Reading FC (A) Matchday Thread

Inverurie Ram

18 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

4411 is exactly how we set up against Stoke, with Knight on the left of midfield... exactly what I puy 

However his main / telling contribution to the game (if we're talking events leading to goals) came when he'd drifted into the middle 

Edited by Coconut's Beard

3 hours ago, Coconut's Beard said:

However his main / telling contribution to the game (if we're talking events leading to goals) came when he'd drifted into the middle 

Because that's part of the role. Should Jozwiak play CM/AM too because his main contribution in the game came from him playing a through ball down the middle?

30 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Because that's part of the role. Should Jozwiak play CM/AM too because his main contribution in the game came from him playing a through ball down the middle?

If that's what gets the best out off him, sure, although Jozwiak was at least bought as a winger having played there successfully for the past few years.

All I was saying is that perhaps we'd see more of of a direct contribution from Knight in terms of goals / build up play if we could accommodate him in his natural position, because for all his fantastic work for the team he hasn't been hitting the sort of goal/assist numbers he's capable of.

I think you've read more into my post than what was intended tbh.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

6 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

A minor tweak given the Covid situation and 3 games in 8 days.

Allsop

Byrne   Jagielka   Davies   Forsyth

Ebosele   Bird   Tommo   Knight

Lawrence

Plange

Subs: Marshall, Stearman, Williams, Shinnie, Ravel, Jozwiak, Kazim

Curtis needs a rest I reckon and Stearman was great against West Brom (albeit alongside Curtis). I think Stearman should start. Ebosele not great for our fluidity early on, esp in front of Byrne. The flying squad of Plange, Tommo, Knight and Joz put Stoke off their stride. Joz only has one recent game in his legs and the others have boundless youthful energy. Hope to see all of them start. The Ebosele/CKR substitution against Stoke was premeditated I think and the same might happen again. Didn’t think we’d see the day this season when our academy lads would keep Shinnie on the bench but that may be where we are heading. We’re suddenly much more fluid in our formation - early on with Byrne and Foz pivoting and later with Festy popping up all over. It makes us hard to handle. I fear a draw but hope for more 

2 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Curtis needs a rest I reckon and Stearman was great against West Brom (albeit alongside Curtis). I think Stearman should start. Ebosele not great for our fluidity early on, esp in front of Byrne. The flying squad of Plange, Tommo, Knight and Joz put Stoke off their stride. Joz only has one recent game in his legs and the others have boundless youthful energy. Hope to see all of them start. The Ebosele/CKR substitution against Stoke was premeditated I think and the same might happen again. Didn’t think we’d see the day this season when our academy lads would keep Shinnie on the bench but that may be where we are heading. We’re suddenly much more fluid in our formation - early on with Byrne and Foz pivoting and later with Festy popping up all over. It makes us hard to handle. I fear a draw but hope for more 

Davies hasn't been the fittest player since he came to the club, so it's always a bit of an issue playing him week in week out .  Problem is, I suspect he has to keep playing in case Jagielka leaves in January as we can't lose Stearman to injury if he does.

38 minutes ago, Crewton said:

We need to win this one, so we must play our strongest available team. Rest players in the cup game. 

Totally agree ????.

I’d play the U23s in response to us having to field the U12s against Chorley last season.

The FA Cup for me was completely devalued last season and has no value for us at this point either. The league is the only thing that matters for us right now

They tend to play 3 at the back, have some pace in Moore but not the biggest. Would probably go the same team in 4-4-2/4-2-3-1 bringing on Ravel and Kazim in the second half. Obviously depends on how fit those coming back from Covid are.

Allsop

Byrne        Jagielka    Davies   Forsyth

Thompson  Bird 

Jozwiak    Lawrence    Knight

Plange

Reading’s first game since December 11th like Stoke. Think that played a part in their poor performance the other night. Remember us being really bad against Rotherham after a Covid break. Good opportunity for us on Monday.                     

55 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

They tend to play 3 at the back, have some pace in Moore but not the biggest. Would probably go the same team in 4-4-2/4-2-3-1 bringing on Ravel and Kazim in the second half. Obviously depends on how fit those coming back from Covid are.

Allsop

Byrne        Jagielka    Davies   Forsyth

Thompson  Bird 

Jozwiak    Lawrence    Knight

Plange

Reading’s first game since December 11th like Stoke. Think that played a part in their poor performance the other night. Remember us being really bad against Rotherham after a Covid break. Good opportunity for us on Monday.                     

Only 3 games with 3/5 at the back accorisng to Whoscored

22 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Difficult to change a winning team ?

Alsop

Jags.     Curtis.   Stearman 

Joz.   Knight.  Bird.  Tommo.    Fozzy

Lawrence   Plange 

Don’t want to change a winning team, but think my only potential change would be giving Curtis a rest.

he’s played a lot of football recently and looked a bit jaded in the last couple of games. Done a great job though!

12 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Don’t want to change a winning team, but think my only potential change would be giving Curtis a rest.

he’s played a lot of football recently and looked a bit jaded in the last couple of games. Done a great job though!

He has played every minute of every game this season hasnt he?

23 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Reading v Derby County Select Car Leasing Stadium 3pm Monday 3rd Jan 2022

Away against The Royals on Sky Sports Main Event.

Can the Rams keep Inverurie Ram going into February 2022?

Will this game be on? Will the preferred bidder be chosen? Was Thursday good to us all?

Unfortunately, they are a team that have done better against us in the past.

Hopefully the players and fans and everyone at D.C.F.C. will carry on to give their all and a positive result can be achieved.

Overall Games Won: 16 Games Drawn: 9 Games Lost: 26

Since 1986 at Reading Games Won: 4 Games Drawn: 3 Games Lost: 13

Reading v Derby County v Head to Head

https://www.11v11.com/teams/Derby-county/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Reading/

Played for both Reading and Derby County

Sone Aluko, Sam Baldock, Alex Pearce, Tomasz Cywka and Grzegorz Rasiak. Any others?

Reading Football Ground Guide

https://footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/championship/madejski-stadium-reading.html

Reading History

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/history/our-story/

Last time we won away at Reading 3rd Aug 2018.

Slowdive are from Reading

RamsTV Streaming - How To Watch

Sing loudly and proudly.

Support Derby County Football Club on the way to the game, at the game and after the game and from wherever you are around the world.

D.C.F.C. Love, Life & Unity.

A player many want to forget played for us but played for us both is Blackman

I agree that Davies could maybe do with a rest after 3 games in a week  whether that is Mon or not we shall see, but I think it may be vs Coventry in the cup.

I would go with - 

Allsop - Jagielka Stearman Forsyth - Byrne Thompson Bird Knight Ebosele - Lawrence Plange

Roos Davies Williams Jozwiak Morrison Baldock CKR