Reading FC (A) Matchday Thread

Inverurie Ram

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don't honestly think we'll catch enough teams whether it's Reading or anyone else but, the point I was making is that just one game won't have meant they're were suddenly out of reach.

But one game CAN make a massive difference...We win.. 8 points behind, catchable.. Reading win 14 points behind.. uncatchable!

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Perhaps I am being greedy but think we deserved all 3 points. Totally dominated the second half. Not convinced it was a free kick for their second. We at last are looking a team and have some momentum. Well played lads ??

First wasn’t a free kick either and taken 10 yds ahead of where it should have been. 

I thought our luck was just starting to run out and we looked very very leggy, but credit where it’s due.

Reading we’re fortunate to be 2 ahead and didn’t really know what to do once they got themselves in that position. 

Thought we could have gone more direct earlier because they were never comfortable at the back and passing through the middle was a futile practice. But there were always goals in the game and they got their in the end.

In hindsight it could have been a game for Morrison to start, but you can see the longer effects of a covid outbreak if he can’t do a full game and with no Shinnie.

What a come back by the lads just a shame I could not make it today but I caught most of it.

As I got finished at 3pm today I saw most of first half and 2nd half.

Anyways lads showing so much fight and believe I am so pround of the lads today.

10 points of possible 12 not bad at all out so many games short period of time.

Strange old game. 

Started really slowly but gradually played our way into it, only to concede a worldie.

Midfirld dominated 2nd half but at the expense of having a cutting edge. Concede scruffy 2nd goal and look like chickens have finally come to roost and not snatched the points through sheer endeavour. 

No final ball, Reading look comfortable but Derby still trying to play their way though. 

Then their keeper flaps at a cross and Kaz bundles it in. 5mins to snatch a point and Byrne slings a cross over and Curtis hangs like Michael Jordan and buries a header like Shearer. 

Still time for Curtis to be a bit fortunate to not give a penalty away.

What a game!

Unbelievable fight - but so frustrating to go two down to a team that offered nothing other than hoping Carroll would win every long ball. Big point but felt like two points dropped to me on full reflection. But we keep going and what a header by Curtis! This team is very good at the moment. 

Edited by Ramos

Just now, Chester40 said:

Still time for Curtis to be a bit fortunate to not give a penalty away.

Think we had two better shouts

- their defender leaned into a shot and clearly played it with his arm that he deliberately left there

- Ebosele taken out well after the ball had gone. Anywhere else and that’s a freekick, possibly even a booking. 

11 points, 21 games, a team on fire. Maybe we will, maybe we won't, but whatever happens I'll never forget the way these lads and the coaches have gone about their business over this most festive of holidays. An absolute pride of lions who took the baiting chants of the Reading plastics and rammed them firmly back down their throats. Priceless!

If the way we've started this year is in any way indicative of how we'll carry on, we're in for one hell of ride. We don't fear anyone. Buckle up, batten down the hatches and lock up your daughters folks. The Rams have broken loose and are running riot ???

COYR

The two Sky post-match pundits/summarisers/numpties are talking their usual tosh. 70% possession and double the number of attempts on goal, but apparently we were never in it. Drivel. Reading had two chances and scored two goals. Hardly dominated did they!  Frustrates me so much that we never get any credit for anything.  Aaghh.