The Administration Thread

Boycie

29 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yes. His motivation was clearly to get us to the PL.  He cocked it all up spectacularly, he can be called to account for gross incompetence. But this vilification of him as some sort of malicious Satan figure is bordering on the comical. Since ‘pulling the plug’ he sorted out Gibbo, and he is on the brink of sorting out MSD (for the benefit of CK, who is in bed with Stretford and Rooney, whom he detests !).  He is human and doubtless damaged by all of this as much as any of us would be. Let’s move on and focus on the next chapter 

I agree with you. Mel has made some pretty awful decisions but I do believe his intentions were to get the club promoted.

So, albeit his actions have led to the club now being on the brink of ceasing to exist, in any crime, you do have to look at the motive.

I don't think enough of us are doing that.

Similarly, most of us agree with Mel's stance against the EFL and parachute payments.

You're also right that he did resolve the issue with Gibson. Albeit late in the day.

I do hope that, regardless of his feelings towards Rooney - or even Kirchner - he looks at the bigger picture and removes the final obstacle that's preventing survival of Derby County.

15 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

CK was pretty impressive in his meeting with Amanda S. At least I thought so. His ranting against MM is (was) heavily coloured by the prevailing mood amongst supporters and the powerful Rooney/Stretford PR machine. There’s every chance that when their meeting finishes they will have a lot more respect for each other than when it began - neither of them is foolish. Let’s see. I’m optimistic 

I do find CK impressive. I feel his approach is refreshing. It would be great to see how things would work out next season under CK and Rooney, so I am desperate for his bid to succeed. Well, of course, we're all desperate for a bid, any bid, to succeed so the club survives.

But I mean I think CK would be good for us.

I do hope Mel paves the way.

And that, if he does, then the hatred recedes. We need to move on.

One thing we can agree on… duck Mel Morris. We need to sing it at every match home and away.

he only bought us for his ego, he doesn’t care about any of us or the team, he bought us as a toy.

the only thing we can do to hurt him like he’s hurt us is to tarnish his name. 

every single game from Now on ‘duck Mel Morris’ needs to be sang. What a cretin he is! That’s being nice, if I said what i truly felt about the ‘man’ I’d be banned. 

14 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

One thing we can agree on… duck Mel Morris. We need to sing it at every match home and away.

he only bought us for his ego, he doesn’t care about any of us or the team, he bought us as a toy.

every single game from Now on ‘duck Mel Morris’ needs to be sang. What a cretin he is! That’s being nice, if I said what i truly felt about the ‘man’ I’d be banned. 

Once this has all been sorted out (and it will be sorted out), then what will continuing to sing about him achieve? I don't think it will 'tarnish his name' , not least because his name is pretty tarnished already amongst people who will care. Outside the football world, nobody will either know about or care about a few chants.  It will be best to move on, forget this sorry little period and look to a hopefully brighter future.

Why I consider Morris worse than our other bad owners?

the deception of us fans , he came in proclaiming a love of our club , he came in as one of our own ,we accepted him and sang the songs massaging his ego , if he came in honest and wanting to make money by getting a club/team on the verge of promotion to prem actually into the prem to make money but ducked it all up then fair do s he’s an owner I dislike but he is beyond that for me ,

you want the acceptance and adulation Morris did then it cuts both ways 

18 minutes ago, Archied said:

Why I consider Morris worse than our other bad owners?

the deception of us fans , he came in proclaiming a love of our club , he came in as one of our own ,we accepted him and sang the songs massaging his ego , if he came in honest and wanting to make money by getting a club/team on the verge of promotion to prem actually into the prem to make money but ducked it all up then fair do s he’s an owner I dislike but he is beyond that for me ,

you want the acceptance and adulation Morris did then it cuts both ways 

This.

The failure I had no problem with.

The money spent in chasing the dream I had no problem with.

It all turned sour when he started lying to the fans.

The Nunsfield House forum around January or February 2019 sticks in the memory. Not a single mention of the fact that he had taken the ground out of the club some 7 or 8 months earlier.

I hindsight, the Moor Farm breakfast club should have been where alarm bells started ringing. That was where it really should have become apparent that it was a one man crusade and nobody would ever be able to convince him that anything he ever did was wrong.

I just Hope something gets sorted out. I don’t know the ins and outs of it all but I am certain MM didn’t account for a pandemic in his business model but then you could argue neither did any other club. A lot of teams must have lost a lot of money. 
Hopefully things can get sorted and we can move on to the next chapter. 
Hopefully we will spot the dangers in future.

7 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Sadly B4 Mel doesn’t care about anyone but himself. He’s had plenty of chances to do the right thing but still continues to be a Bamford!

I for one look forward to the day his name is never uttered again! 

a man we believed in and trusted has truly screwed us over and for what?! 

I despise that man with everything 

7 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

f7235e866105fb784aa79dd00b59f11f.gif

9 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yes. His motivation was clearly to get us to the PL.  He cocked it all up spectacularly, he can be called to account for gross incompetence. But this vilification of him as some sort of malicious Satan figure is bordering on the comical. Since ‘pulling the plug’ he sorted out Gibbo, and he is on the brink of sorting out MSD (for the benefit of CK, who is in bed with Stretford and Rooney, whom he detests !).  He is human and doubtless damaged by all of this as much as any of us would be. Let’s move on and focus on the next chapter 

How can we move on exactly right now? And he could have done both of those actions months ago before we were torn apart as a club if he can do them now

So, the most important brakfast in DCFC history since "Sausagegate".

Now, I think CK looks like a proper fry up kinda guy.

Will a lack of high fat offal tubes be the stumbling block to saving our beloved club, or will Mel End (sorry, whoever was first with that, i'm using it from now on) see reason, gently sizzle the bangers on a lowish heat for 20 minutes and do a deal for Pride Park and let us be, or, is he goign to be a Gibson about it?

24 minutes ago, derby8 said:

Rumours of Mike Ashley interest in Birmingham City takeover c£34m with a further £3-5m for stadium repairs.

I`ve never believed that he was a serious contender to buy Derby. We all know his Business model in terms of buying something cheaply and turning into profit with minimal investment.

The huge pile of sh*t created by MM rules that out, as the cost is just too high for what he would get for the money to fit with his model. Relegation just put the final nail in the coffin IMO as the risk V reward dramatically increased the risk side of things.

23 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I’m looking forward to the day Derby fans stop posting foul mouth rants against Mel Morris on Twitter and sitting back soaking up the likes. We all know what he’s done and how we feel about it, but I’m bored as hell of those tweets. 

And the people who are doing it aren't the sharpest tools in the box - How do you persuade someone who you entirely depend on but have no real leverage with to 'do the right thing'? That's right, abuse them, send them death threats, propose chants against them, suggest we meet outside their house etc.... It's puerile and entirely counter productive.

2 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

And the people who are doing it aren't the sharpest tools in the box - How do you persuade someone who you entirely depend on but have no real leverage with to 'do the right thing'? That's right, abuse them, send them death threats, propose chants against them, suggest we meet outside their house etc.... It's puerile and entirely counter productive.

Quite.