Steve Gibson trying to liquidate Derby

Carl Sagan

21 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Boro - sending us Mikkel Beck?

Wycombe - making us watch their horrendously ugly football for 180 minutes?

Presumably everyone who viewed matches against Wycombe can sue for damages to mental health and distressed caused by viewing Wycombe play football. I'd estimate it caused each and every viewer £75k worth of damages. And that's every club in the division they played, twice.

Perhaps best brought forward as a class action. "Has your life been made a misery by having watched Wycombe Wanderers attempting to play football? Contact "The distressed witnesses of Wycombe Wanderers campaign now"

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

I don't remember him saying that those claims would "have to be resolved" before a sale could go through? They're not official creditors, so they shouldn't affect a CVA, the EFL won't interfere (they've already said as much because such disputes HAVE to be resolved by a League Arbitration Panel under EFL rules, or withdrawn), so it really only depends how much of a liability a new owner regards them, surely? They may be happy to complete the deal with the claims still outstanding.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Is there any suggestion that the administrator is delaying the sale?

I thought they were simply going through the process, which is bound to take time, the next stage being reaching agreement with HMRC.

If the sale is being delayed because of these claims, then maybe potential buyers are insisting they are resolved first.

58 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

In his interviews at the weekend Jackson said both Boro and Wycombe claim will be resolved in the next couple of weeks.... 

His tone was quite dismissive. 

From Carl Jackson's interview with Chris Parsons on the excellent Steve Bloomer's Washing podcast uploaded on Saturday, CJ said:

'This was never going to be, and I genuinely felt this right at the outset… an issue around finding a buyer. It was going to be about reaching agreement and compromise deals with those creditors, and those are the hurdles we still have to overcome. So we are still negotiating with HMRC, and we’re putting together a plan. Once we’ve got deals done then we’ll be in a position then to effectively conclude on a deal with whoever we’ve chosen as our preferred bidder.

So it’s not just a question of a buyer coming along, making an offer… What we need to do is try and get to a position where we’ve sorted out the liabilities, dealt with other what I call unascertained creditors, and again it’s been widely communicated that there are two other football league creditors or football clubs who are claiming, who are making claims against Derby County Football Club. We need to deal with those. So there are a number of hurdles or obstacles we still need to overcome. We are working on those. We hope to make some good progress over the next three to four weeks.'

From this, I would take that the Boro and WW claim would have to be dealt with before the club could be sold.

10 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

From this, I would take that the Boro and WW claim would have to be dealt with before the club could be sold.

I'd venture to say there is "dealing with", and "dealing with".

Passing the relative info/documents on to the (potential) new owner(s) could fairly be construed as the administrators "dealing with it".

Throwing any such documents (if indeed there are any?) in the bin could (less fairly) be construed as  the administrators "dealing with it".

It surely doesn't mean that they have to oversee a full and final, mutually agreed settlement?  

"Dealt with" suggests a broad range of possibilities. In a perfect world, they'd be resolved before a transaction is concluded, certainly, but any prospective owner would also have to weigh up the risks and opportunities of not having them fully resolved - waiting could mean further funding required to see the club through, possibly having to sell or release players (making relegation an absolute certainty) or if the on pitch fight is going well and we're within a few wins of safety, deciding that the risk of waiting longer is greater than the risk of having to pay these two chancers something after a formal Arbitration process is concluded. Hopefully they're smart enough to know the reasons why both claims are spurious and are taking advice accordingly.

Personally, I'd like to see them both thrown out of the league for making vexatious, trumped-up claims against the wrong party, but the EFL wouldn't go that far, certainly not with the Boro CEO on the management board.

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

It surely doesn't mean that they have to oversee a full and final, mutually agreed settlement?  

I hope not as if this is the case I fear for the survival of the club. I find it hard to see how this will be resolved with Gibson and any potential new owners in particular in the next month given it has already dragged on for 2.5 years.

It was just when I listened to the interview on SBW it sounded like the Boro and WW claim would have to be dealt with, and I took this to mean an agreement of some sort reached, rather than just the paperwork of the claim passed on to the new owners. 

I am a natural worrier and hope I am wrong on this. Time will tell over the next month...

I heard a slight ‘ITK’ story over the weekend about why Steve Gibson has such a vendetta against Mel Morris and Derby. Apparently it is indeed to do with the Martin Waghorn purchase, where Mel Morris allegedly agreed with Gibson that they’d both settle on a specific wage and transfer fee, then let Waghorn choose whether he went to Boro or Derby to save them both money instead of bidding each other up.

After reaching an agreement with Gibson, Mel allegedly offered Waghorn and Ipswich considerably more a few days later and Waghorn subsequently chose us.

I fully understand Gibson’s hate for us, if this is true and I have no reason to disbelieve the source given his links in football.

