The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I see a few posters saying similar to this. I must be different, I only regard the Kirchner one as ever being close. I never thought the Fake Sheikh or Alonso ones were legitimate, so when they collapsed, I was unaffected.

I hear ya.

The Erik Alonso and Sheikh Khalid approaches didn’t really draw me in, CK however I’ll admit I thought upon his return this would come to fruition. 

Seems strange that after seemingly sorting the stadium situation out quietly without any fanfare, he has just decided he wants to do the whole thing. 

Really smacks of a genuine fan, dabbling in an area he understood- then watching as the club burned while other people deliberated, time-wasted and played to the audience.  So he has decided to just go the whole hog and sort the sorry state out before its too late.

Very likely he can get investment from AA medium term or get the club on the way back up and sell to a bigger fish like MA to eventually push us to the next stage. 

Seems like good news all-round to me.

Edited by Chester40

I will allow myself to be happy when I know who is responsible for running the football side of things. 
I expect Clowes to be considering how the stadium can be used to greater effect in raising funds.

I also hope he gets feedback on the catering side.

It would be nice to have a food option that wasn’t swimming in grease, a beer that didn’t have such a massive CO2 carbon footprint and a decent cup of tea and coffee.

47 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Wasn't Mel a fan until a poster called him out as rewriting history to say that? 

Anyhow, so I'm sure I used to see DC down Christchurch meadows in the 80s when the nailers were playing.....half-fan! ?

Mel wasn’t a fan like Dave Clowes.

Mel didn’t know football really.  

No disrespect Mel 

I haven't had much to do with David Clowes, but have met a few of the team at his company. They own masses amounts of the city's buildings, especially around the Cathedral Quarter, including Friar Gate Goods Yard, and land around Becket Well.

Having sat on those properties for a long time, since David took over the company, they seem to be pursing a strategy of selling or refurbishing those properties for the good of the city. It's the first time in 40 years or so that work is being done on the Goods Yard for example, whilst they were key to getting Becket Well out of the ground.

I know for a fact David is a massive Derby fan, but he is also very private. I end up at loads of business networking and awards things through my job over the years, and he is very rarely there. He isn't interested in the limelight and his real passion is flying planes. Which makes me think he is intending to do this and do it right - he just wouldn't want the publicity.

I'm also very confident that he won't be involved day to day and will leave this to someone else. That could be Ian Dickinson, could be Garry Cook, could be Stephen Pearce.

22 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Hm ... so Q decided not to consider a bid from billionaire MA, with unquestionable football experience.

They overlooked Applebys consortium, a man with years of experience of managing derby previously. A man who didn't previously leave derby in a huge amount of debt.

Q has once again selected a person with zero experience of managing a football club.

Mm was supposedly a derby fan, who was a local businessman with a lot of money. Yet he left the club in a horrible place.

So now Q send in the clowns, I mean Clowes, is he similar person to MM. On paper it would appear, that way, at least in as much as he's meant to be a fan of derby and is wealthy local.

Like mm he's supposedly a long term fan of derby county. 

I can't understand Q reasoning here.

Surely Appleby or MM would be better owners of derby, than a total unknown.

Actually what am I saying, Q just have to put forward the highest bid as the preferred bidder.

They don't really care if its in the best interests of the fans.

I wonder if Q will face legal action from Appleby of MA on this, only time will tell.

Surely not?

23 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Hm ... so Q decided not to consider a bid from billionaire MA, with unquestionable football experience.

They overlooked Applebys consortium, a man with years of experience of managing derby previously. A man who didn't previously leave derby in a huge amount of debt.

Q has once again selected a person with zero experience of managing a football club.

Mm was supposedly a derby fan, who was a local businessman with a lot of money. Yet he left the club in a horrible place.

So now Q send in the clowns, I mean Clowes, is he similar person to MM. On paper it would appear, that way, at least in as much as he's meant to be a fan of derby and is wealthy local.

Actually what am I saying, Q just have to put forward the highest bid as the preferred bidder.

I wonder if Q will face legal action from Appleby of MA on this, only time will tell.

