We are a seriously disliked team, and it bugs me

Bob The Badger

Isn’t this similar to clubs thinking or stating they are big clubs but in reality they are in their own neighbourhood, not in the real world.

In our minds we are disliked in reality no one cares and if we went out of business DCFC fans would care but in a few years other fans would have conversations asking if they remember that football club called Derby that went out of the league a few years ago.

Lets be realistic NO ONE GIVES A FLYING JOT IF WE SURVIVE OR NOT. 
Its not important, not through hatred or dislike, because the world still spins and tomorrow always happens.

19 minutes ago, Rosythram said:

Lets be realistic NO ONE GIVES A FLYING JOT IF WE SURVIVE OR NOT. 
Its not important, not through hatred or dislike, because the world still spins and tomorrow always happens.

What utter nonsense. What a very silly comment.

Why care about anything then? Of course people give a flying duck if we survive or not. The club is important to lots of people, its history shows that. It's future is important to lots of people. #COYR

On 29/09/2021 at 17:00, Alty_Ram said:

I think I genuinely enjoy being hated by some teams fans but on the whole I'd prefer it if any ill-feeling was because we dumped them out of the cup or beat them in playoffs or denied them promotion or whatever, All that I'm perfectly happy with but I'd still rather not be despised because we've been a shambles off the pitch.

I think your missing the point, yes locally we all care passionately about our club thats not up for debate. What is up for debate is are we disliked!

Answer is no because in the scheme of things outside our supportive group no one cares, you reap what you sew and as previously suggested in the scheme of things we really are not seen as being that significant.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

What utter nonsense. What a very silly comment.

Why care about anything then? Of course people give a flying duck if we survive or not. The club is important to lots of people, its history shows that. It's future is important to lots of people. #COYR

@Rosythram was, I believe, talking about people from outside our area Roy. Generally fans of clubs from other parts of the country are ambivalent toward us.

Yes the gumps and Leeds will revel in our downfall but thats to be expected. I know Stoke fans who will be happy to see us go under and some who will be sad as they see Derby as a similar club to them, but I suspect the vast majority will not be that bothered either way.

Edited by uttoxram75
pathetic typing

On 03/10/2021 at 11:50, David said:

Real world and social media are very different, there's a pub up here, landlord is a Leeds fan, son manages content on the Forest website.

Actually had a decent chat, even sympathetic. You scroll through the comments online from your Leeds and Forest fans, most are hidden behind LUFC4EVA type usernames and profile pics of club badges.

Can't let those get to you.

I'm not buying that mate.  Whilst ones distracting you with decent sympathetic chat, the other ones washing his willy in your beer.  That slightly acid flavour is nothing to do with house pilsner they brew on site. Don't believe the hype.

10 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I give a damn it is my life and soul and it is my life and I would be misable If the club goes bust we the fans need help the club the best we can. Other fans have said how sorry they feel for Derby fans that desevse better than this and support our club in great numbers.

We need to lift that curse ! 

12 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

@Rosythram was, I believe, talking about people from outside our area Roy. Generally fans of clubs from other parts of the country are ambivalent toward us.

Well I disagree. Our history and our current fanbase make us a 'noticeable' football club. There are plenty of fans of football out there, many of whom are probably more knowledgeable about our history than many of our own fans.

When Bury were going to the wall did football fans line up to applaud?

12 hours ago, Rosythram said:

I think your missing the point, yes locally we all care passionately about our club thats not up for debate. What is up for debate is are we disliked!

Answer is no because in the scheme of things outside our supportive group no one cares, you reap what you sew and as previously suggested in the scheme of things we really are not seen as being that significant.

No, I know what you are saying and I'd agree that it can be perceived as worse than it actually is based on some very noisy internet sources. However (and admittedly I only have a small sample of my football following mates up here to go on) I do genuinely think the way that we have been run has affected the way that we are perceived as a club. I think this will be temporary but to me at least it seems to be there.

Now sure, a lot of it is bull**** dreamed up by lunatics and fantasists from Bristol/Boro/Middlesbrough/Leeds re our 'cheating', but taking a step back, mates who are fans of other clubs up here are still wondering how we got ourselves in such a total mess. The non payment of so much tax and the expensive signing of Bielik was pointed out to me as something that was self inflicted and while I would say that the general perception is less of dislike but definitely a feeling that we've been the architects of our own downfall and while there is plenty of sympathy as fans of football clubs I'm not getting a sense of much sympathy for the club itself. Fans seem aware of us beyond what you'd expect of a mediocre Championship team because we are the highest profile club for a while to be tumbling down the Administration rabbit hole.

It also seems that some normally reasonable fans are also absorbing some of this hysterical narrative and I have put a few people straight who would otherwise have no axe to grind but "have read that..." That said, TBH it is hard to argue against some of it. Owners come and go though and we will shake this off I'm sure.

As I say, I don't give a damn whether fans of other clubs dislike us because we always beat them or because we denied them a playoff spot or because of rivalry (real or imagined), far from it, bring it on. If you are worried about that then you're watching the wrong game !

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well I disagree. Our history and our current fanbase make us a 'noticeable' football club. There are plenty of fans of football out there, many of whom are probably more knowledgeable about our history than many of our own fans.

When Bury were going to the wall did football fans line up to applaud?

And it's your right to disagree, Notts. County has history of being one of the founding members of the football league, now that's just a passing mention with them being in the conference, that would just be the same for Derby County being referred to as a founding member. History  

I wouldn't say it's our current fanbase that makes us a "noticeable" club it's the fact the club is managed by Wayne Rooney that makes us a noticeable club. Mention Derby County and people say yes they are managed by Wayne Rooney, mention Wayne Rooney and the reply is he is the manager at Derby. I f we were managed by Tony Pulis (just a name picked at random) we wouldn't be half as noticeable.

Fans who support "their" clubs aren't interested in the history of other clubs. 

i dont like the club i love being seen as one who bent the rules (and didnt even do that well enough to get away with it like others did) 

I dont want to feel ashamed of the way the club have conducted themselves. as much as I'd love us to dodge the full weight of sanctions, by a force majeur type getout clause, there is a bit of me that could get on board with the fact that we came back after doing wrong and getting a full punishment for it and wiping the slate clean

2 minutes ago, swanny said:

i dont like the club i love being seen as one who bent the rules (and didnt even do that well enough to get away with it like others did) 

I dont want to feel ashamed of the way the club have conducted themselves. as much as I'd love us to dodge the full weight of sanctions, by a force majeur type get out clause, there is a bit of me that could get on board with the fact that we came back after doing wrong and getting a full punishment for it and wiping the slate clean

I don't like our club being singled out for doing what many others have done before - bent the rules. I want to get away with as little in the way of EFL punishment as we can. We don't really deserve all the poo that is flying our way. It pisses me off deeply to see that poo-for-brains Gibson and idiot Maguire on their one person crusades against us. 

#COYR

15 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Lets hope any tributes at Preston are respected this weekend. Lets hope recently reported away fan behaviour does not surface

https://www.pnefc.net/news/2021/october/club-statement-mr-trevor-hemmings/

We are usually very good at respecting and joining in with club tributes. No problem with that at all.

On 09/10/2021 at 23:04, DraycottRam said:

I work in Birmingham and I can honestly say nobody hates us or likes us. We're totally irrelevant outside of the East Midlands 

I agree but I’m not sure “working in Birmingham” gives you an insight as to how the whole country feels.

Everyone will love us, especially other Championship teams, if we somehow pull off a miracle and get the 12 point penalty overturned.?