍♀️

** soz, bit poorly and sleep deprived so rather grumpy today 

13 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Maybe, but I don’t think Reading will be feeling too safe if we beat them tomorrow.  Hopefully they play for a point, just to be undone by a Laurence worldy in the last minute.  He is due one.

18 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

In light of events over the past two years, my thinking would be duck the FA Cup. Play our strongest side then rest the lot of them for the Cov game. I'd put out our junior cubs side out if were up to me* or make up some wild Covid blag and forfeit the game. duck integrity when those around us show none**.

*and if something like that actually existed ?‍♀️

** soz, bit poorly and sleep deprived so rather grumpy today 

Agreed. Last thing we need is injuries to key players. Perfect opportunity to give fringe players a game (Sibley) those needing fitness (Shinnie) and further blood a few more youngsters.(Cashin). 

Whilst we still have a chance we need to play every card carefully, rest the older players and not overwork the youngsters who have been amazing. 

Hopefully agaisnt Reading we can play the same team again, safe in the knowledge they get a rest after. Come quickly out the blocks against a rusty Reading, knowing our subs are in the groove too. Big game. 

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Agreed. Last thing we need is injuries to key players. Perfect opportunity to give fringe players a game (Sibley) those needing fitness (Shinnie) and further blood a few more youngsters.(Cashin). 

Whilst we still have a chance we need to play every card carefully, rest the older players and not overwork the youngsters who have been amazing. 

Hopefully agaisnt Reading we can play the same team again, safe in the knowledge they get a rest after. Come quickly out the blocks against a rusty Reading, knowing our subs are in the groove too. Big game. 

Agree. 
Go full strength against Reading and give the fringe players the opportunity against Coventry. 
If ever there was a season where we don’t want/need a cup run then this is the one. 
Any FA cup income wouldn’t even scratch the surface anyway. 

8 minutes ago, Rambervalley said:

Agree. 
Go full strength against Reading and give the fringe players the opportunity against Coventry. 
If ever there was a season where we don’t want/need a cup run then this is the one. 
Any FA cup income wouldn’t even scratch the surface anyway. 

Staying up and winning the FA cup would make a nice double though ??

If Coventry win their games in hand they'll be right in the play off mix.

They might therefore also be thinking that the FA Cup is an unnecessary distraction and rest key players as well.

If that is the case, then I think a strong showing from a much changed Derby team could scrape us through to the next round.

Knowing our luck, we'd probably then get a top 6 Premier League side or a non-league team in the fourth round and get selected for TV. Suddenly the extra income from a decent gate, and/or from TV money, might just come in handy.

9 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

How do I find out if tickets will be avialable at the ground on the day? If they will, I can book a train ticket!

Extract from dcfc website… tickets not available at the ground on the day…….

Off Sale Dates

Tickets will go off sale online at 12pm on Wednesday 22nd December 2021.

Tickets will go off sale from the Ticket Office at 3pm on Friday 31st December 2021.

Pay On The Day

Reading have confirmed that on the day sales will NOT be available.

Thanks. I thought that I had checked the DFCF website. I wonder if Reading always does that, or if it is a Covid measure ... ?

I don't think that I will ever organised enough to be an away fan!

I wonder if home tickets are being sold on the day. I'm just not sure that I would be good enough at pretending not to be a Derby fan! How hard is it to sit in the home end and (a) not cheer for Derby and (b) to not cheer the other team when others around you are cheering!

PS. I guess someone will probably be going to Reading and have a spare ticket! But, I'm not sure that I am certain enough to buy a train ticket!

What will likely cost us this season is our form against the teams we hope to be competing with to avoid relegation. I don't know what the issue is that means we raise our game against teams near the top, but lower it for teams at the bottom. From now on we have to be absolutely ruthless against any teams we might be able to catch. It's great to beat the top teams but counts for nothing if we can't also beat the likes of Reading who we will likely need to overtake to avoid the drop.

This lot haven't played for ages, while we are match hardened. We have to take the game to them from the start, so they don't know what's hit them. And we have to be ruthless in front of goal. No let up. 

Every game at the moment is a cup final. A win here means everything and reduces the gap to safety to single figures. Come on you Rams!

22 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

A bit early to be saying that in my opinion especially as Cardiff have exactly the same number of points as Hull but with a worse goal difference. Any team could go on a good or bad run that could change the whole complexion.