The Administration Thread

Boycie

43 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

“This is the most complex, high-stakes football transaction that we have advised on, with the separation of the ownership of Pride Park from the club one of a number of issues to navigate in structuring the deal” they say having dealt with 26 football club deals in the last 20 years. Those still wanting to give Quantuma a kicking should take note that Morris left one hell of a mess for them to resolve. 8/9 months to resolve would be pretty quick too for a football club administration to be concluded.

No one will claim that it’s simple but we shouldn’t get too carried away by a law firm’s marketing materials ? 

36 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Its a bit contradictory as it starts "is advising" and then rest is past tense!

I did notice that and I wondered if SPBs part in the deal had ended but the writer knew that the success of the entire deal was conditional on the securing of Pride Park for the club.

The message does seem to validate what CK and others have been saying.

3 hours ago, jono said:

If you were writing something down, that would presuppose the failed company that used the existing book values still existed. Once we exit admin as I see it, it won’t exist .
Barring a deal to pay specific creditors, any previous book values are meaningless. CK has bought a club. The value of its contracted players will be a clean estimate based on todays values and the price he paid for the club as a whole. Any future depreciation will be based on those new values. Past values will play no part from an accountancy pov .. or at least that’s what logic tells me. ? Any FRCA’s care to clarify what happens to asset values when a co has been bought out of receivership  ? 

Nobody knows the exact structure of the deal but I am assuming that CK9 will be buying the share capital of The Derby County Football Club Limited, who will then resume trading as normal.

Just my take on it and have nothing to back it up.

7 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

No one will claim that it’s simple but we shouldn’t get too carried away by a law firm’s marketing materials ? 

Thanks Kevin, you are right of course and I wish I had your common sense. I was in very real danger of getting completely carried away. I think my emotions are now in check.

Face Flirt GIF

5 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Can some derby fans let some forest coaches going to wembly oh dear we got flat tyres sorry fans your not going now. Forest players run out to empty forest end.

Kills me to say it but they deserve to go up. 

Let the fans enjoy there day. 

Let's hope they get 10 points and beat our record 

39 minutes ago, RYRAM said:

100%

I have never lived in Derby or Nottingham and don't know any forest fans at all. I don't have all the "banter" on a daily basis or the dislike thst many of our fan base have.

They do deserve their day at Wembley. They have had a superb season. One to be proud of. Have probably the best young player in the league, some very good loan signings and a manager who I think will go to the top-level.

Does it pain me to say that? No, because I think even the most one eyed of us have to reluctantly say its true.

The league table does not lie.

Forest are on the cusp of the "dream" we chased in the wrong way and are now paying the price for. Will they do it? I think they might.

8 minutes ago, KBB said:

100%

I have never lived in Derby or Nottingham and don't know any forest fans at all. I don't have all the "banter" on a daily basis or the dislike thst many of our fan base have.

They do deserve their day at Wembley. They have had a superb season. One to be proud of. Have probably the best young player in the league, some very good loan signings and a manager who I think will go to the top-level.

Does it pain me to say that? No, because I think even the most one eyed of us have to reluctantly say its true.

Forest are on the cusp of the "dream" we chased in the wrong way and are now paying the price for. Will they do it? I think they might.

Not sure the "right way" is having an owner who owns another club, so you can transfer players easily between the two to get round spending rules. Seems at least as dodgy than modifying you amortisation methodology. 

It seems even more dodgy when your owner has been involved in multiple criminal controversies. Morris has rightly been in the spotlight with us going into admin. But their crook of an owner is ignored then they are doing well?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evangelos_Marinakis

1 hour ago, RYRAM said:

It's irrelevant if they deserve to go up. We deserved to go up in 2014. We didn't deserve to be relegated this year. But that's football for you.

I hope they enjoy their day out, up until Duane Holmes scores an 89th minute winner for Huddersfield.

And just to get back (slightly) on topic, it frustrates me that we've suffered so much from the EFL for our creative accounting practices, yet no one seems to care about theirs.

