·

14h

And you can do one

Quote Tweet

Matt Shillcock

@matty_shilly

· 14h

Replying to @reluctantnicko

So are you saying they haven’t spoken to EFL yet and you know this because you get your info from the EFL?

He blocked me for saying something similar. 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

He must be getting his so called information he keeps dishing out from someone or somewhere.

Some of it is obviously not correct.

I am hoping we hear some concrete news soon. 

Me too. To think this all started off with the elation that we were getting bought by super-rich Arabs all the way down the spiral to where we currently are. I said to Nixon something along the lines of "as soon as any developments occur, will someone from the EFL be on the blower to let you know, Al?" ...and that was enough for the hatchet to fall.

Can anyone remember the days of Derby County Clubcall? An 0898 number that gave you in the ITK info back in the day. If Q wanted a bit of a revenue stream...

Problem is, when things are going well, nobody gives a caca about what the likes of Nixon and Percy have to say. I think there are levels and Percy is marginally above Nixon, debatable I know, but he's a red dog regardless and never fails to push out some kind of unsettling trash before an East Midlands derby. They can both do one.  

It's probably:

The best bid is £Xm which doesn't meet the minimum to meet 25% to unsecured creditors and HMRC and 100% for Mel, MSD, Administrators and football creditors, so 15 point deduction is the likely outcome.
What the papers (EFL) won't know at this stage is if someone such as Mel or the Administrators are willing to take a cut on what they're owed to ensure we don't receive a points deduction.

2 hours ago, Eatonram said:

Aren’t you saying two completely opposite things here?

both as negative as possible. 

If people take it as negative that's not my problem, folks are saying and moaning why the administrators haven't named a preferred bidder yet (maybe the bids haven't been high enough) and that creditors get what they are given so long as the club survives. Whether you like it or not that's not the way administration works. 

Do you wonder why the club hasn't got a new owner by now?.

I get the reservations with what this guy says but what he is suggesting isn't exactly outrageous either is it ? ? I don't believe that the club value to a level-headed business person is worth the debt that it carries. Many of us have said the same on numerous occasions recently. Does that complicate things and even if it goes through make -15 points next year more likely? well yes, I guess it does.

As I say, I don't think he is saying anything too controversial, at worst a re-treading of what has already been said and we already suspect/expect.

3 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

If people take it as negative that's not my problem, folks are saying and moaning why the administrators haven't named a preferred bidder yet (maybe the bids haven't been high enough) and that creditors get what they are given so long as the club survives. Whether you like it or not that's not the way administration works. 

Do you wonder why the club hasn't got a new owner by now?.

No .

They are doing what was planned this week .

We await an answer 

I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.

Socrates (the Greek, not the one who played for Brazil)

But then again very people do know anything and if knowing that you know nothing makes you wise,  what does thinking you know something, when you really don’t, make you!!

I don’t really see why anyone would actually pay enough to clear all the creditors to not get a 15 point deduction. Let’s face it, we’re a football club with only around 6 players contracted to it next season. And it’s unlikely a lot of the current players will re-sign as it’s looking like we will be in div 1 next season. 
I would still take div 1 with minus 15 points though over liquidation which is very unlikely with 4 bids that must be in excess of £30 mil.

2 hours ago, curb said:

He’s started trawling through old Twitter posts now to show what an awful fan base we are. 
He’s a poisonous troll. 

Mostly saying how terrible we are by repeatedly quoting the same stupid Twitter account over and over, as if it represents the entire fan base!

5 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.

Socrates (the Greek, not the one who played for Brazil)

But then again very people do know anything and if knowing that you know nothing makes you wise,  what does thinking you know something, when you really don’t, make you!!

I know f-all about everything and everything about f-all

Me, the Ovine type - definitely NOT the wisest man alive who played for Chippenham Town ?

17 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It's probably:

The best bid is £Xm which doesn't meet the minimum to meet 25% to unsecured creditors and HMRC and 100% for Mel, MSD, Administrators and football creditors, so 15 point deduction is the likely outcome.
What the papers (EFL) won't know at this stage is if someone such as Mel or the Administrators are willing to take a cut on what they're owed to ensure we don't receive a points deduction.

If he really wants the club then I don't know why billionaire Ashley doesn't just agree to take on the stadium and the associated MSD debt.

Loan the club circa £25m at a lower interest rate (or zero interest) than MSD's 10% so that the club can pay off MSD.

Pay the circa £20m that it takes for the club to satisfy the creditors in accordance with their agreements & EFL insolvency law.

27 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It's probably:

It's called brinkmanship.

I may well be getting paranoid but there are still no away tickets for sale either for Swansea or QPR games. The cynic in me thinks this may be EFL trying to put pressure on us to resolve things and telling other clubs not to sell tickets to us. A ticket embargo?  Of course I may be going completely mad. 

10 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

It's called brinkmanship.

I may well be getting paranoid but there are still no away tickets for sale either for Swansea or QPR games. The cynic in me thinks this may be EFL trying to put pressure on us to resolve things and telling other clubs not to sell tickets to us. A ticket embargo?  Of course I may be going completely mad. 

Maybe it's the administrators not putting them on sale because they can see how unlikely it is that we'll actually have a PB....