The Administration Thread

Boycie

9 hours ago, CBX1985 said:

Doubt it.  He will accept points deduction, and decimate creditors (except Q and HMRC).

All about pushing to the wire.  The club has everything to lose, but so do the creditors.  MA has nothing to lose, so him wanting us a little works in our favour from a negotiating position - he can be nonchalant, whilst they will want paying.

The figures don't make sense unless HMRC are also squeezed. Without them, the difference between 10% and 25% to the unsecured creditors is less than £1m - which no one is going to take -15 for.

26 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I would interpret it that EFL do not believe that CK's money will arrive. 

I would interpret it that the EFL have no clue if CK'c money will arrive or not but they want a resolution quickly because they have a league to organise and Derby need to prove funding to complete the fixtures.

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

No, that's not what I have said, read my posts again. My point is that Ashley is looking to pay the creditors a lot less than CK has said he will.......

I think we're reaching one in the hand or two in the bush decision territory........ 1 real, tangible, available MA pound is better than 2 unavailable CK ones.

Presume RIck Parry will be spelling that out to Q today and letting them know THE deadline.

40 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

No way will Ashley pay creditors 90% (haha)

Yes decimate is hardly ever used correctly. Shall we have a Roman pun fest? 

Anyway from last night Nixon posted this about the increasing MSD debt, and had previously posted about the debt (to them?) being £30m - is this accounted for in the current bid?

13 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

No, that's not what I have said, read my posts again. My point is that Ashley is looking to pay the creditors a lot less than CK has said he will.......

Wasn’t quoting you directly just some posts I’ve seen on here at times , I absolutely feel for the creditors being shafted but that’s not on derby county it’s on one man who briefly used them as a gambling vehicle for the prem riches thinking it was an easy good odds gamble at a time we were in decent shape and had just missed out and it’s not on any buyer who comes in 

30 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

As for the EFL statement yesterday, trying to decipher EFL speak is always challenging let alone when hungover from a wedding the night before!! Once I did, through all the bluster and rhetoric I actually think it’s a positive move and puts badly needed pressure on Q who are looking more incompetent by the day.

Putting pressure on only makes sense if you believe that Quantuma are deliberately delaying the process for some reason. If (as I certainly believe is more likely) they are basically stuck in the middle between other peoples messes, people being unable to deliver on their commitments and borderline impossible mathematics, then another cook stirring the pot is not going to do anything to improve matters.

15 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

because Mike Ashley has done what to Derby fans?

So far he has made a lot of noise for several months but as recently as early May had only come up with an offer that would not even allow us to keep League status. Then he has started playing the media to his agenda, complaining about q not talking to him despite him knowing that there was an exclusivity period until last week. 

Not great for someone who doesn’t exactly come with a great reputation with the fans at his previous club. 

15 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

Mike Ashley getting bad press by some Derby fans for precisely what?

If he doesn't pay enough to avoid point deductions, maybe its because the club wasn't worth that amount thanks to the state Mel Morris left it in?

See my post below. Plus even if Ck does drop out I doubt Ashley will be the best bid. 

14 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

Mike Ashley getting bad press by some Derby fans for precisely what?

If he doesn't pay enough to avoid point deductions, maybe its because the club wasn't worth that amount thanks to the state Mel Morris left it in?

The club is worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. If it means paying more to avoid a 15 deduction then someone may pay more if the person taking on the club are happy to start on -15 then that’s what they will pay.

3 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Putting pressure on only makes sense if you believe that Quantuma are deliberately delaying the process for some reason. If (as I certainly believe is more likely) they are basically stuck in the middle between other peoples messes, people being unable to deliver on their commitments and borderline impossible mathematics, then another cook stirring the pot is not going to do anything to improve matters.

I certainly think "Quantuma were placed under pressure by the EFL to recommend to creditors a settlement which was less than previously agreed" might be showing up in a future statement.

28 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

The figures don't make sense unless HMRC are also squeezed. Without them, the difference between 10% and 25% to the unsecured creditors is less than £1m - which no one is going to take -15 for.

Would you bet your life savings on that? Been told many times that a successful businessman won't pay a penny more than they need to to acquire an asset, so why is 'just under £1m' a line?

The scale of penny pinching we're talking about here already is roughly the equivalent of me refusing to buy a PS5 game at £69.99 with free next day (Sat/Sun included) delivery from Amazon because I can get it for a  £65, with £1.99 delivery and an estimated delivery between 3-5 working days from another online store. 

I did say rough!

Edited by Coconut's Beard

58 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

My mistake, thought he was a creditor through loans who was essentially waiving his right to what he was owed, as without it he'd make no money from the stadium.

That appears to be how he has painted it to media. 

Unfortunately for him the Administrators Statement of Affairs shows it is not the case.

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

So far he has made a lot of noise for several months but as recently as early May had only come up with an offer that would not even allow us to keep League status. Then he has started playing the media to his agenda, complaining about q not talking to him despite him knowing that there was an exclusivity period until last week. 

Not great for someone who doesn’t exactly come with a great reputation with the fans at his previous club. 

But he said he had £28m sat in an account. He didn’t say what that was for but if you included £20m for the ground it isn’t that much. 

Mike Ashley has been the one for me throughout.

He isn't the most likeable, I'm not sure I fancy Sports Direct being plastered all over the stadium and I wonder how the academy will look under his tenure, but let's be honest, he is the best option out of the people we know of.

Kirchner hasn't got off to the best of starts andAppleby wants to buy Derby but is busy ringing people looking for backers. Steve Morgan would be good, assuming he is actually interested.

If Ashley unites the club and ground and invests in the playing squad, that's the best we can hope for.

If nothing else, Ashley creates a club that is again attractive and sellable.