The Administration Thread

Boycie

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

Today, Mel Morris had within his gift one final gesture of goodwill to our club, that would have let us celebrate our survival together in our home with a new owner.

Instead, he chose for whatever reason to deny us this final solace, in what has been our toughest season for many decades.

I've always tried to understand the difficulties he has faced, the money he poured into the club, the intransigence of the EFL, the outside factors at play.

But my patience has worn thin lately, and today it has snapped altogether.

You've lost the club, Mel, you've lost our club. You've lost all respect, you've lost our respect. 

No matter what you do from this point forward you will never redeem yourself in my eyes.

Same her angie never forgive mel for this.

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

Today, Mel Morris had within his gift one final gesture of goodwill to our club, that would have let us celebrate our survival together in our home with a new owner.

Instead, he chose for whatever reason to deny us this final solace, in what has been our toughest season for many decades.

I've always tried to understand the difficulties he has faced, the money he poured into the club, the intransigence of the EFL, the outside factors at play.

You've lost the club, Mel, you've lost our club. You've lost all respect, you've lost our respect. 

No matter what you do from this point forward you will never redeem yourself in my eyes.

I hated Maxwell with a passion, but that's nothing compared to the utter contempt I have for Morris.

A decade ago, we had a thread on here entitled "The most hated person in Derby's history".

No contest now.

12 minutes ago, jono said:

I am a dyed in the wool season ticket holding half fan. I might make it to Burton or Chesterfield at a push but it’s very much a “might” and I am pretty certain it would be on a match by match basis, Saturdays only. I reckon at least 50% of our current attendance would probably feel the same. Unless it’s local, the masses simply will not come.  What’s the capacity of the Pirelli ?

Coventry barely took anyone to ‘home games’ when ground sharing because of the travelling. I think Birmingham was the best for them.

Their fans lost interest having to go to Northampton.

Anyone with a shred of decency would have just said 'sod it I've done enough damage' and hand over the keys. Obviously if we were talking someone who didn't have 2 beans to rub together and needed the money is one thing. A multi millionaire is quite simply another.

It has all got too personal and you only have to look to Russia for someone who won't back down. All about egos.

26 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I hated Maxwell with a passion, but that's nothing compared to the utter contempt I have for Morris.

A decade ago, we had a thread on here entitled "The most hated person in Derby's history".

No contest now.

Maxwell was a big time thief Morris is a stubborn fool 

4 hours ago, Oldben said:

Agreed.

I actually think that this would help, he's got other businesses and to be banned from owning them due to his mismagement of Derby would be great.

He can't be banned from owning, he's not Russian. 

He can only be disqualified to act as a director, so he'd have to employ others. 

Mind you, that's gone well at dcfc....shall we propose some forum members as candidates to run his empire. I'm sure we would do so to the very best of our abilities..... 

Mwahahahahahahaha..... ?

I’ve always tried to get around my head what Mel is doing,I understand he wants to recoup as much as possible that he lost running the club, but I’m at the point now of fgs let DCFC move on with CK in charge, don’t finish of a great football club, hopefully this gets sorted in the next few days, so we can prepare for next season and hopefully a more positive future ???

52 minutes ago, angieram said:

Couldn’t have put it better @angieram.  Not even the three amigos did this this too us.  For crying out loud one of them had their hand in the till and even went to prison!!  Maxwell never did this.  In fact, he even saved us from the position we’re in now.  I’ve never felt such anger towards an owner of our club.  And to think we once sang “one of our own’ ?.

Edited by FlyBritishMidland

51 minutes ago, angieram said:

Feel exactly the same Angie, this perfectly sums it up. Seeing those lads walking around the pitch none of them with any certainty on whether they can stay was heartbreaking. I loathe the man

I’m constantly amazed at the number of posters who make bold and often derogatory statements about MM as though they are factual. We can make assumptions about his thinking on the stadium and MA, based on what little we actually know but that’s all they are - assumptions. The only real fact is that we just don’t know. In my work, I’d be very wary of passing assumptions of as facts. Yes the various stories behind MM’s machinations could  be true but who knows. The old saying often trotted out in training courses is that “to assume makes an ass out of u and me”. 

