The Administration Thread

Boycie

9 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I have no doubts that this is Liverpool taking advantage of the situation and expect us to thank them for them for doing it.

Yep and their supporters are taking much joy in it. 

Great move from Liverpool, Derby in financial difficulties and desperately needed the money now, Liverpool will sell the kid for millions in the future and Derby won’t get a washer

Another smart move. Proper baller right here. Club's future looking increasingly sorted.

Watch Liverpool gonna sell Gordon to Bournemouth for £25M in 2024

1 hour ago, Sinistra ram rousse said:

Are the administrators accountable to anybody? On the face of it they do seem to be getting a very large sum of money for achieving very little. Appointed by MM accountable to MM?

They are accountable to the courts, they are officers of the court and bound by strict regulations.

17 minutes ago, nottingram said:

He and Lawrence’s night out seems to have got a bit out of hand

I posted the other day that I was doubtful about this deal being finalised and the night out with footballers doesn’t increase my belief that it will happen , just seems like a bit of fun and games for those at the top of all this , ego s ( mel) and hi jinx from prospective buyer , it’s just not a good look 

3 minutes ago, Archied said:

I posted the other day that I was doubtful about this deal being finalised and the night out with footballers doesn’t increase my belief that it will happen , just seems like a bit of fun and games for those at the top of all this , ego s ( mel) and hi jinx from prospective buyer , it’s just not a good look 

It is what it is. It’s a high pressure situation for a lot of people involved who at times will need a release.

Fans have been starved of interaction and communication for a while. At the moment I find Kirchner’s approach refreshing and I believe him when he says he would not have invested what he has so far if he didn’t think it would work. But I can see it is not for everyone and I dare say if he was on the verge of taking over Forest I would see it differently.

5 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

A right load on nonsense being posted about CK having a night out. So what - hadn't he been up until 3am on Thursday or Friday night in discussions with Rooney and maybe felt it was time to chill out.

Big deal!

People expect him to live in a cage but also expect him to clear all our debts and purchase a stadium. The guy is doing all he can to save our club and certain people will still pick fault. 

I wish I was in the same out because I’d have got the round in. 

56 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Hard to keep up with the forum, but my reading is Kirchner doesn't have the money and his plan was for Mel to pay off MSD and gift him the stadium. Or, failing that, for Mel to pay off MSD and the Council to buy the stadium in order to lease it to us. Neither seems very likely. There seem an awful lot of questions and some will likely have been covered in the previous ~1500 pages, but can someone summarize:

1) Where does Moor Farm fit into all of this? Isn't there also separate ownership and a "charge" against that?

2) Who is now funding the club? Are Quantuma borrowing more money from MSD to pay the players, or do we miraculously have income from elsewhere, or will we see our suspended points deduction enacted by the EFL as we default on salaries? 

3) Presumably Kirchner's preferred bidder status has now officially lapsed. Where does that leave us? [Given there was seemingly no plan for the stadium you'd guess Kirchner's was the only actual bid, and the Admins took it in hope?]

4) If the Admins default on the debt to MSD (as there seems no means we can't pay it) does that mean Mel is forced to pay them off instead, or else he loses his shiny stadium?

Cheers!

I'll give this a stab...

1) Last on this was that CK and WR had apparently met the landlord for Moor Farm (as mentioned in the pre-Cardiff presser). Moor Farm is leasehold, and AFAIK the lease will be included in the sale with the charge attached, as it is listed as being part of 'The Derby County Football Club Limited' rather than Mel's other company.

2) Supposedly CK was to be funding the club as of Saturday, whether this has changed as a result of the weekend, I'm not sure. If the deal falls through then he will be classed as a creditor.

3) I don't believe there's any difference, other than MA (or A N Other) can now come in with an offer.

4) If the admins (i.e. the club) fail to pay MSD, presumably as a result of liquidation, then the floating charge is attached to PPS and the company that owns it (Mel). 

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Hard to keep up with the forum, but my reading is Kirchner doesn't have the money and his plan was for Mel to pay off MSD and gift him the stadium. Or, failing that, for Mel to pay off MSD and the Council to buy the stadium in order to lease it to us. Neither seems very likely. There seem an awful lot of questions and some will likely have been covered in the previous ~1500 pages, but can someone summarize:

1) Where does Moor Farm fit into all of this? Isn't there also separate ownership and a "charge" against that?

2) Who is now funding the club? Are Quantuma borrowing more money from MSD to pay the players, or do we miraculously have income from elsewhere, or will we see our suspended points deduction enacted by the EFL as we default on salaries? 

3) Presumably Kirchner's preferred bidder status has now officially lapsed. Where does that leave us? [Given there was seemingly no plan for the stadium you'd guess Kirchner's was the only actual bid, and the Admins took it in hope?]

4) If the Admins default on the debt to MSD (as there seems no means we can't pay it) does that mean Mel is forced to pay them off instead, or else he loses his shiny stadium?

Cheers!

To answer point 2, we now have the Kaide Gordon money to keep us on life support for 2 weeks in the hope of getting a deal over the line. Really desperate times. What happens when that's run out? I don't see any other rabbits being pulled from a hat. 

7 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

A right load on nonsense being posted about CK having a night out. So what - hadn't he been up until 3am on Thursday or Friday night in discussions with Rooney and maybe felt it was time to chill out.

Big deal!

Guy just wanted to wind down after a pretty stressful time, I don't really begrudge him that. At least he is here getting involved and not just some foreign owner wanting an asset from afar. 

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

To answer point 2, we now have the Kaide Gordon money to keep us on life support for 2 weeks in the hope of getting a deal over the line. Really desperate times. What happens when that's run out? I don't see any other rabbits being pulled from a hat. 

THE STATE WE ARE NOW REDUCED TO -

'Ground sharing' - REALLY?

No pop at @Carl Sagan, he is a clever bloke, just reflecting on what a good poster is saying on here -

we now have the Kaide Gordon money to keep us on life support for 2 weeks in the hope of getting a deal over the line.' - REALLY?

Appalling.

16 minutes ago, nottingram said:

It is what it is. It’s a high pressure situation for a lot of people involved who at times will need a release.

Fans have been starved of interaction and communication for a while. At the moment I find Kirchner’s approach refreshing and I believe him when he says he would not have invested what he has so far if he didn’t think it would work. But I can see it is not for everyone and I dare say if he was on the verge of taking over Forest I would see it differently.

Can't wait for the Fans Forums and the 'free scarves'! Can't see much difference in the behaviour of CK or early MM tbh.

Not impressed with the clubbing when he's got an early meeting next day. But that's his choice of how he is seen.

20 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Big deal!

After days of big stakes meetings being frustraited blowing off a bit of steam is understandale. It's not like him and his team are unfamilier with the positions, documents, barriers and needed the evening to prep. They're all only human.