19 minutes ago, KBB said:

100%

Almost agree with that except one part, they will be added to the list of those who chased it the wrong way and got away with it. They have spent an absolute fortune, their wage bill is £30m+ they were one of the only clubs signing players for cash during Covid, where they have done it right is selling academy players to stay out of FFP trouble. If they don’t go up, they’ll sell Johnson for big money to stay right side of the line, although I would be interested in the transfer fees they received from Olympiacos for Silva and Carvalho in recent years and how that affected their FFP. 

They’ve had a decent season Cooper has done a great job to get them where they are but they haven’t or won’t achieve any miracle if they do up. They have one of the biggest budgets in the league and they have massively underperformed the last two seasons, they’ve been horrendous considering what their budget is.

29 minutes ago, KBB said:

100%

100% no.

I don’t give a monkey’s if they deserve it in fact I really hope the suffer the heartbreak we have at Wembley. Let them have their day out but for me I really hope it ends in disaster and that the bridge across the M1 at j24 is full of Rams fans pointing and laughing at the gumps as they cry their way home.

12 minutes ago, Crazy said:

It's irrelevant if they deserve to go up. We deserved to go up in 2014. We didn't deserve to be relegated this year. But that's football for you.

I hope they enjoy their day out, up until Duane Holmes scores an 89th minute winner for Huddersfield.

And just to get back (slightly) on topic, it frustrates me that we've suffered so much from the EFL for our creative accounting practices, yet no one seems to care about theirs.

Ah but didnt Boro finish 7th? We know what happens then? I am sure Mr Gibson the football paragon and expert Mr Maguire will be all over any dodgy practice in the top 6 teams highlighting it for their own good. And the EFL.  
What's that you say such witch-hunts and vindictiveness only apply to Derby? Yes indeed. 

1 minute ago, Taribo said:

I’d obviously love Notts Forest to bottle it again, but to be fair if they’re going to go up any season I’d probably pick this one, we won’t play them next season regardless of their result but the season after (I’m praying!), it’ll be all the more sweeter when we smash them twice over. 

They will then have parachute payments and join the yo-yos

36 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Not sure the "right way" is having an owner who owns another club, so you can transfer players easily between the two to get round spending rules. Seems at least as dodgy than modifying you amortisation methodology. 

It seems even more dodgy when your owner has been involved in multiple criminal controversies. Morris has rightly been in the spotlight with us going into admin. But their crook of an owner is ignored then they are doing well?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evangelos_Marinakis

I'm not sure there is a club that has gone up in the last 10 years doing it the 'right' way? The only clubs that get found out for doing it the 'wrong' way though are those that don't make it! Football is nuts....

59 minutes ago, KBB said:

100%

I agree with you about Johnson. But he was the only difference between us when Forest beat us. And I think all season someone like him was all we needed and maybe a fit striker. If we had Johnson and hadn’t had 21points deducted. Plus extras from dodgy refs we would have been in the play offs too. 

10 hours ago, IncredibleKoosh said:

Think it may even have been down to under 18k when it closed

:edit: Just checked, was actually 18.3k

:edit 2: Or maybe not:

"After the Taylor Report was published, the stadium was slowly converted to become all-seater from terracing. Consequently, its capacity dropped to 17,451 in the 1995–96 season"

I'd forgotten about that.

I remember gas meters and under pitch heating pipes having to be altered to allow fixings and comply with regulations 

3 minutes ago, JJs dms said:

Can we go back to baffling fact figures and theories please and leave that lot out of it please 

Ok

I had read the Q statement as indicating 31/5 was a target date for closing. EFL’s latest indicates it’s more of a drop dead date. Don’t know if that’s significant but may be they are putting a deadline on MM to avoid further slippage ? The other odd detail is that they talk about an ‘asset purchase agreement’, suggesting he’s acquiring a business not shares which seems unlikely.  CK has been referring to a share purchase agreement. 

maybe we should get back to Forest 

1 hour ago, KBB said:

100%

If the league table does not lie then surely it is Huddersfield that deserve to go up as they finished ahead of Forest?