The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I haven’t seen anything outside of their public statements, and the written reasons from their attempt to appeal our initial disciplinary panel hearing. Those written reasons were very clear that ‘Boro also wanted to appeal charge 1 (the sale of Pride Park) as well as get in on the appeal of charge 2 (the amortisation).  Their statement from last week stated that they are claiming for other reasons as well the amortisation, so it’s most likely the stadium. I find it hard to believe that there’s something else buried in the accounts that literally nobody else has spotted in 5+ years of heavy scrutiny.

Some sort of mardyness over Waghorn? Wasn't that mentioned by that itk Boro fan on their forum?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Some sort of mardyness over Waghorn? Wasn't that mentioned by that itk Boro fan on their forum?

They used “systematic cheating” in their statement, so it’s hard to reconcile that with just one transfer.  The complaint was always that our overspending allowed us to beat them to sign Waghorn etc, but that overspending still comes down to either the amortisation issue (which we’ve been punished for) or some other reason (which we haven’t been found guilty of).

5 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

They used “systematic cheating” in their statement, so it’s hard to reconcile that with just one transfer.  The complaint was always that our overspending allowed us to beat them to sign Waghorn etc, but that overspending still comes down to either the amortisation issue (which we’ve been punished for) or some other reason (which we haven’t been found guilty of).

In all fairness, they should be paying us compensation because we saved them from acquiring Waghorn 

10 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I haven’t seen anything outside of their public statements, and the written reasons from their attempt to appeal our initial disciplinary panel hearing. Those written reasons were very clear that ‘Boro also wanted to appeal charge 1 (the sale of Pride Park) as well as get in on the appeal of charge 2 (the amortisation).  Their statement from last week stated that they are claiming for other reasons as well the amortisation, so it’s most likely the stadium. I find it hard to believe that there’s something else buried in the accounts that literally nobody else has spotted in 5+ years of heavy scrutiny.

I must be me misreading the situation.

I presumed it was as as simple as: they had accepted the finding and that we were guilty of breaching the rules. Our breach resulted in them missing out on the play offs. 

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I must be me misreading the situation.

I presumed it was as as simple as: they had accepted the finding and that we were guilty of breaching the rules. Our breach resulted in them missing out on the play offs. 

This is was the relevant bit of their statement:

”The claim is not limited merely to the amortisation issue in respect of which a Disciplinary Panel have already found Derby County to have breached the P&S Rules. Without breaking the confidentiality of the proceedings, in simple terms, MFC allege Derby County and its directors systematically cheated under the P&S Rules and that such cheating affects the integrity of the competition”

1 minute ago, StaffsRam said:

They got Pulis and Warnock instead….??

I mean, how much grief could've been spared everyone if Gibson hadn't thought to himself "this is my last go that's bankrolled by parachute payments, I had better make sure I hire a manager whoes charismatic football and attacking instincts will make Boro a force to contend with this season....and if ye has a baseball hat all the better....yes pulis is my guy...if we're not in the premier League next season it fon only be because of cheating by others"

21 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Our overspending was a breach of FFP but they actually out spent us .. by definition we had no financial advantage whatsoever. In sporting and financial terms They had an advantage over us due to parachute money.
We breached a technical rule - which, after due process, has given us a points deduction that has been applied. 

Saying we cheated is like a two handed man in a fight saying it’s not fair you took your handcuffs off 

2 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

Wycombe are arguing that we contrived to have our punishment applied in the wrong season, to our advantage.  Saying we've served our punishment doesn't address that.

'Boro are arguing that our punishment wasn't enough - we should have been given a harsher punishment and should have also been found guilty of things we were cleared of. We've served out punishment doesn't address that.

You can be in charge of that message, it will be relevant after the takeover, if Boro and Wycombe continue their shenanigans!

Everyone else needs to work on the clear concise message that we’ve been harshly punished (even though we weren’t guilty) and stopping our takeover is just vindictive and malicious!

It’s all about messaging right now!

Edited by Ramarena

22 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

This is was the relevant bit of their statement:

”The claim is not limited merely to the amortisation issue in respect of which a Disciplinary Panel have already found Derby County to have breached the P&S Rules. Without breaking the confidentiality of the proceedings, in simple terms, MFC allege Derby County and its directors systematically cheated under the P&S Rules and that such cheating affects the integrity of the competition”

They've either got something that hasn't been examined in the charges made by the EFL, in which case, they should present the evidence to the EFL for them to investigate and charge DCFC, or, they are referring to matters already decided.

If they are just going to make a mixture of inferences and assertions on the basis they think we spent more than we should have, I'd expect a robust defence to take that appart.