We are a seriously disliked team, and it bugs me

Bob The Badger

3 hours ago, ossieram said:

My aren't we precious!!!

So we want to fill pride park, but only if the people meet the standards set by a certain few.

Get over yourself, Derby fans are no better than fans of other clubs up and down the country, no worse either. 

We have idiots and it seems we have some perfect angels who think videoing fellow Rams to get them banned just as the club needs all the money it can get, is a good idea.

I wish I'd been born perfect. 

I wish you had too and I wouldn't have to bother writing this post.

I don't give a damn if you're Derby fan, if you think it's ok to abuse other people and mock them over the death of a 2-day-old baby then I seriously do not like you as a person. And I am not saying you do think that, I'm merely saying I don't care about people like that. I'd rather have a Forest fan who was a decent person.

Just because you decided by luck or birth to support the same football team as me means nothing more about you as a person than if you prefer the Beatles to the Stones. 

And fwiw, I agree that we're no better or no worse. I had that conversation with a Sheff Utd fan yesterday when I told him I got sucker punched leaving a Derby game at Bramall Lane.

This isn't just about Billy Sharp, other Derby fans are getting upset and stressed at away games. @angieram mentioned this. So to take your all sticking together vibe, well we should be doing that with everybody and not letting some people dictate things.

A friend of mine got thrown out of a Derby game because the guy in front wouldn't sit down at an away game even though there were two OAPs behind him who couldn't stand and couldn't see and a fight broke out.

In a perfect world (maybe) we'd all join hands and sing Give Peace a Chance.

But hey, it's a football match, horrible things happen. Is it healthy, no, but it will happen. I've shouted some horrible stuff myself when I was younger - put it down to beer, anonymity and pack mentality. Most of them chanting sick stuff grow up eventually. Unfortunately some don't. 

And no, we're not widely disliked - we're widely ignored and unknown.

An insipid creep of virtue signalling into just about everything these days bugs me personally. But not enough to write essays on it any longer. Overall, I'm just about tolerant enough to share a stand with moral superiors for 90 minutes for the most part. We ought to get along.

17 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Feck 'em. Feck them and the EFL. 

Only one thing I like about Millwall and that is they don't have to pretend there's a football community. They don't follow the unwritten rules about respect. I like that. For the majority of Millwall fans they don't cross the line. They're just horrible. 

Forget all this, what a team tonight.

Couldn't give a stuff what opposition fans think of us.

I realised the other day I absolutely detest every club in this division. The constant opportunism from their owners in the face of our misery, sanctimonious fans preaching about us 'cheating' when they can't be bothered to read the facts of the charges & the EFL's conduct, teams full of diving thugs pandered to by complicit referees, scumbag fans relishing the news we might get liquidated...

Turned on the box yesterday just as Middlesdump were kicking off against Sheffield someone or other & I wanted to put my foot through the telly.

Let the tinpots enjoy their moment, we'll be back.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

2 hours ago, David said:

Which radio and tv stations? 

I'm also online a lot, haven't seen anything outside the bubble 

Not TV tbh because I don't watch that online so I shouldn't have said that, but Radio 5, Talk Sport and a ton of it on social media and random message boards.

I work in online marketing so I'm interacting with others all the time. Half of my day is soent on social and I trip over it all over the place.

I really don't care what Leeds, Forest and Boro fans say, they have axes to grind.

I doubt this would have bothered me one iota 30 years ago and (as has been pointed out by somebody else) and it wouldn't bother me if we were disliked because we were really good.

This bugs me because there's some truth to it and it has zero to do with us as fans.

And I don't like older supporters feeling intimated when they go to support Derby.

Maybe twas ever thus, it certainly could be horrible in the 70s and 80s, or maybe I'm less tolerant with people not thinking about others, I dunno.

It's just an opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

Maybe I’m weird but I preferred being everyone’s 2nd team when we played an irresistible brand of football under mcclaren. I was proud of the club at that stage. I don’t want to be Leeds. On any level.

fair play to everyone involved to ensure this team at the moment is giving it everything and actually managing to play some decent football. It’d be easy to throw in the towel and add to the huge cumulative embarrassment of the last few years. I don’t ‘get’ the sharp chant though and do cringe at the reports of it. Trying to cast away any of the last of the good will of the football community. I think his comments and reaction at the end shows how this goes beyond the line compared to the usual sledging.

I'm just ready for a ‘normal’ season again though. Sometime. Please.

Disliked club probably, disliked manager possibly, but team? Nah as the season goes on a lot of people will come to the same realisation as we have that despite everything above them, the team we have now and the spirit we show is the complete opposite to unlikable, which if I'm thinking in mundane terms is simply 'likeable' but adding some drama to it, remarkable and admirable.

I'm liking the no one likes us mentality, I think it's helping with the siege and doggedness mentality that Rooney is using to motivate the lads......duck the EFL, duck all the refs, duck every other team in the Championship and beyond, and duck Billy Sharpe whom I sympathise for his personal loss, but after that "I don't like them" comment I decided I didn't like him

Edited by BriggRam

12 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I wish you had too and I wouldn't have to bother writing this post.

I don't give a damn if you're Derby fan, if you think it's ok to abuse other people and mock them over the death of a 2-day-old baby then I seriously do not like you as a person. And I am not saying you do think that, I'm merely saying I don't care about people like that. I'd rather have a Forest fan who was a decent person.

Just because you decided by luck or birth to support the same football team as me means nothing more about you as a person than if you prefer the Beatles to the Stones. 

And fwiw, I agree that we're no better or no worse. I had that conversation with a Sheff Utd fan yesterday when I told him I got sucker punched leaving a Derby game at Bramall Lane.

This isn't just about Billy Sharp, other Derby fans are getting upset and stressed at away games. @angieram mentioned this. So to take your all sticking together vibe, well we should be doing that with everybody and not letting some people dictate things.

A friend of mine got thrown out of a Derby game because the guy in front wouldn't sit down at an away game even though there were two OAPs behind him who couldn't stand and couldn't see and a fight broke out.

2 quick points on this. 

1/ Nobody mocked Sharpe over the death of his baby at the match last weekend. 

2/ The day I care about people liking me as a person on a football forum  is the day I go to support forest.

Edited by ossieram