Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

14 minutes ago, one_chop said:

And everyone was saying at the beginning of Administration how refreshing it was to get some positive communication out of the club instead of silence out of Mel.

I still say we are going to be the first 'big' club that gets liquidated. 

Yaaaaaaaawn 

Usual suspects interpreting information in the minutes on a timeline slip to Feb as impending doom and certain liquidation. While it isn’t great it’s certainly nowhere near that bleak. If it was we would be hearing about it now, the administrators would be preparing us for January fire sale, concerns about seeing out the season. Nothing of the sort has been mentioned. Remain confident and there are three buyers still involved who will be aware of all the skeletons. It’s a deal that’s either been made more complex by the parasitic claims of Boro and Wycombe, or as others have eluded to the administrators are using it to string out the process to earn more money for Quantuma.

As for the timing of the deal, as long as with preferred bidder in place we can avoid January sales that is a reasonable outcome. The embargo means we can do minimal business anyway and let’s face it most of us  have accepted we’re in League 1 next season. Just need to get to the summer with squad intact for most part and a new owner to at least get something resembling market value for those players we need to sell, and give us a chance to put a competitive league one side together.

It's abhorrent what Boro and Wycombe are doing - they are going beyond 'chancing' a payout, they are striving to kill a historic football club. Shame on them.

If they have any case at all - and I'm amazed if they do - surely it's against the EFL for not applying the rules and punishments.

As for the Administrator minutes, I think folks from both sides of the argument have valid points - expectations have been set too high and it is more complicated than a second hand car sale.

Nevertheless, the ever shifting dates - now into February for the sale - are extremely worrying.

Kirchner's new found silence is deafening.

There is so little said about other bidders, rumours spring up of joint bids are then shot down again.

No one here truly knows what's happening.

But given the continual reassurances that a preferred bidder will be named soon, with the latest announcement saying it will happen by the end of this week.... If that doesn't materialise, then I will be seriously fearing the worse.

Being away from the area these days, I'm reliant on Sky and RamsTV, only attending the odd game. I doubt that the Sandiacre & Ilkeston Sunday Morning Pub League gets a lot of national TV coverage.

Edited by IslandExile

30 minutes ago, one_chop said:

And everyone was saying at the beginning of Administration how refreshing it was to get some positive communication out of the club instead of silence out of Mel.

Abandon hope all ye who enter here 

I wouldnt get too down hearted over the Adiminstrators comments its not in lawyers, administrators and doctors nature to give good news, or raise expectations, until the result\outcome is clear.  If they set the expectations low and then events turn out better than expected then everyone is happy, if expectations are high and then events turn out worse than expected then everyone is unhappy.

It is important to manage expectations, if things do turn out well they can always claim to have worked really hard to acheive the better than expected outcome, under promise and over deliver☺️  

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

39 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Perhaps Rams Trust might have enquired as to what their fee currently stands at and what it is likely to be based on the new timeline, if only to make Quantuma aware that they too are under scrutiny and rightly so.

I have no difficulty with the question being asked, but the problem is than Quantumna aren't working for and on behalf of the fans. Their responsibility and accountability is only to the creditors, and only they can bring any real pressure to bear on the timelines and fees. Really we needed David to be owed over £20m, and have that debt secured with a second charge on the stadium. Then we could have had some real influence on proceedings.

Just now, Elwood P Dowd said:

I wouldnt get too down hearted over the Adiminstrators comments its not in lawyers, administrators and doctors nature to give good news, or raise expectations, until the result\outcome is clear.  If they set the expectations low and then events turn out better than expected then everyone is happy, if expectations are high and then events turn out worse than expected then everyone is unhappy.

It is important to manage expectations, if things do turn out well they can always claim to have worked really hard to acheive the better than expected outcome, under promise and over deliver☺️  

White that's all true, that's not what they did. At the start of the process, they did set expectations too high - they said they thought the sale would be complete by the end of the year. Then it went to January. Now they're saying February and at one point even said "before the end of the season".

14 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

White that's all true, that's not what they did. At the start of the process, they did set expectations too high - they said they thought the sale would be complete by the end of the year. Then it went to January. Now they're saying February and at one point even said "before the end of the season".

As I understood it, the 'end of the season' was in regards to buying the ground of MM. 

14 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

They've done the opposite though. Had it drummed into me when I started my first job that if it's going to take 3 weeks to complete a project then tell your manager it's going to take 4. Cos after 3 weeks if it's not completed then quite rightly they'll be holding you accountable plus you've failed on a timeline YOU set yourself which is criminal. So always allow a little bit of wriggle room for things that could go wrong.

There's a definite skill and art in calculating then communicating realistic timelines that the administrators either have no grounding of or simply aren't bothered that their predictions move like the shifting sands. 

21 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I have no difficulty with the question being asked, but the problem is than Quantumna aren't working for and on behalf of the fans. Their responsibility and accountability is only to the creditors, and only they can bring any real pressure to bear on the timelines and fees. Really we needed David to be owed over £20m, and have that debt secured with a second charge on the stadium. Then we could have had some real influence on proceedings.

I'm not seeking accountability, only to make sure that Quantuma are aware that the early platitudes are becoming a fading memory, for the little such notions appear to be worth.

By the same token, I'm sure the creditors share our hope that the required processes are being undertaken in a timely fashion since Quantuma will receive their fees in full prior to any disbursements being made to those who were owed money before the administration process began. 

