The Administration Thread

Boycie

5 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

The bloke runs one of the most profitable businesses in the country. From a financial point of view he is the best choice by a country mile. My biggest concern is the lack of investment in the infrastructure in the stadium, training facilities etc long term. Hopefully by then he would have sold the club for a profit.

Get him in I say. Newcastle fans still search for the glory days of Bobby Robson and King Kevin, Ashley was never going to invest to the point of losing money and getting into big debts. Newcastle had them champions league runs and were in around £80 million in debt, near financial ruin. Saved the club. Hopefully he'll do the same for us. 

I like the idea of our club still being in english hands.

5 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

The bloke runs one of the most profitable businesses in the country. From a financial point of view he is the best choice by a country mile. My biggest concern is the lack of investment in the infrastructure in the stadium, training facilities etc long term. Hopefully by then he would have sold the club for a profit.

Get him in I say. Newcastle fans still search for the glory days of Bobby Robson and King Kevin, Ashley was never going to invest to the point of losing money and getting into big debts. Newcastle had them champions league runs and were in around £80 million in debt, near financial ruin. Saved the club. Hopefully he'll do the same for us. 

That’s the beauty of buying us we don’t have to worry about the infrastructure. The stadium is fine as it is and the training ground is state of the art. Both for the time being don’t need any investment unless we get to the prem and we expand the stadium 

25 minutes ago, maxjam said:

I'd welcome Ashley. 

I always thought the name Pride Park was a bit pretentious anyway ? 

Note that it is called Pride Park because it came about through a government project i worked on for a time in the 1990s called City Pride where councils could apply for funding to develop derelict areas. Derby’s application was successful, along with several others. Nothing to do with a feeling of deep pleasure or satisfaction, which I am getting now. No not that, the idea of Ashley taking over. Great news.

8 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Note that it is called Pride Park because it came about through a government project i worked on for a time in the 1990s called City Pride where councils could apply for funding to develop derelict areas. Derby’s application was successful, along with several others. Nothing to do with a feeling of deep pleasure or satisfaction, which I am getting now. No not that, the idea of Ashley taking over. Great news.

I did know that, I was joking ?

And I do like the name Pride Park anyway!

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

Hopefully it's part of his MO to get things concluded quickly then. I hope he knows the ins and outs and isn't going to spend weeks analysing it before submitting whatever has been prepared.

Those two Scottish businessmen that were involved early on but walked away were linked to Ashley. Perhaps they retrieved all the information for him, then 'withdrew' so Ashley could assess without putting his hat in the ring.

Spot on. I just said similar to a mate who initially took the pee then, after wgich I pointed out he may well have played a blinder, done all the necessary work on the QT and has the funds (£300m from Toon and net worth of over £2bn). It's a yes from me if true. 

Edited by BucksRam

20 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

That’s the beauty of buying us we don’t have to worry about the infrastructure. The stadium is fine as it is and the training ground is state of the art. Both for the time being don’t need any investment unless we get to the prem and we expand the stadium 

Have you seen the Leicester City training ground ? We also had plans for the East Stand . Always room for improvement

18 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

It was originally a Millennium Project bid, we lost out London of course, but the bids that did not win got some extra  funding.

2 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

"On Twitter, One Director singer and Derby fan Niall Horan reacted to the possibility of Ashley taking over, writing: "Please no!"

You ducking buy us then!

In a nice fantasy world. Ashley buys the club, buys the Stadium off Mel/MSD, pays off all creditor's. Takes the EFL to court and wins the case (gets the 9 points deducted back). Takes that idiot Gibson and the gobby yank at Wycombe to court and sues them for millions. We finish the season in a comfortable mid-table position.

And then next season..................................................