The Administration Thread

Boycie

18 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Who said it was sorted? Considering they said it was expected on or before the 31st, I don't expect anything until next Friday at the very earliest.

I wouldn't be totally surprised if we don't hear anything at all until the whole thing is signed and sealed, and then we get a big announcement with everything in - out of admin, EFL membership confirmed, no more points deductions, season tickets on sale, Rooney has signed a new contract etc.  I'm taking silence as a positive thing - "things are moving smoothly" doesn't make a good news story, whereas if the deal was about to explode it would.

6 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I wouldn't be totally surprised if we don't hear anything at all until the whole thing is signed and sealed, and then we get a big announcement with everything in - out of admin, EFL membership confirmed, no more points deductions, season tickets on sale, Rooney has signed a new contract etc.  I'm taking silence as a positive thing - "things are moving smoothly" doesn't make a good news story, whereas if the deal was about to explode it would.

The marketing team responsible for putting all of the announcements together for social media are going to be busy for the next 8 weeks. Takeovers, new contracts, new signings. It's all going to be a bit of a whirlwind assuming everything goes to plan from here on.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The marketing team responsible for putting all of the announcements together for social media are going to be busy for the next 8 weeks. Takeovers, new contracts, new signings. It's all going to be a bit of a whirlwind assuming everything goes to plan from here on.

That poor corner flag is going to be needing an agent with all the photo ops.

35 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If the stadium sale was sorted I would have imagined we hear something before Monday.

The statement from Chris seemed to suggest the stadium wouldn't be an issue and will be resolved "over the coming days", whatever that means.

"over the coming days" is just another way of saying imminently.....

15 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Arguably we’d have been better off paying twice as much in fees, for them to get us sold by Xmas. CK’s deal was there and there’s no reason others could not have got there had the timetable been driven as it should. (Appleby was ‘ready to go’ not many weeks later. ) We would have saved a lot of interest cost and kept a lot of talent 

But I think duncan (and you) may have a point : there aren’t many firms who are equipped for and interested in this sort of work. And covid has kept the restructuring community gainfully employed

But your accusation of ‘confirmation bias’ is bonkers. There was no adverse comment about Q before the FC debacle from me or anyone else (my own impression then was that they’d done pretty well and I was hopeful we’d be able to use the window). It then became clear at the famous Thursday come-to-Jesus meeting with the EFL that they had made a major misstep. And in a mad panic they compounded their error by lashing out at the EFL and unleashing a torrent of venom from our fans which sent Rick Parry’s computer (as well as his equanimity) into a Chernobyl-scale meltdown. They incited our fans to attack the EFL to deflect blame. There, I said it. It could have been taken from the Mel Morris handbook of diplomacy (“How to make friends in the NE and influence your regulator”)

(Your accusation of ‘confirmation bias’ in my subsequent evisceration of Q’s handling of the M&A process makes more sense  - I was agin‘ em at that stage. But by then Jags had gone to Stoke, and my humors were gently bubbling in the radioactive fallout )

Thanks for the response, but I'm starting to think you've lost your mind! ?

Your post reads a bit like those posts from the Bristol City fan, obsessed and weird, so interested in your own warped and weirdly arrogant view of Quantuma that you've almost turned it into a Hollywood script.

There's no point going into detail on all the things you've said there because it's all been done before. You're still acting like you're privy to information you don't have and making over the top judgements based on pure fantasy. It's ridiculous.

The are a few posters who have a reputation of being very even handed, level headed, able to look at things dispassionately. They all seem to fall on the side of the fence I'm on with this, but without engaging in the more silly side of your posts.

I'll probably be drawn back into your world of imagination again in a few weeks, but for now I'm done with it!

Edited by Coconut's Beard

15 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

We accepted it.

i dont think in administration you have many options. its a firesale. bit i agree with earlier comments. fabulously wealthy premier league side offers derisory offer to club in administration to ensure they make more money in the future. yeh well done. blinder.

15 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I wander how far we are getting pp of bloodly mel.

