The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Ignore him B4.  One chop is a glass half empty type of person.  We will not be liquidated as, has been shown, there’s lots of interest.  CK may still complete if he gets there first.  Don’t worry, you’ll be watching DCFC come August!!

Even so

For me for that to happen just about destroy me.

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

It is alright just cant to bare to lose our derby county. The pain I am in derby is the reason I keep fighting the pain and very thing that gets me up at the weekend and during the week.

How old are you B4 ?

@B4ev6is,

38 you would of missed out on the stress of the early 80s. And more than likely the green shoots of the mid 80s. 

It got better after that. Its been up and down since then, the Jim Smith years were a blast, not seen since the Arthur Cox year's. If we survive as a club age is on your side and you will see the good times again. Chin up.

Edited by one_chop

26 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

In theory you’re correct

in practice, Roy has a point. How do you demonstrate what Q’s motives were?, they will paper every decision very carefully.  And if you look at the unsecured creditor list, do you really think any of them will chuck good money after bad to challenge Q’s conduct ? 

Yep HMRC 

2 minutes ago, one_chop said:

@B4ev6is,

38 you would of missed out on the stress of the early 80s. And more than likely the green shoots of the mid 80s. 

It got better after that. Its been up and down since then, the Jim Smith years were a blast, not seen since the Arthur Cox year's. If we survive as a club age is on your side and you will see the good times again. Chin up.

I will always jim smith era at the club and players that played for derby with pride just like last season.

But please dont worry about me okay just need derby to carry on.

12 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Ignore him B4.  One chop is a glass half empty type of person.  We will not be liquidated as, has been shown, there’s lots of interest.  CK may still complete if he gets there first.  Don’t worry, you’ll be watching DCFC come August!!

Trying to maintain a positive outlook is commendable but there's not much point pretending there's little or no possibility of us being liquidated just because we don't want it to happen. I think it's called 'motivated reasoning'?A successful transfer to new owners is still probably the most likely outcome, given the number of interested parties still in the mix, but the longer this drags on the more likely liquidation gets because the effective purchase cost is going up (more loans, more interest etc) and the value of what's being purchased is going down (players leaving, less of a window to recruit to mount a serious challenge next season etc)

I don't personally think the new owner will be Kirchner now but the fact that other parties are still potentially interested provides some grounds for cautious optimism.

I can't see what will change for CK to push his deal over the line now.

What was Applebys package? surely what was better for the creditors than the reported 28 million MA would invest including PP. It will ve interesting to see if the Morgan rumours are true, as he certainly has the money.

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

It basically balls down to a simple point.  is it a legitimate going concern to keep it going at an expense of a few hundred thousand a month with a number of 17 year olds playing or is that money that could be paid out to creditors as there is no chance of a future.  Better to get in the season ticket and sponsorship money to pay there fees and repay short term loans from this season,  sell any under contract assets to reduce creditor costs and drag it on for another season possibly selling any youngsters who look promising in the first team in January.   The most likely scenario.  Lots of cut price selling and loans for the season with fees for knight, Bird, Cashin, Bielik.  All those without contracts out the door.  Rooneys wage gone and academy team and coaches as the first team.  The only way to fulfil fixtures for next year as it stands. Two weeks to get this sorted.  The parameters are much in place but start fiddling with it and two weeks is nowhere near enough. 

It is not a case of "fiddling with it", if MA makes an offer to the creditors which is lower than that accepted under CK's offer then the administrators are legally bound to go back to the creditors to see if they will accept it. Whoever,if it comes to it, will not get a new deal over the line in a matter of days unless it is the same offer to the creditors as CK's.

8 minutes ago, S8TY said:

I will be dissapointed if CK doesn't get it over the line as he's shown that he really wants to buy us plus having Gary Cook involved was a major plus with his contacts etc

Me too, though we shouldn't get too attached to any potential owner. I'm just glad it seems we have multiple credible options, plenty of clubs wouldn't.