The Administration Thread

Boycie

Just now, CBRammette said:

Yep its quite funny - you can tell he is sick to the back teeth of people asking as he cant tell them anything! Then these articles rehash what he is guessing. One thing seems obvious though - Admins dont trust EFL and want to delay telling them anything as late as possible. Strange that

Nailed It GIF by MOODMAN

3 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Yep its quite funny - you can tell he is sick to the back teeth of people asking as he cant tell them anything! Then these articles rehash what he is guessing. One thing seems obvious though - Admins dont trust EFL and want to delay telling them anything as late as possible. Strange that

That’s the impression I get .

Nixon losing plot lately 

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

What has Percy said? I have only seen the Nixon stuff.

My bad, Percy was mentioned in the article in regards to the EFL “may” issue a 15 point deduction if the 25p in the pound isn’t achieved.

Nixons going to look a bit foolish if an acceptable bid has gone in?

Just now, CBRammette said:

Well he must justify his position by being the oracle and having "contacts" 

I must admit he has made fooled big time and some of what he says might be right but Administrators are wiser to EFL leaking information now .

Lets just see what happens this week and hope. 

30 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Nixon has been getting wound up because he’s out the loop.  
He even told someone to do one the other day on twitter 

Funnily enough I've noticed that over the past few days - increasingly short in his responses (more than usual) - suspect he's been issuing more bans than usual with some pushing him for answers, something he doesn't like.  Suspect he's out the loop right now as Q are keeping things a little more close to their chests.  Diddums. 

4 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Funnily enough I've noticed that over the past few days - increasingly short in his responses (more than usual) - suspect he's been issuing more bans than usual with some pushing him for answers, something he doesn't like.  Suspect he's out the loop right now as Q are keeping things a little more close to their chests.  Diddums. 

This wound him up 

—————————-

Alan Nixon

@reluctantnicko

·

14h

And you can do one

Quote Tweet

Matt Shillcock

@matty_shilly

· 14h

Replying to @reluctantnicko

So are you saying they haven’t spoken to EFL yet and you know this because you get your info from the EFL?

10 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

they wrote a paper on all of this before taking office - there were no complexities they were unaware of.

Fans' expectation (including yours perhaps) was that they would get the PB announced in Dec or latest Jan. You now call that unrealistic but it was Q's timetable. It's 28 March today.

Have to say, when they announced their timetable in Sept, I thought there was plenty of room for slippage

I think they are under resourced - they have handled the various workstreams (EFL, creditors, Gibbo, exit, bid process) in too sequential a way. This led to the EFL-football creditors-Gibbo debacle arising far too late in the day, wrecking our transfer window and exposing the entire process to added risk.  The last month fannying around with the bidders speaks for itself.

This is not hindsight. Posters on here were warning months ago that bidders would not take the Gibbo risk. And people were saying months before it happened that MM's involvement was needed to solve the Gibbo issue, and there were press articles along the same lines. Q needed to be speaking to the EFL about the FC issue in advance of the train wreck; in the same way they needed to be speaking to bidders in advance of receiving bids that failed to clear the bar last month.

I'm not unrealistic. They are human, things will go wrong. But it's verging on a comedy of errors. 

One of the posters saying that no bidder would risk the Boro claims was me, said people were living in fantasy land if they thought anyone would just tell Gibson to eff off, regardless that the claim seemed like (and was) baseless nonsense. 

You say the administrators didn't foresee that or deal with that quickly enough, but of course they did. Their idea to resolve it was cross-class cramp down - a perfectly valid legal solution, so why should they anticipate the EFL refusing it? Of course that's hindsight speaking!

Would love to know exactly what power you think they had to remove the claims any other way?  Oh right... talking to people more! They could have clarified things with the EFL before the meeting, but then what? They'd still be at an impasse with no way forward until the claims were dealt with.

They could talk until they were blue in the face, but it wasn't in their gift to make Morris/Gibson come to an agreement, they can't force other people to act! 

