The Administration Thread

Boycie

5 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Barry has spoken on Twitter… not sharing here as I imagine his stock is quite low. But it makes for depressing reading ?

He has no inside information. It’s some guy on twitter making stuff up as he goes along.   He may occasionally get something right but I could start a twitter page tomorrow and get as much right as he does and pass it off as ‘inside knowledge.’ 

I know Quantuma are getting a ton of stick at the moment, possibly rightly so, but I fear at this stage that if we had a viable option then we would've announced a preferred buyer. 

I genuinely worry that despite the noise that there isn't an option, currently, that avoids a -15 point deduction next season and they're doing their best to avoid such a scenario with delaying the process until someone comes in with an offer that avoids that reality. Although, with the issues around the ground, obviously Mel doesn't want to take a complete hit on the stadium he purchased for £80m (or so we're led to believe). 

I believe we're probably likely to finish the season out still in administration. 

I mean no one knows what’s going on. But the only way I can make sense of it is, and it’s based on if the two main bidders are now Appleby and Ashley.

Appleby consortium was willing to put £x amount of million to pay off debts, but it didn’t involve paying for the stadium in the hope it would be thrown in.

Ashley was willing to pick £x amount of million to buy the stadium but isn’t willing to pay the 25% to HMRC. Ashley’s deal is probably better and is the Preferred Bidder unofficially but means renegotiation with HMRC and the whole situation needs ‘managing’ as they will have to announce the -15 for next season. 

I don’t think we will be liquidated but the club, or the fans and Rooney are going to get shafted once again in the short term. I can fully see that we will get the -15 and then the marketing campaign asking us to spend our money on season tickets to ‘roar on the rams’ will begin, essentially being expected to take whatever muck they give us and be glad of it

Edited by TuffLuff

5 minutes ago, Warwick Ram said:

End of season liquidation is coming. Not before then. The administrators look like they are dragging their feet now.

Yep! If anyone other than the asset strippers were going to buy it, I think they would have already done so. The EFL won’t want to redraw the league table up this late in the season.

7 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Will we? It'd be nice.

We will. It may not be the PB like we all want, but it will be at least an extension until end of March. Hopefully. The only other option other than those 2 is to remove us from league fixtures which wouldn’t help anybody so very unlikely to happen. 

44 minutes ago, The Big One said:

Heard it on good authority we are hours away from a further 15 point deduction, you couldnt really make this up.  What an utter utter mess.

Since the criteria for when an up to 15 point deduction might apply are not known (  some unpublished guidance from EFL maybe) I think the source is probably not a good authority. 

any further points deduction would be next season and only if we do not pay creditors 25 p in the £1 or more.

Got enough money to see out the next few weeks. Negotiations with said parties continue to (if they can) extract more money or restructure deal around stadium accordingly to ensure more money for creditors, speculation would have you believe this is necessary to avoid -15 points next season. 

Honestly - why the panic? 

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Probably because they will try to secure last minute funding from DCC to keep us ticking over.

The EFL need to see the money to keep us going through March that’s what the meeting will be about. I believe the admin have verbally told them they’ve got it.

At this point I'm still 90% convinced that we'll avoid liquidation. 

I'm about 60% convinced that we'll start next season on -15.

But I'm 100% sure that in about 25 years, those of us that are still here will discussing Derby County's latest existential crisis and comparing it 1985 and 2022. It's the Derby way.