We are a seriously disliked team, and it bugs me

Bob The Badger

It seems everybody in this forum agrees that the is vile and embarrassing behaviour at Bramall Lane by some Derby fans was unacceptable.

Of course a few won't really, but I highly doubt they will have the guts to say so in here.

A lot of people are growing to dislike us as much as Leeds were disliked in the 70s (and ever since tbf) and other clubs at various times like Millwall, Man U and Hope Valley Under-15s. Although the last one may be more personal tbf.

What Morris has been doing it entirely out of our control, but what those around us do, isn't.

For example, if a particular abusive chants start up, the majority could respond with something counter.

I don't mean Kumbaya, although that may very well work, or Imagine by John Lennon, although that too may work, but something like 'your're knobs and know you are etc'

Not that, clearly, that's lame, but something agreed on.

Plus, if fans en masse started filming the morons on their phones and the word had been put out that they'd be reporting to the club and/or Police it may help.

Obviously, I don't want anybody getting hurt, so be careful. And I'm happy to hold somebody's coat at the back if required.

Back in Cornwall that is.

We have to make these people thoroughly unwelcome because whereas they may not care when they're high or drunk, they will be after and/or before.

What they are doing is often illegal, and in all seriousness, it is up to us to do something about it if it's to change.

I almost want to adopt Millwalls chant of 'Nobody likes us and we don't care' but I'd be lying, I do care and I'd like Derby to be admired and respected rather than despised and mocked.

Edited by Bob The Badger

It’s a strange one really, a few years ago Newcastle fans were singing “so F off Adam Johnson, you’re going down for noncing, you’re a pedophile” I actually thought that was quite funny, but at least it was factual.

I personally don’t get embarrassed by the actions of complete strangers, I don’t understand why anybody else would, but maybe that’s just me. 

Are we disliked by the majority at the minute? Yeah probably but it’s because we’ve been in the papers every week for the last 18 months for various reasons. People will tell you we’ve been “cheating for years” but can’t actually tell you what we’ve done. Most will point to the stadium sale in which we were actually vindicated in. We’re not disliked because some lads have too many sherbets are sing daft songs, especially a song that was started by Newcastle fans (funnily enough) and has been plagiarised by ourselves and sheff United fans but likely many more.  

The Rooney chant at every game is an absolute embarrassment. The man has a wife, kids, a family. Absolute disgrace our own fans are singing that about our own manager.

And yes, the Billy Sharp thing is equally bad. The problem is these drunk, young, probably drug fuelled idiots saw a viral video of the West Ham fans singing this about Ronaldo and they are that original and funny, thought they'd sing it about 'insert ex Forest player here' at our next game.

They'll sing it again tonight I'm sure as a result of his reaction.

Which btw was absolutely fair enough, i'd have done the same. Again a man with family, wife, kids probably at the game having to listen to that? Grow up kids.

Horrible chanting and behaviour at football happens at virtually all clubs. Horrific chanting etc has often happened at Derby just like other teams. It’s a social problem, a football problem and a cultural one where it’s ok to abuse people because it’s football. Unsurprised if sections of Derby fans were singing awful things towards Billy Sharp (no idea if it happened as I wasn’t there). 

Derby are disliked now because of the assumption of cheating. Whether that has happened or not it says something about football that UEFA are letting off super league powers like Juventus for starting a breakaway league but Derby could be fined loads of points due to accountancy policies. 

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

It seems everybody in this forum agrees that the is vile and embarrassing behaviour at Bramall Lane by some Derby fans was unacceptable.

Of course a few won't really, but I highly doubt they will have the guts to say so in here.

A lot of people are growing to dislike us as much as Leeds were disliked in the 70s (and ever since tbf) and other clubs at various times like Millwall, Man U and Hope Valley Under-15s. Although the last one may be more personal tbf.

What Morris has been doing it entirely out of our control, but what those around us do, isn't.

For example, if a particular abusive chants start up, the majority could respond with something counter.

I don't mean Kumbaya, although that may very well work, or Imagine by John Lennon, although that too may work, but something like 'your're knobs and know you are etc'

Plus, if fans en masse started filming the morons on their phones and the word had been put out that they'd be reporting to the club and/or Police it may help.

Obviously, I don't want anybody getting hurt, so be careful. And I'm happy to hold somebody's coat at the back if required.

We have to make these people thoroughly unwelcome because whereas they may not care when they're high or drunk, they will be after and/or before.

What they are doing is often illegal, and in all seriousness, it is up to us to do something about it if it's to change.

I almost want to adopt Millwalls chant of 'Nobody likes us and we don't care' but I'd be lying, I do care and I'd like Derby to be admired and respected rather than despised and mocked.

