Birmingham City vs Derby County Matchday Thread

Tombo

8 minutes ago, Bearwood Ram said:

Got a lot of time for Blues. Know loads of them and they're a sound bunch. Never had any issues there with them, unlike Wolves who truly are a filthy lot.  Also, can our fans not call them yam yams? Really embarrassing and not accurate. If you want to chant it, save it for West Brom. 

It’s the whole point. The fact that it’s wrong winds them up more. It’s hard for them to counter that chant as they have to somehow explain that it’s the Black Country not Birmingham, by which time you’ve fallen asleep. It’s a bit like calling For*st, Notts For*st on purpose as we do.

19 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

It’s the whole point. The fact that it’s wrong winds them up more. It’s hard for them to counter that chant as they have to somehow explain that it’s the Black Country not Birmingham, by which time you’ve fallen asleep. It’s a bit like calling For*st, Notts For*st on purpose as we do.

Notts Forest is an anagram of Snot Fest Rot

40 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Generally speaking people mistaking our Birmingham accent for that of the Black Country are just plain dumb or ignorant. So when fans sing yamyam to Blues fans, they probably aren't being wound up, they are probably thinking what a bunch of idiots. I see it so many times on tv shows where they give Black country accents to people supposedly from as far away as south Warwickshire. I wonder if people mistake the Mancs and the Scousers?

4 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Generally speaking people mistaking our Birmingham accent for that of the Black Country are just plain dumb or ignorant. So when fans sing yamyam to Blues fans, they probably aren't being wound up, they are probably thinking what a bunch of idiots. I see it so many times on tv shows where they give Black country accents to people supposedly from as far away as south Warwickshire. I wonder if people mistake the Mancs and the Scousers?

Well, I can't hear the difference.

I'm from 12 miles north of Derby but Derby folk think I'm from Yorkshire! 

Famous last words but their large yet lumbering forward line has surely got to be what suits Curtis and Jags best (when they're not fighting crime)? I hope Joz is on a sufficient high from the England game that he plays some part in this one, despite what Rooney said.

Feeling OK about this. We really do need to start bagging some wins in case the EFL go all out for their 9 point deduction.

1 hour ago, 24Charlie said:

If only that was true. It doesn't wind them up at all. They just think Derby fans are a bunch of thick bumpkins. Conversation a couple of years ago in the south stand following the 'Birmingham's a poo hole' chant (and Derby isn't?!!) a bloke behind me says 'it is a poo hole an all, Wolverhampton, Walsall, all of Birmingham is'. Groan... That's like saying Derby is part of Nottingham. And don't get me started on the goobers who sang 'we hate cockneys' to Watford fans...

14 minutes ago, Bearwood Ram said:

If only that was true. It doesn't wind them up at all. They just think Derby fans are a bunch of thick bumpkins. Conversation a couple of years ago in the south stand following the 'Birmingham's a poo hole' chant (and Derby isn't?!!) a bloke behind me says 'it is a poo hole an all, Wolverhampton, Walsall, all of Birmingham is'. Groan... That's like saying Derby is part of Nottingham. And don't get me started on the goobers who sang 'we hate cockneys' to Watford fans...

Guess what....We're not the World's greatest team either. Despite what the fans sing.

Whodda thought it!