The Administration Thread

Boycie

46 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

What a mad couple of days.

I do think we will find out a lot tomorrow, honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see a takeover happen by the end of the week with the increased pressure from all corners. 

I really hope there is an inquest into the past 12-18 months, because I'm sure there has been things going on that we simply wouldn't be able to fathom. It still baffles me as to how Mel Morris was able to buy a stadium for £80m, but never transfer any funds to the club at all - as far as I understand it was simply an accounting transaction, but in reality we received no money and lost a stadium. We know he's been a bit underhand for a long time as our 'custodian' but I want all the skeletons. 

The money may not have directly been paid into the club, but MM still put that money in to cover losses.

Iirc, MM didnt put a single penny into the club beyond that £80m from 2017 onwards. It would have covered cash losses in 17/18, 18/19 and most of 19/20. The debt started to build from around that point.

It ties in with the belief of MM first wanting out sometime in 2018, the decision to u-turn and appoint Lampard for the publicity and making one last push for promotion. £80m being all he was willing to put in until he could find someone to sell to. He was close at the end of 2019 and early 2020... until we were charged by the EFL for failing P&S.

5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

All the press releases are hot air and bluster. Deal will be completed by 1pm tomorrow. CK will own the club. 

Got a lot of respect for you as top quality contributer to the forum. Hope you are ITK and very much hope you are correct.

2 hours ago, Hanny said:

Ostensibly the floor price is set by CKs accepted bid by all parties. 

So:

1. CKs funds clear and he owns the club.

2. Someone else outbids him, and they own the club. 

that’s really it. Since his funds have been proven and amounts to be paid agreed. There is no offer below CKs ‘floor’ price that is currently acceptable. 

But the floor price isn’t set UNTIL those funds clear. .. right now there isn’t a floor price. “Ostensibly” doesn’t cut it. You maybe right intheory, but but theory only becomes established fact when CK’s cash is available .. right now, it isn’t.  That’s it. 

1 minute ago, jono said:

But the floor price isn’t set UNTIL those funds clear. .. right now there isn’t a floor price. “Ostensibly” doesn’t cut it. You maybe right intheory, but but theory only becomes established fact when CK’s cash is available .. right now, it isn’t.  That’s it. 

@Mostyn6 has spoken. 

The deal will be done by 1 pm tomorrow, and we'll be drinking ? all afternoon to celebrate, or at least I will be. 

It might not be announced at 1 pm, but it will be done.

9 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

All the press releases are hot air and bluster. Deal will be completed by 1pm tomorrow. CK will own the club. 

Over the last few days I have seriously begun to doubt if CK has sent (or even tried to send) the money. I have struggled to believe this AML story or the “European Clearing Bank” claim but, I’ll be delighted (and relieved) if you’re right. 

22 minutes ago, Loughborough Ram said:

Bit of a stupid comment!

There isn't a Derby fan alive who doesn't blame Mel Morris, but at the same time the EFL have acted appallingly.

If you can't see that then there's no point trying to explain

I wouldn't take seriously any poster with Red in their name.

22 minutes ago, jono said:

I don’t quite understand your position here. 

I’m saying the contracts signed by all parties have set the floor. Because it’s all agreed upon. So, yes, the floor has been ostensibly set because all parties have agreed. 

The floor is not set when the funds clear. When the funds clear- CK owns the club. That’s the last step in completing the contract. It’s over- no discussions or offers can be made. Done.

Edited by Hanny
Clarity