Bad behaviour by Derby (& coventry) fans again

B4ev6is

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Dress code in the 70s, Doc Martens or Loafers with half moon metal wedge in the heal where walking in town people thought there was a horse behind them, Levis cut short, Ben Sherman/Fred Perry, Black Harrington Jacket, Crombie for winter, And to top it off my fluorescent green socks

I’m a decade earlier with the Mods. Dress code was a tailored Italian 3 button suit with narrow lapels and Pierre Cardin style waisted and flared jacket though earlier it was a boxy jacket, button down shirt with narrow tie, loafers or Chelsea boots with pointed or chisel toes, Mod haircut (like Noel Gallagher or Google the Small Faces) and of course a military green, fishtail parka, ideal for riding around on your Vespa or Lambretta which had a 4 foot aerial on the back topped with a tuft of fur (mine had a stuffed squirrel which I found thrown out by the Museum in the Wardwick) Meet up every Friday and Saturday and drink at the Seven Stars, Dolphin or Bell. 

I was at the game also and after standing the whole game, my hip has been agony today. I used to love to stand on the Popside and at away games, but now it can be a struggle. My heart goes out to those with small children or who are infirm.

One possible solution the club could come up with, is to designate the first few rows of away tickets as strictly 'sitting only'. I know that these aren't the best seats to have and that the view isn't great, but it would give those people who are suffering at the moment, a choice of continuing to suffer or to sit down, even with the compromises. You could try having a seating block, but I don't that would work, as you would get a border between the 2 sections where those sitting down would have their view blocked to the side.

The more boisterous element won't want these lower seats, so there shouldn't be an issue there.

3 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Did you used to faint when the boys arrived at the arena, and have their pictures on your bedroom wall? Who was your favourite, Les or Woody?

Ha ha. Very funny.

… Cancel that request for a signed photo. 
I’ve gone off you now!

?

10 hours ago, ram59 said:

I was at the game also and after standing the whole game, my hip has been agony today. I used to love to stand on the Popside and at away games, but now it can be a struggle. My heart goes out to those with small children or who are infirm.

One possible solution the club could come up with, is to designate the first few rows of away tickets as strictly 'sitting only'. I know that these aren't the best seats to have and that the view isn't great, but it would give those people who are suffering at the moment, a choice of continuing to suffer or to sit down, even with the compromises. You could try having a seating block, but I don't that would work, as you would get a border between the 2 sections where those sitting down would have their view blocked to the side.

The more boisterous element won't want these lower seats, so there shouldn't be an issue there.

The only problem with that solution is that it sort of condones, or at the very least accepts, standing in the other rows. I know standing is widespread amongst away supporters and there is very little the clubs can do about it but, I don’t think the clubs can be seen to condone or accept standing in an all seater stadium.

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

The only problem with that solution is that it sort of condones, or at the very least accepts, standing in the other rows. I know standing is widespread amongst away supporters and there is very little the clubs can do about it but, I don’t think the clubs can be seen to condone or accept standing in an all seater stadium.

But they already do 

9 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Can you imagine the outrage if social media had been around in the 70’s-80’s..!?

Imagine if lots of fans going to watch football in the 70s and 80s actually went to watch the football? The violence was horrible to see and difficult to get away from, I’d have been very happy for it not to have been there.