1 hour ago, one_chop said:

Stop being negative we had enough of that.

48 minutes ago, Yani P said:

The preferred bidder could refuse to pay Parasite 1 and Parasite 2 a penny I assume and agree to let the courts deal with it after the takeover is complete?

Still gobsmacked and annoyed that the EFL are letting these 2 scumbags take this forward at all..

Absolutely.  Posted this earlier. In terms of administration there is no problem concluding a sale with this in the background.  There is no debt accrued in relation to this.  It may be a bidder is looking at this a potential cost and that's what these two parasites are counting on.  If someone buys the club and says I'll look at these two shithouses later, they don't concern me, they'll soon scuttle off.  This would never get to a court settlement.  The whole premise is absurd and if it got that far other clubs would veto it.  Lest we forget,  we potentially lost a sale last year due to another of Gibsons spurious claims and then couldn't get apply for a covid loan due him pushing the envelope on appeal.  If a buyouts successful we could counter claim and in absolute spades.  As for his gimp at Wycombe - send him an envelope with a dollar someones wiped there arse on - blokes a joke and a bigmouthed one at that.

2 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I'm not seeking accountability, only to make sure that Quantuma are aware that the early platitudes are becoming a fading memory, for the little such notions appear to be worth.

By the same token, I'm sure the creditors share our hope that the required processes are being undertaken in a timely fashion since Quantuma will receive their fees in full prior to any disbursements being made to those who were owed money before the administration process began. 

They worry me.  I dealt with administrators daily for a number of years and in my experience things should be further along.  The cost of hiring a team of three administrators can be 350-500 a day a piece plus court costs and the use of expert legal teams.  Even the use of one administrator for a small business who owes 50 k can run at 7-8k in bills.  There cost will be pushing 3 million quid by the end of January.  Honestly, I could write a book here but I've aired similar concerns as this has gone along, as well as try to ease minds a bit regarding payment of monies owed.  The easy acceptance of a 9 point deduction and pointless appeal over the 12 points for admin started the worry.  Haggling with the two Ronnies at either ends of the country over cash pay outs for 'cheating' really worries me.  That should have and could have been hammered down in legal red tape with grounds of no precedent and previous EFL acceptance from minute one.

2 hours ago, Yani P said:

The preferred bidder could refuse to pay Parasite 1 and Parasite 2 a penny I assume and agree to let the courts deal with it after the takeover is complete?

They could, but in reality were never going to. As I said weeks ago the notion that we'd tell these clubs to 'do one' was pure in the sky and no matter how nonsensical the claims appear to us they will need to be dealt with pre-sale, nobody is going to dish out £50m+ to buy a club if there's any lingering doubt whatsoever about further legal action and multi-million pound payouts.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

If someone buys the club and says I'll look at these two shithouses later, they don't concern me, they'll soon scuttle off.  This would never get to a court settlement.  The whole premise is absurd and if it got that far other clubs would veto it.  

That's an easy gamble to take when it's not your money. Are you 100% certain of the above and willing to risk millions of pounds? Just because every logical conclusion we can come up with points towards their cases having no merit doesn't necessarily mean that's how it would play out. Been there, been screwed over by that.

How many times did we go over all the P&S stuff? How many conclusions based on logic saw us getting away without points deductions? How many people saw the judgement of the first disciplinary panel, thought through all the logic and were sure that the EFL's appeal would fall flat on its face? 

Other clubs aren't going to step in and help us out, they're all in it for themselves. This is where it's common to mention the possibility of us paying money to these leeches opening a can of worms for other similar claims, but does that truly hold up to scrutiny? 

One difference between these two claims against us and any potential claims people think it would open up for us (or others) is that we're seen to have deliberately hidden our real outgoings over a number of years. Yes other clubs have shown a more flagrant disregard for the rules but because they've been open about it they've been punished 'accordingly' (pah!) and on time.

Ultimately our messing about over amortisation and our not filing accounts on time makes us appear to be the ones responsible for the failure to punish us in any of the last 2-3 seasons (while we point the finger at Boro and the EFL for delaying things), and that's why others think they have a case against us but nobody else is worried about it setting a precedent.

We can't claim against QPR, Villa, Bournemouth if their punishments were applied at the earliest opportunity and they've done nothing to disguise their spending. 

...and there's that logic again; logic would surely dictate that someone who has disregarded completely and outright broken the rules should be treated more harshly than someone who's tried to stay within the rules but find a way to work around them, but how has that worked out for us so far?

Edited by Coconut's Beard

8 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

That won't be a decision, accountants will tell him he has to accept it and publicly, Wayne will put a positive spin on it....  As Jan window comes to a close we will be begging clubs just to take the bigger earners like Lawrence off our hands, if a deal to buy the club is not looking likely.

Anyone who thinks Rooney will have any say in this at all is deluded.  The only choice he may get is which player he wants to keep if its a choice of selling 1 of 2 players......

You are absolutely right.

The alternative will be he'll leave and say i cannot carry on like this. I was told no player sales without my say so but i cannot accept this etc...and who would blame him tbf

1 minute ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

You are absolutely right.

The alternative will be he'll leave and say i cannot carry on like this. I was told no player sales without my say so but i cannot accept this etc...and who would blame him tbf

I think he will be off anyway if Kirchner is not the winning bidder or he drops out.