We are a seriously disliked team, and it bugs me

Bob The Badger

It is really very silly what other fans come up with. Blaming us for Keogh leading the players on a drunken rampage in Allestree, all Derbys fault of course despite us laying on taxis for the players to get home safely. 

Blaming us for overspending.. when we spent half what Villa did on wages, and  fraction of their net transfer spend. Our net transfer spend is about £25 million under Morris.. Villa's in the same period  is about £300 million. Financial mismanagement by Derby, but not by Villa apparently.. because they got promoted and we didn't. 

On 30/09/2021 at 17:34, angieram said:

I don't think we sang the Rooney song last night, other than the White Pele one, so that's an improvement. 

Collymore snuck in but a long way down the playlist!

Green shoots.

I think we should be allowed one chorus of the Collymore song each game for old times sake.?

On 29/09/2021 at 18:44, David said:

Football is a sport, a competition between clubs, I have no desire to be universally liked by fans we are competing with.

Sure it's nice to have the media praising us, but they will be quick to turn on you for a click, that's football.

I also don't think we're as widely disliked as some would lead you to believe, we live in a bubble where we have Forest, Leeds, Boro and a couple of oddballs in Bristol that are enjoying it, other than that I bet you will struggle to find large percentages of fans that "hate" us.

This is why I believe the "we're a laughing stock" are a complete overreaction. How many of the national journalists have even covered our situation? They don't give a crap as they are part of the PL bubble that chooses to ignore what goes on outside of that.

Step outside the bubble once in a while and many won't even know what's going off.

As for the chants, I wouldn't join in personally, the Billy Sharp one was just bizarre, as is singing about Stan Collymore in the concourses in Sheffield. 

I'm not offended, just confused. Those singing got their reaction though, without the penalty he was in Jagielka's pocket all day, chances are he would have walked down the tunnel head down, that's how it goes.

Not trying to justify the chants, they were weird, but agree with those that say it's not just us, let's not pile in on our own fans at a time we need to come together.

I spoke to a complete randomer from Yorkshire the day after admin news hit. I think he said he supported Halifax or someone like that. First thing he said after I mentioned I was a Derby fan was "sad what's happening to your club". Kind of back up what you say.

The Sharp chant may have been based on something like this story.

On 30/09/2021 at 17:34, angieram said:

I don't think we sang the Rooney song last night, other than the White Pele one, so that's an improvement. 

Collymore snuck in but a long way down the playlist!

Green shoots.

Do you have a playlist of songs we are allowed to sing? It’d be good to know what the newly formed football fan police tell us what’s ok and what’s not. 

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I think we should be allowed one chorus of the Collymore song each game for old times sake.?

If we're going for old songs can we start singing "We are the Derby boys" again? Used to love singing "into Europe we will go with Kevin as our King, we will follow the Derby".

Read up on it a few years ago and apparently it is a sectarian song so frowned upon, presumably why it was dropped. I had no idea at the time! 

2 hours ago, angieram said:

If we're going for old songs can we start singing "We are the Derby boys" again? Used to love singing "into Europe we will go with Kevin as our King, we will follow the Derby".

Read up on it a few years ago and apparently it is a sectarian song so frowned upon, presumably why it was dropped. I had no idea at the time! 

Love the old songs, the john o hare one as well, they are probably to tame for fans today.