Now the people living in fantasy land are the ones who are thinking that the administrators could have moved things along any quicker than they did up to the point of the EFL stealth-admitting they held a position in support of Boro (remember they claimed for months to know nothing of the claim!) and the actions taken by MM / Gibson.

The EFL/Gibson had a clear plan to keep all this running as long into January as possible. The damage caused by that is significant, resulting in further delays and problems that we are dealing with currently.

Not that I expect you to accept that as fact, given your stance in past discussions.

I'm not saying you criticism of Quantuma isn't valid, but I am still going to say you're being unrealistic in your expectations - as perhaps Quantuma have also been.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

37 minutes ago, Boycie said:

My bad, Percy was mentioned in the article in regards to the EFL “may” issue a 15 point deduction if the 25p in the pound isn’t achieved.

Nixons going to look a bit foolish if an acceptable bid has gone in?

Thanks, Boycie. It's easy to miss the actual news in these threads amongst all this twaddle about grammar and the like! ?

If only I hadn't flounced out of the Daily Updates thread it would all have been in one place for people to read. ?‍♀️

6 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

One of the posters saying that no bidder would risk the Boro claims was me, said people were living in fantasy land if they thought anyone would just tell Gibson to eff off, regardless that whether the claim seemed like (and was) baseless nonsense. 

You say the administrators didn't forsee that or deal with that quickly enough, but of course they did. Their idea to resolve it was cross-class cramp down - a perfectly valid legal solution, so why should they anticipate the EFL refusing it? Of course that's hindsight speaking!

Would love to know exactly what power you think they had to remove the claims any other way?  Oh right... talking to people more!

They could have clarified things with the EFL before the meeting, but then what? They'd still be at an impasse with no way forward until the claims were dealt with.

They could talk until they were blue in the face, but it wasn't in their gift to make Morris/Gibson come to an agreement, they can't force other people to act! 

Now the people living in fantasy land are the ones who are thinking that the administrators could have moved things along any quicker than they did up to the point of the EFL stealth-admitting they held a position in support of Boro (remember they claimed for months to know nothing of the claim!) and the actions taken by MM / Gibson.

The EFL/Gibson had a clear plan to keep all this running as long into January as possible. The damage caused by that is significant, resulting in further delays and problems that we are dealing with currently.

Not that I expect you to accept that as fact, given your stance in past discussions.

I'm not saying you criticism of Quantuma isn't valid, but I am still going to say you're being unrealistic in your expectations - as perhaps Quantuma have also been.

I agree with all of that. I would say that the EFL’s positions throughout have been the killer, as any reasonable assumption about them turned out to be false meaning planned solutions fell apart. This includes Mel thinking administration would get them off the club’s back as they would take their personal vendetta up with him, not engaging on the validity of Boro/Wycombe claims at any point, not raising the absence of Boro/Wycombe from the list of creditors last November (and waiting until Quantuma presented PB in January), rejecting the legal solution of a cross-class cramp down etc. And that’s without including the charges, appeals, secret embargoes etc from before last September. 

53 minutes ago, Curtains said:

That’s the impression I get .

Nixon losing plot lately 

As soon as the EFL have a meeting with Q the details of the meaning are leaked to the press, by the EFL. It’s no wonder that Q want to play their cards close to their chest.

I doubt that anyone other than Q and the interested parties know any details.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/concerning-fresh-reports-on-derby-county-takeover-situation-and-future-points-deduction-emerge/

Nixon claims that none of the bids made reach the numbers needed financially and that finding a buyer is proving harder than ever.

Additionally, Nixon has reported that the chances of avoiding an EFL points deduction for next season now look slim.

As per The Telegraph’s John Percy, a points deduction may be applied if the bids don’t meet EFL insolvency regulations.

Beyond Words

Derby County’s administrators Quantuma have not picked a preferred bidder to take to the EFL for approval as it was previously suggested they would over the weekend, according to journalist Alan Nixon.

On Friday, Quantuma outlined the process they expected to follow in order to publicly name a preferred bidder.

In a statement, they revealed that final bids had to be in by close of business on Friday and would then be assessed over the weekend.