Don't expect it to happen right until the wire 31 May, sadly its how these things work, picking over the bones of a dead carcass!  Yep only one man to blame for this mess, others have made it difficult, but had he not of been so reckless we wouldn't be where we are today.

I’m hoping the corner flag is getting a well earned rest. 

be nice to see some photos of it on its summer break. Wonder which inanimate object it would go with & where?

(I’ve officially lost the plot haven’t I) 

BTW - no news is good news. We don’t need to know the minutiae. Another midnight tweet from our new owner, (CK) saying it’s all sorted, season tickets will be on sale soon/shortly/imminently is all I need 

5 minutes ago, Nishfan said:

I’m hoping the corner flag is getting a well earned rest. 

be nice to see some photos of it on its summer break. Wonder which inanimate object it would go with & where?

(I’ve officially lost the plot haven’t I) 

BTW - no news is good news. We don’t need to know the minutiae. Another midnight tweet from our new owner, (CK) saying it’s all sorted, season tickets will be on sale soon/shortly/imminently is all I need 

As you clearly love the flag I’ve attached some racier photos 

56F1F937-8E7C-414A-8C6B-B13B8EFDDECA.jpeg

5AF0B005-E860-4015-A0EA-A09D8B0B5BAC.jpeg

17 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Arguably we’d have been better off paying twice as much in fees, for them to get us sold by Xmas. CK’s deal was there and there’s no reason others could not have got there had the timetable been driven as it should. (Appleby was ‘ready to go’ not many weeks later. ) We would have saved a lot of interest cost and kept a lot of talent 

But I think duncan (and you) may have a point : there aren’t many firms who are equipped for and interested in this sort of work. And covid has kept the restructuring community gainfully employed

But your accusation of ‘confirmation bias’ is bonkers. There was no adverse comment about Q before the FC debacle from me or anyone else (my own impression then was that they’d done pretty well and I was hopeful we’d be able to use the window). It then became clear at the famous Thursday come-to-Jesus meeting with the EFL that they had made a major misstep. And in a mad panic they compounded their error by lashing out at the EFL and unleashing a torrent of venom from our fans which sent Rick Parry’s computer (as well as his equanimity) into a Chernobyl-scale meltdown. They incited our fans to attack the EFL to deflect blame. There, I said it. It could have been taken from the Mel Morris handbook of diplomacy (“How to make friends in the NE and influence your regulator”)

(Your accusation of ‘confirmation bias’ in my subsequent evisceration of Q’s handling of the M&A process makes more sense  - I was agin‘ em at that stage. But by then Jags had gone to Stoke, and my humors were gently bubbling in the radioactive fallout )

There no doubt there was a major falling out between Q and the EFL. You will be unsurprised to learn who I think was to  blame for that. 

EFL’s latest proposal gives a clue to the issue here. Q think they should be free to resolve things in accordance with insolvency law and to act in the interests of the creditors as a whole. EFL want to meddle in things which only  serves to make things worse for the creditors as a whole. 

and indeed EFL has made things much worse for us and for the creditors. In spite of all that they may end up with better deal than many commentators thought possible. 

Edited by PistoldPete

52 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

a quote from Nixon tho’    ! 

Who is not the most popular journo on this board, largely because of the journal he works for and the fact that he never responds to a question he can't answer with a simple 'I don't know' but instead resorts to either cryptic or sarcastic answers. However, he has a long history in football journalism and was very respected during his long association with the Independent. Through his longevity, he has built up a very healthy number of sources within the game. Irritatingly, for most of us concerned with DCFC's administration process, some of those sources are well placed within the corridors of the EFL and at 3.00pm Nixon quite regularly releases very accurate information of the day's business decisions made in Preston and London, which we don't officially get to hear about from the EFL until they release an official statement at 6.00pm.

Nixon often seems to understand more about what is happening in the EFL than Rick Parry. So you dismiss everything he says at your peril. Nixon deals with the real world. As Coconut's Beard has concisely explained above, you prefer to live most of the time in your own fantasy world so for most on here, Nixon is far more perceptive and reliable for us than you often are.