The DLF need to sort them out

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

But sadly I dont think it is going to change any time soon. Thing is few idouts think big and clever but it is not and because of them we all get judge as the same but we are not.

Hence why I post sorry to billy sharp and his family and there fans to try patch it up with try repair the dammage it has caused.

2 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Are we disliked by the majority at the minute? Yeah probably but it’s because we’ve been in the papers every week for the last 18 months for various reasons. People will tell you we’ve been “cheating for years” but can’t actually tell you what we’ve done. Most will point to the stadium sale in which we were actually vindicated in. We’re not disliked because some lads have too many sherbets are sing daft songs, especially a song that was started by Newcastle fans (funnily enough) and has been plagiarised by ourselves and sheff United fans but likely many more.  

It's this basically. Apart from that we have some morons, but what club doesn't.

2 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Use the passion, create a seige mentality and roar the Rams on. 

My aren't we precious!!!

So we want to fill pride park, but only if the people meet the standards set by a certain few.

Get over yourself, Derby fans are no better than fans of other clubs up and down the country, no worse either. 

We have idiots and it seems we have some perfect angels who think videoing fellow Rams to get them banned just as the club needs all the money it can get, is a good idea.

I wish I'd been born perfect. 

2 minutes ago, ossieram said:

My aren't we precious!!!

So we want to fill pride park, but only if the people meet the standards set by a certain few.

Get over yourself, Derby fans are no better than fans of other clubs up and down the country, no worse either. 

We have idiots and it seems we have some perfect angels who think videoing fellow Rams to get them banned just as the club needs all the money it can get, is a good idea.

I wish I'd been born perfect. 

You don't have to be born perfect to know you shouldn't be chanting what was about Billy Sharp ?

2 minutes ago, Sidd10 said:

You don't have to be born perfect to know you shouldn't be chanting what was about Billy Sharp ?

I can't remember people being so precious when it's the opposition fans singing about us burning our kids and other lyrical masterpieces. 

I wasn't at Sheffield to hear what was sang, but I dare say quite a few moaning about it now weren't there either.

Youngsters get drunk and do stupid things and the world keeps on turning. 

Just now, ossieram said:

I can't remember people being so precious when it's the opposition fans singing about us burning our kids and other lyrical masterpieces. 

I wasn't at Sheffield to hear what was sang, but I dare say quite a few moaning about it now weren't there either.

Got no issue with condemning chants at all. Clearly there are some things which should be off limits. The two things that annoy me are people getting offended on behalf of other people, and moreso, believing that we are somehow special in our support and that these type of things aren't at every single club - whether that's right or wrong, is irrelevant, it's just true.

I've only just managed to uncover what was sung about Billy Sharp and I have to say it is disrespectful and not something I'd join in with but it's really not a big deal

Yeah, its not very nice. He's well within his rights to say he doesn't like us for it...well who would like to hear that said about themselves?

But it's not even in the top 10% of horrendous things I've heard at the football. Nowhere near. Horrible things like that were commonplace 10/15 years ago so to turn it into a generational thing where its "just these modern kids with their modern ways" is ludicrous.

I'd rather we weren't singing it but please spare us all the mock outrage

20 minutes ago, Sidd10 said:

I was there at Sheffield and the ones making those remarks were in groups of 6 and with a combined age of less than a pair of Derby county centre half’s - I don’t even think they know what they were chanting actually means!

32 minutes ago, ossieram said:

And did you like them singing about burning our kids, i thought it was awful.

We're no different really from anyone else. That's not an excuse, but I think a lot of other clubs are understandably searching for extra reasons to dislike us. No surprise - we've completely alienated the rest of the league by bragging about spending loads of money, so no wonder many fans are reveling in the schadenfreude. 

Completely agree with the sentiment though. Why trouble ourselves with Billy Sharp when our house is on fire? 

Only thing I do find particularly strange is the flirting some of our fans have had with Rangers ever since we played them a few years back. Absolutely desperate for their attention and approval. Why were we signing sectarian Scottish football chants at Brentford away??? As bizarre as it is rotten.

Edited by Duracell

35 minutes ago, Srg said:

Got no issue with condemning chants at all. Clearly there are some things which should be off limits. The two things that annoy me are people getting offended on behalf of other people, and moreso, believing that we are somehow special in our support and that these type of things aren't at every single club - whether that's right or wrong, is irrelevant, it's just true.

My missus would be deeply offended by your post, for that reason I'am unhappy with you right now.

34 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

I can't be the only one who doesn't really care what other fans think about us?

I think I genuinely enjoy being hated by some teams fans but on the whole I'd prefer it if any ill-feeling was because we dumped them out of the cup or beat them in playoffs or denied them promotion or whatever, All that I'm perfectly happy with but I'd still rather not be despised because we've been a shambles off the pitch.