Ok. Admission time. This is getting to me now. Not knowing whether I'll have a club to support let alone a ground to watch them in is eating at me.

And may I add that I'm a (fairly) well balanced individual with supportive partner, immediate and larger family, decent job and income etc. Football is not my life.

Others are not in my situation and I know that the rams are pretty much all they have. I have huge concerns that the cloudiness surrounding the club is having a hugely detrimental impact on a large number of people.

4 hours ago, Oldben said:

Agreed.

I actually think that this would help, he's got other businesses and to be banned from owning them due to his mismagement of Derby would be great.

I get your hatred of Mel and he's certainly no longer on my Christmas card list but to ban him owning his other businesses strikes me as a tad vindictive.

12 minutes ago, dog said:

Ok. Admission time. This is getting to me now. Not knowing whether I'll have a club to support let alone a ground to watch them in is eating at me.

And may I add that I'm a (fairly) well balanced individual with supportive partner, immediate and larger family, decent job and income etc. Football is not my life.

Others are not in my situation and I know that the rams are pretty much all they have. I have huge concerns that the cloudiness surrounding the club is having a hugely detrimental impact on a large number of people.

I'm one of them. Anxiety not being helped at the moment.

17 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

I’m constantly amazed at the number of posters who make bold and often derogatory statements about MM as though they are factual. We can make assumptions about his thinking on the stadium and MA, based on what little we actually know but that’s all they are - assumptions. The only real fact is that we just don’t know. In my work, I’d be very wary of passing assumptions of as facts. Yes the various stories behind MM’s machinations could  be true but who knows. The old saying often trotted out in training courses is that “to assume makes an ass out of u and me”. 

The only fact that matters is that he has taken the ground out of the club and has not done the honourable thing and handed it back over.

To even consider asking 1p for it when the new owner is going to have to pick up 35% of the debts that he ran up is laughable.

A man that paraded himself as a Derby fan, who told us all he would sell the club for £1. An absolute fraud of a person.

8 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I get your hatred of Mel and he's certainly no longer on my Christmas card list but to ban him owning his other businesses strikes me as a tad vindictive.

6 months ago I would have agreed.

Nowadays, no chance.

An asset stripper that has brought a whole community to its knees.

He deserves nothing but hatred from all of us.

27 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

I agree we should deal with the facts. Mel bought the club, invested money into the club, hired and fired managers, funded transfers and wages, improved the academy, engaged in confrontations with the EFL and accounting practices that whilst not against the rules at the time looked to exploit loopholes and were at odds with the methods of all other member clubs in the league, sold himself the stadium and tied it up in complex ownership, secured external funding for the club with that stadium as security (I believe…might be unclear on the full facts here), allowed the club to accrue millions of pounds of debt including a massive tax bill, pulled his funding from the club and plunged us into admin which cause a 12 point deduction, subsequently the debts accrued and his accounting practices led to a further 9 point deduction meaning a total of 21 points and the eventual relegation of the club from the championship. 
The club has 5 players contracted beyond the end of the season, is now running out of funding, and is still in administration pending a takeover which according to the EFL and interested parties cannot conclude without the stadium ownership resolved or at least the club having a home of some sort to play games next season. 
Did I miss anything? 
Now I agree people shouldn’t make baseless claims against Mel, they can however use those facts and any others to inform their opinions. In my view, he gambled, got it horribly wrong and using the available facts has left the club on the brink of ruin. I do think the club will survive for what it’s worth. again, just in my opinion and with the benefit of hindsight all of this could have been avoided if Mel had ran the club within the ridiculous restrictions the EFL has in place. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram
Didn’t mean to sound confrontational to the OP, sorry, needed a snickers (other chocolate bars are available)