Steve Gibson trying to liquidate Derby

Carl Sagan

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

I wonder if Gibson has worked out the DCFC will only be able to pay 10p in the pound so by claiming £45 mill he is expecting to get £4•5 mill? Looking like a desperate man.

I’m not sure “only” getting £4.5m is the sign of a desperate man. He probably never expected to get anywhere near £45m and I doubt he’ll fret too much if they receive a seven figure payment. Let’s hope he gets zilch.

10 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I’m not sure “only” getting £4.5m is the sign of a desperate man. He probably never expected to get anywhere near £45m and I doubt he’ll fret too much if they receive a seven figure payment. Let’s hope he gets zilch.

Until he can win a legal case there is no debt. He won't be getting a penny.

I could have submitted a claim for £1m to the Administrators, doesn't mean I'd get anything.

30 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

it would be an easier claim to say we prevented them getting to the play off's so they claim for the compensation of the gate receipts for the semi final and Wembley (probably about £1.5m ish). By saying we prevented them getting promoted is a bit of a long shot. Would they have beaten Leeds and Villa? can they prove that on the balance of probabilities they would? I don't think so   

They lost home and away to Villa, so using their own logic, they'd probably have lost the final even if they'd got past Leeds, particularly since their form in the second half of the season was mid-table at best, and Villa were flying.

17 hours ago, jono said:

There is something about his actions that seem out of kilter. My guess is he has certain ethics that he thinks have been breached. Everything I know about him in industry speaks of a straight shooter who plays fair. He’s also been supportive of managers in difficulty. Before all this I saw him as one of the good guys, so one wonders what the story is behind the story ?

Baddie GIF by Giphy QA

I noticed that in the minutes published yesterday by RamsTrust of the Supporters Group Meeting with Quantuma on 23/11/21 they were directly asked if the action by Boro and WW needs to be resolved before the takeover can progress, but chose to completely ignore the question.

https://ramstrust.org.uk/wp/supporters-group-meeting-with-quantuma-23-11-2021/

Q: Have you made any progress dealing with the legal claims from Middlesbrough and Wycombe? Why are the claims against the club rather than the EFL? Does this need to be resolved before the takeover can progress?

A: There are detailed discussions being held over these claims – which are against the club and not the EFL, though these have been discussed with the EFL.

On 23/11/2021 at 11:54, Crewton said:

They lost home and away to Villa, so using their own logic, they'd probably have lost the final even if they'd got past Leeds, particularly since their form in the second half of the season was mid-table at best, and Villa were flying.

3-0 defeats each time also not just 1-0!

30 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

I noticed that in the minutes published yesterday by RamsTrust of the Supporters Group Meeting with Quantuma on 23/11/21 they were directly asked if the action by Boro and WW needs to be resolved before the takeover can progress, but chose to completely ignore the question.

https://ramstrust.org.uk/wp/supporters-group-meeting-with-quantuma-23-11-2021/

Q: Have you made any progress dealing with the legal claims from Middlesbrough and Wycombe? Why are the claims against the club rather than the EFL? Does this need to be resolved before the takeover can progress?

A: There are detailed discussions being held over these claims – which are against the club and not the EFL, though these have been discussed with the EFL.

Not much they can say about an ongoing legal case. 

On 23/11/2021 at 20:24, RoyMac5 said:

I have realised I now hate 'Boro and Gibson as much as I hate L**ds - and that is really something! 

Me too - I wonder if he'll attend when we play them? I actually hope that all this creates a backs agains the wall 'them and us' culture, PPS becoming an unpleasant place to visits for the likes of Gibson, the EFL and self proclaimed football finance experts.

I'd be half tempted to donate Gibson 45 millions.

Then watch him spend it to sackings of average managers or fat and lazy strikers... And obviously bottle it like they always do.

Maybe even more than half-tempted.

Money can't buy you intelligence or class, dear Gibson. What he could do with 45 millions, is a new haircut. Maybe tenner would be enough and I can ship in that.

49 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Not much they can say about an ongoing legal case. 

Well...they could say

1 we feel there is no case to answer

2 IF such a precedent was set, then we would ourselves pursue similar damages for past similar cases.

3 We believe both Boro and WW are pursuing these claims at this time because the Club is up for sale in the hope that a settlement will be made to ensure the sale is not put in jeopardy. 

6 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Well...they could say

2 IF such a precedent was set, then we would ourselves pursue similar damages for past similar cases.

3 We believe both Boro and WW are pursuing these claims at this time because the Club is up for sale in the hope that a settlement will be made to ensure the sale is not put in jeopardy. 

I doubt they could say any of those things without being seen to prejudice any legal case - just because people want them to say things doesn't mean they can....

6 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Well...they could say

Or they could say that no the claim doesn't have to be resolved before the club is sold.

Perhaps they don't want to open that can of worms as it will lead to further questions, and negotiations may be at a delicate stage...

49 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

Or they could say that no the claim doesn't have to be resolved before the club is sold.

Perhaps they don't want to open that can of worms as it will lead to further questions, and negotiations may be at a delicate stage...

they have a duty to act on behalf of the creditors. Maybe Boro and Wycombe would count as creditors I don't know. They have to balance the interests of those creditors against every other creditor. Who I think would probably outweigh Boro and Wycombe, but I can see why admin team are best saying nothing. 

32 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

they have a duty to act on behalf of the creditors. Maybe Boro and Wycombe would count as creditors I don't know. They have to balance the interests of those creditors against every other creditor. Who I think would probably outweigh Boro and Wycombe, but I can see why admin team are best saying nothing. 

Carl Jackson of Quantuma referred to Boro and WW as 'unascertained creditors'. I've no idea what this means in legal terms and shan't speculate, but obviously they are parties who have put forward a claim against the club that needs to be addressed.