Edited by Lander
Typo

5 minutes ago, Lander said:

I heard a slight ‘ITK’ story over the weekend about why Steve Gibson has such a vendetta against Mel Morris and Derby. Apparently it is indeed to do with the Martin Waghorn purchase, where Mel Morris allegedly agreed with Gibson that they’d both settle on a specific wage and transfer fee, then let Waghorn choose whether he went to Boro or Derby to save them both money instead of bidding each other up.

After reaching an agreement with Gibson, Mel allegedly offered Waghorn and Ipswich considerably more a few days later and Waghorn subsequently chose us.

I fully understand Gibson’s hate for us, if this is true and I have no reason to disbelieve the source given his links in football.

If all that is true, you’d expect his anger to have subsided significantly over the years having actually seen Waghorn play.

20 minutes ago, LazloW said:

If all that is true, you’d expect his anger to have subsided significantly over the years having actually seen Waghorn play.

Still not sure if that's really £45m quids worth....and perhaps an anti-competetive case for the EFL to investigate.

Sorry but world of football agents and transfer negotiations I find it a stretch that even if true it's either unique or a particularly cunning betrayal.

Edited by RadioactiveWaste

25 minutes ago, Lander said:

If that is true, I would think that’s illegal in an open market

25 minutes ago, Lander said:

Why would we have offered considerably more than Boro if we knew what they were offering?

We'd only have had to offer a little more to secure the deal wouldn't we.

33 minutes ago, Lander said:

No just banker and mardy because missed out on play offs and it often it works out people offer more money gets the player.

3 minutes ago, Lander said:

... I fully understand Gibson’s hate for us, if this is true and I have no reason to disbelieve the source given his links in football.

Wouldn't surprise me but we are well past a measured and reasonable grievance now. The man seems obsessed with the destruction of DCFC and given that we have now belatedly followed due process with the EFL and taken our punishment then his actions seem extremely vindictive given that there is no realistic prospect of him seeing that money because we are already on the brink of financial oblivion. Not sure where he is expecting another 45 quid to come from never mind 45 million.

It's hard to conclude that it is anything other than a deliberate attempt to to sabotage the potential rescue of the club from liquidation by delaying the conclusion of a potential sale of the club which would almost certainly kill DCFC as surely as actually winning the case. Currently Gibson and Boro seem to be attempting to drive another club out of business and it is one man's personal crusade.

There are several clubs that I can't stand but I'm a football fan and whatever the rivalries and grievances I would seriously hope that DCFC were never the cause of a football club ceasing to exist. Boro better hope that they never need a bit of understanding and slack from other clubs in order to continue to stay afloat.

To be fair, (and as someone else said earlier) apart from the some fanatics it seems that there is a subtle change of the mood music from fans of other clubs now that we have eventually fronted up and taken our penalties as agreed with the EFL and some grudging admiration for the spirit shown at the weekend. That is clearly not enough for some though but we've taken our medicine from the EFL and now we'd like to be able to turn our attention to hopefully ensuring the continued existence of the club that we all love. You'd hope that other football folk would have some empathy for that at least.

6 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

Wouldn't surprise me but we are well past a measured and reasonable grievance now. The man seems obsessed with the destruction of DCFC and given that we have now belatedly followed due process with the EFL and taken our punishment then his actions seem extremely vindictive given that there is no realistic prospect of him seeing that money because we are already on the brink of financial oblivion. Not sure where he is expecting another 45 quid to come from never mind 45 million.

It's hard to conclude that it is anything other than a deliberate attempt to to sabotage the potential rescue of the club from liquidation by delaying the conclusion of a potential sale of the club which would almost certainly kill DCFC as surely as actually winning the case. Currently Gibson and Boro seem to be attempting to drive another club out of business and it is one man's personal crusade.

There are several clubs that I can't stand but I'm a football fan and whatever the rivalries and grievances I would seriously hope that DCFC were never the cause of a football club ceasing to exist. Boro better hope that they never need a bit of understanding and slack from other clubs in order to continue to stay afloat.

To be fair, (and as someone else said earlier) apart from the some fanatics it seems that there is a subtle change of the mood music from fans of other clubs now that we have eventually fronted up and taken our penalties as agreed with the EFL and some grudging admiration for the spirit shown at the weekend. That is clearly not enough for some though but we've taken our medicine from the EFL and now we'd like to be able to turn our attention to hopefully ensuring the continued existence of the club that we all love. You'd hope that other football folk would have some empathy for that at least.

Other fans do indeed seem to be swaying to our cause, so what would help is for the Boro' fans at their next home game, to the tune of Pink Floyd's The Wall sing "Hey, Gibson, leave those Rams alone". 

If he hears his own fans asking for him to leave be, then maybe, just maybe.....

36 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Other fans do indeed seem to be swaying to our cause, so what would help is for the Boro' fans at their next home game, to the tune of Pink Floyd's The Wall sing "Hey, Gibson, leave those Rams alone". 

If he hears his own fans asking for him to leave be, then maybe, just maybe.....

Not a chance.......I've not seen 1 comment anywhere from a Boro fan that isn't rejoicing in our predicament 

43 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

I highly doubt that mate