A decision would then be made over the preferred bidder and they would seek EFL approval in discussions early this week before publicly naming them.

According to Nixon, however, the administrators have not yet picked a preferred bidder as they claimed they would.

He claims that none of the bids made reach the numbers needed financially and that finding a buyer is proving harder than ever.

Additionally, Nixon has reported that the chances of avoiding an EFL points deduction for next season now look slim.

As per The Telegraph’s John Percy, a points deduction may be applied if the bids don’t meet EFL insolvency regulations.

The Verdict

This is a very concerning update on the Derby situation.

The new timelines outlined by the administrators on Friday looked to offer fresh hope that concrete progress would soon be made toward a takeover deal and the arrival of a new owner.

However, it seems Quantuma are facing continued problems and may once again not be able to stick to the timeline they revealed just a few days ago.

Supporters have become cautious when it comes to any of the timelines or claims made by the administrators and Nixon’s reports highlight just why.

It’s going to be interesting to see how the rest of the week pans out and whether a preferred bidder is indeed selected and named.

My question: How hard is it to go to the creditors and say this is what a potential buyer is willing to pay, so you can have X amount. That's not enough, ok well then you get almost nothing because the club goes into liquidation.

4 minutes ago, Oldben said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/concerning-fresh-reports-on-derby-county-takeover-situation-and-future-points-deduction-emerge/

Nixon claims that none of the bids made reach the numbers needed financially and that finding a buyer is proving harder than ever.

Beyond Words

Derby County’s administrators Quantuma have not picked a preferred bidder to take to the EFL for approval as it was previously suggested they would over the weekend, according to journalist Alan Nixon.

On Friday, Quantuma outlined the process they expected to follow in order to publicly name a preferred bidder.

In a statement, they revealed that final bids had to be in by close of business on Friday and would then be assessed over the weekend.

A decision would then be made over the preferred bidder and they would seek EFL approval in discussions early this week before publicly naming them.

According to Nixon, however, the administrators have not yet picked a preferred bidder as they claimed they would.

He claims that none of the bids made reach the numbers needed financially and that finding a buyer is proving harder than ever.

The Verdict

This is a very concerning update on the Derby situation.

The new timelines outlined by the administrators on Friday looked to offer fresh hope that concrete progress would soon be made toward a takeover deal and the arrival of a new owner.

However, it seems Quantuma are facing continued problems and may once again not be able to stick to the timeline they revealed just a few days ago.

Supporters have become cautious when it comes to any of the timelines or claims made by the administrators and Nixon’s reports highlight just why.

It’s going to be interesting to see how the rest of the week pans out and whether a preferred bidder is indeed selected and named.

My question: How hard is it to go to the creditors and say this is what a potential buyer is willing to pay, so you can have X amount. That's not enough, ok well then you get almost nothing because the club goes into liquidation.

“Claims”

Stop reading what that idiot “claims”

At this minute we know nothing and won’t know anything until the admins meet the EFL.

Sharing articles from ‘Football League World’, Alan Nixon or any of that ilk that is telling us what we already know/presume is only going to create more panic and everyone blowing up saying ‘well something should be happening right now’

Don’t play the the clickbait journalists game, it will all comes out through trusted channels when it needs to

Edited by TuffLuff

1 hour ago, Ramos said:

Can we all just remember Alan Nixon ran the story that Mike Ashley was out, for his advisor to do a sky sports interview literally the next day saying the story was bull. I’d ignore everything he says.  

You do have to wonder if that was Quantuma "doing a Coleen" and giving different fake stories to different people to see who was leaking...

Are the problems the creditors won't accept the offers or that the EFL are of the opinion that the offers don't match their insolvency policy?

I'd also guess there's a fair amount of "hypothetically, if we said X is our deal, would X incur additional penalties on the club? Because with additional penalties, the offer may be withdrawn by the bidder" emails going around - presumably with replys of "as per our stated policy" - parties hoping to get someone else to commit to something before they make a decision in an endless round of "you show me yours and I'll show you mine" with no one showing anything.