Quantuma are there is get maximum value for the creditors mate, you live in a fantasy land if you think they care how the club is run after they leave.

43 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Wish I was the man mate .This club is a sleeping giant.  Are you from Blackwood lol ? 

Not quite Blackwood no though I did take the kids to the cinema there last weekend, I live in Caerphilly, though I’m originally from Hull. Condemned to life as a Derby fan as all my extended family are from Derby (parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles etc), I started to show signs of being a glory supporting United fan as a young kid so was promptly dragged along to an evening game at the Baseball Ground, can’t remember who the opposition were sadly, and the rest is history.

22 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Are you seriously moaning about someone who is prepared to invest their own money and save our club? 

Do you think he might have been the one that put forward the best bid?

10 minutes ago, Oldben said:

You probably can’t understand Q’s reasoning because you, like the rest of us, are not in possession of all the facts.

How do you know they didn’t consider (and the reject) MA’s offer? 
Did they overlook AA’s or did they just consider Clowes the best offer for the creditors? (It’s not a case that they don’t care about what is in the best interests of the fans, it is their legal obligation to get the best deal for creditors. If this conflicts with the fans interests then, sadly, creditors interests have to take precedence).

AA or MA may well, due to their experience, be the better bet for the long term future of the club but we simply don’t know. Q have to get the best return for creditors now (or over the next three years) and not speculate on which new owner would be the best for the club in the long term. 

Finally, surely they only risk legal action from AA or MA if they could prove their bids represented a better return for creditors which, seems unlikely if they accept Clowes. 

25 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Newcastle fans hated Ashley. 
Spoke to one yesterday and I said Ashley might be a last resort. That said unprompted oh no you don’t want him. 
As for Appleby well he obviously has been having difficulty financing a deal. 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Newcastle fans hated Ashley. 
Spoke to one yesterday and I said Ashley might be a last resort. That said unprompted oh no you don’t want him. 
As for Appleby well he obviously has been having difficulty financing a deal. 

Lol. How many of our recent owners have successfully passed the club on? The Newcastle fans should have thought themselves lucky they weren't sold on to a fake sheik! ?

I hope Clowes can sort our club out. 

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Not quite Blackwood no though I did take the kids to the cinema there last weekend, I live in Caerphilly, though I’m originally from Hull. Condemned to life as a Derby fan as all my extended family are from Derby (parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles etc), I started to show signs of being a glory supporting United fan as a young kid so was promptly dragged along to an evening game at the Baseball Ground, can’t remember who the opposition were sadly, and the rest is history.

My wife is from Grimsby.  

Her family are happy the Mariners got promoted 

Great you support Derby mate 

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. How many of our recent owners have successfully passed the club on? The Newcastle fans should have thought themselves lucky they weren't sold on to a fake sheik! ?

I hope Clowes can sort our club out. 

I mean mate no smoke without fire.  That didn’t like him. He said he got them relegated but he did get them back up. 
They won’t entertain any praise for him. 

13 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

I haven't had much to do with David Clowes, but have met a few of the team at his company. They own masses amounts of the city's buildings, especially around the Cathedral Quarter, including Friar Gate Goods Yard, and land around Becket Well.

Having sat on those properties for a long time, since David took over the company, they seem to be pursing a strategy of selling or refurbishing those properties for the good of the city. It's the first time in 40 years or so that work is being done on the Goods Yard for example, whilst they were key to getting Becket Well out of the ground.

I know for a fact David is a massive Derby fan, but he is also very private. I end up at loads of business networking and awards things through my job over the years, and he is very rarely there. He isn't interested in the limelight and his real passion is flying planes. Which makes me think he is intending to do this and do it right - he just wouldn't want the publicity.

I'm also very confident that he won't be involved day to day and will leave this to someone else. That could be Ian Dickinson, could be Garry Cook, could be Stephen Pearce.

Hs is a North Stand Season Ticket Holder. Not a Corporate Box, Not a Directors Box, Not a West Stand ticket holder - he sits in the North Stand despite his wealth.

That shows me everything I need to know about him. It's not about fame or limelight unlike others.