The Administration Thread

Boycie

14 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Maybe it's the administrators not putting them on sale because they can see how unlikely it is that we'll actually have a PB....

But then they wouldn’t be selling home tickets either. If there is a delay due to our financial position it would be due to the authorities I think just like Chelsea couldn’t sell tickets. 

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

But then they wouldn’t be selling home tickets either. If there is a delay due to our financial position it would be due to the authorities I think just like Chelsea couldn’t sell tickets. 

If it's a delay due to our financial situation then someone is telling lies, because the EFL had been given evidence that we can see out the season.

At this point I don't care if we start in League One on -15 (if that is in fact the issue), I care about having a club to support when we get there.

20 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

At some point the admins need to stop buggering about and take a bid forward. If none of the bids are sufficient to avoid a 15 point hit then so be it, pick the best of them and crack on.

Ah, but what if all the bids fail to satisfy some mystery criteria that the EFL demand, rendering taking them forward completely pointless?

One of the EFL's favourite tricks is telling people what they can do / need to do then shifting the goalposts once it's been done.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Are the problems the creditors won't accept the offers or that the EFL are of the opinion that the offers don't match their insolvency policy?

I'd also guess there's a fair amount of "hypothetically, if we said X is our deal, would X incur additional penalties on the club? Because with additional penalties, the offer may be withdrawn by the bidder" emails going around - presumably with replys of "as per our stated policy" - parties hoping to get someone else to commit to something before they make a decision in an endless round of "you show me yours and I'll show you mine" with no one showing anything.

The EFL policy isn’t designed or even consider3d large debt hence why we will get shafted again before they revise it to potentially suit others 

6 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If it's a delay due to our financial situation then someone is telling lies, because the EFL had been given evidence that we can see out the season.

At this point I don't care if we start in League One on -15 (if that is in fact the issue), I care about having a club to support when we get there.

Perhaps other clubs are just thinking that they won't get paid for the tickets ?

1 hour ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.

Socrates (the Greek, not the one who played for Brazil)

But then again very people do know anything and if knowing that you know nothing makes you wise,  what does thinking you know something, when you really don’t, make you!!

Not that wise really. If he knows 1 thing then he obviously can’t by definition, know nothing   . 

20 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

You're probably right, but a bunch of individual 'fan' creditors losing money would not be coinsidered a football debt in the same way as owing thousands to other clubs that we possibly can't repay.....

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It's probably:

The best bid is £Xm which doesn't meet the minimum to meet 25% to unsecured creditors and HMRC and 100% for Mel, MSD, Administrators and football creditors, so 15 point deduction is the likely outcome.
What the papers (EFL) won't know at this stage is if someone such as Mel or the Administrators are willing to take a cut on what they're owed to ensure we don't receive a points deduction.

Why would Quantuma take a reduction in their fee?

A points deduction is of no concern to them whatsoever.

21 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

You're probably right, but a bunch of individual 'fan' creditors losing money would not be coinsidered a football debt in the same way as owing thousands to other clubs that we possibly can't repay.....

Exactly but if Swansea and qpr are potential  football creditors but ordinary punters like us are not then that would support my theory that this could be EFL’s doing. Anyway could just be my imagination    As mick jagger and others have said. 

Let's again try to summarise our position only this time using visual metaphors . The first one depicts where we are right now.

Imagine all the 'good guys' are pulling on the lead and that the dog represents all of the current potential buyers...

giphy.gif

For clarity, here's the same metaphor would look like if the buyers could actually

see some value in the deal and were keen to buy at the prices being quoted...

giphy.gif

And to fix this problem, here's the erstwhile admins trying to persuade Morris (the dog in this case)

to drop the stadium cost and make all these problems go away forever...

giphy.gif

Meanwhile, here's what we're all doing....

giphy.gif

Hope this helps! x

15 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Let's again try to summarise our position only this time using visual metaphors . The first one depicts where we are right now.

Imagine all the 'good guys' are pulling on the lead and that the dog represents all of the current potential buyers...

giphy.gif

For clarity, here's the same metaphor would look like if the buyers could actually

see some value in the deal and were keen to buy at the prices being quoted...

giphy.gif

And to fix this problem, here's the erstwhile admins trying to persuade Morris (the dog in this case)

to drop the stadium cost and make all these problems go away forever...

giphy.gif

Meanwhile, here's what we're all doing....

giphy.gif

Hope this helps! x

About cover it ??‍♂️

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

That's not quite true. We don't know the exact figures, but ball-park figures can be estimated. 18/19, 19/20 and 20/21 aren't pretty ?

17/18 without the stadium is a bit ugly too.

its the exact figures I was on about, some peoples estimation will be close to the mark and other way off

4 hours ago, curb said:

He’s started trawling through old Twitter posts now to show what an awful fan base we are. 
He’s a poisonous troll. 

I don't mind comments as long as they are correct, some of the stuff on other sites (I know we have it on ours) is toss. Also its important to not take an isolated quote and make it the opinion of everyone.

The man needs to calm down, have a look at what he is writing and be more objective. He alone (pop) must see the potential of his words on events when BCFC visit PP. If it does kick off and I hope it doesn't for everyone's sake, then he needs to reflect on his rhetoric and blinkered vision. 

Some of what he says is true, some not, some blinkered and some inflammatory. I had contact from someone from the BCFC site (who I will not name) and they said in reality he is a decent bloke who gets a bit agitated and doesn't see the effect his words have. He said dont worry he has the bee in his bonnet about Stoke now. Pop calm down and concentrate on your own club