The Administration Thread

Boycie

53 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

CK seems very excited and enthusiastic. Hope he's not another Fawaz. He'll have pictures of lumberjacks felling trees on the office walls.

PS. Has he landed yet?

Whatever he ends up being in the long term, he appears to be the man to save us from oblivion in the short term which is priority one and overrides anything else at this point.

My take on him is that he is a habitual entrepreneur. He is taking us over for the challenge, and the possibility that he will make some money either by selling the club for more than he invests in it or by getting us to the PL and doing it that way. His decisions in the weeks, months and years to come will likely be made on that basis.

I just hope he’s ready for the inevitable abuse he’s going to get when things aren’t going well. It’s all great when he’s the ‘saviour’ and no doubt having largely positive comments coming his way but, as we know, football fans are notoriously fickle and adulation can turn to hate in the blink of an eye.

So I hope he’s got a thick skin and won’t lose interest once the honeymoon period is over. I think his very public profile and presence on social media will work against him - and his relationship with fans - if/when this happens. 

This isn’t really a criticism or concern about him as owner, more a feeling of exasperation that the mentality of a lot of modern (young) football fans, social media and the general malaise of society could work against us, particularly if he ends up being a sensitive soul. 

1 minute ago, LazloW said:

I just hope he’s ready for the inevitable abuse he’s going to get when things aren’t going well. It’s all great when he’s the ‘saviour’ and no doubt having largely positive comments coming his way but, as we know, football fans are notoriously fickle and adulation can turn to hate in the blink of an eye.

So I hope he’s got a thick skin and won’t lose interest once the honeymoon period is over. I think his very public profile and presence on social media will work against him - and his relationship with fans - if/when this happens. 

This isn’t really a criticism or concern about him as owner, more a feeling of exasperation that the mentality of a lot of modern (young) football fans, social media and the general malaise of society could work against us, particularly if he ends up being a sensitive soul. 

If he’s that sensitive he doesn’t belong in business or running a football club 

5 minutes ago, LazloW said:

I just hope he’s ready for the inevitable abuse he’s going to get when things aren’t going well.

Won't take that long knowing our lot. 

The first ludicrous "stellar" signing that the worst clickbait sites associate us with that he confirms he will NOT be funding should do the trick.... ?

9 hours ago, 68 Guns said:

You expect us to read that? I stopped at OTIB!

Never sure why folks are so obsessed with reporting about other folks who are obsessed with us.

It's of no relevance to this thread ( no relevance to me full stop) I'm a ram. Could not care less about Leeds or Forest or whoever.

We spend too long worrying about others. It's laughable to be honest.

If you are a true Ram you shouldn't be bothered about the others. Just us.

The day im bothered about what Bristol City fans think is the day i actually give up on life itself

5 hours ago, Needlesh said:

In fairness to GS, i reckon the point is to highlight the obsession. No-one on here is reading that, just seeing the volume. Can't see many at florist giving enough of a monkeys to trawl through it either.

Far too many words involved for Forest fans to comprehend

37 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

My take on him is that he is a habitual entrepreneur. He is taking us over for the challenge, and the possibility that he will make some money either by selling the club for more than he invests in it or by getting us to the PL and doing it that way. His decisions in the weeks, months and years to come will likely be made on that basis.

My nagging doubt is around his closeness to Rooney and this Garry Cook fella. If any part of that relationship goes south then I'm not sure what Kirchner does. It feels a lot like they have a common understanding (CK is the money and ambition, WR wants to prove himself as a manager and GC is the experienced one who gets to run the day-to-day stuff) 

13 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

My nagging doubt is around his closeness to Rooney and this Garry Cook fella. If any part of that relationship goes south then I'm not sure what Kirchner does. It feels a lot like they have a common understanding (CK is the money and ambition, WR wants to prove himself as a manager and GC is the experienced one who gets to run the day-to-day stuff) 

The inevitable is that Wayne will leave sometime, whether he jumps or is pushed.  In the meantime it is fair to say that he hasn't yet had the opportunity to work in a constructive or healthy relationship with the Club's custodians - Mel or Q - but kept us up in season 1 and failed gloriously in season 2. Having created in both seasons a very positive dressing room spirit that got us further than we might otherwise have done, he has more than earned the chance at season 3, a positive owner/manager relationship and, hopefully, some financial support.  If he does well then he may get another offer he can't turn down; if he doesn't do well then no doubt the terraces will let him know and/or the owner will act.  'Twas ever thus.