Birmingham City vs Derby County Matchday Thread

Tombo

Seem to have been doing ok results wise in Brum recently. On this basis I hold out some hope for a result.

Dont think Jags and Davis will be at all worried about playing against their big forwards (they would likely be more concerned if they had some whippets).

Match them or better in the midfield and we can get something for sure. ?

I thought the idea of an international was to not disadvantage teams who have international players.

Jamaica are away to Costa Rica at 2am Thursday morning.

So with Jozwiak unlikely to feature and Ravel Morrison even less likely to be available then I believe we are being severely compromised by this Friday night kick off.

9 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

I thought the idea of an international was to not disadvantage teams who have international players.

So with Jozwiak unlikely to feature and Ravel Morrison even less likely to be available then I believe we are being severely compromised by this Friday night kick off.

Further punishing us with our waifer thin sqaud.

2 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Morrison won’t be involved in Jamaica’s away games due to covid travel restrictions in those countries.

I suspect he’ll come home after today’s home game.

your point is still valid though, a Friday night game is ridiculous 

4 hours ago, 24Charlie said:

Didn’t it happen a couple of times last season too? I seem to remember Knight playing on Wednesday for Ireland and us on the Friday

5 hours ago, tinman said:

Didn’t it happen a couple of times last season too? I seem to remember Knight playing on Wednesday for Ireland and us on the Friday

Yes, I remember that, but that was our own fault. We should have put back our Good Friday fixture by 24 hours. I don't remember hearing that we were prevented from doing so.

They should not be having Friday TV matches in the top 2 divisions at the end of an international week.

14 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Fozzy will be a big miss on Friday night. A big part of Rooney’s new style is the long kick from Roos up to Craig on the half way line to get us up the pitch. With the high ball tactics of Brum his defensive headers will also be missed.

What Derby need to help counter this is try to get ball first and win as much 2nd ball as possible but then break away on the attack and even more so keep that ball moving.

21 hours ago, Sweetness34 said:

Morrison won’t be involved in Jamaica’s away games due to covid travel restrictions in those countries.

I suspect he’ll come home after today’s home game.

your point is still valid though, a Friday night game is ridiculous 

Without Leeds, Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday, the standouts for TV viewing figures will be Derby, Forest, Sheffield United, WBA, Birmingham and Stoke so I expect the majority of games between these clubs will be on either sky or the EFL main game.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Without Leeds, Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday, the standouts for TV viewing figures will be Derby, Forest, Sheffield United, WBA, Birmingham and Stoke so I expect the majority of games between these clubs will be on either sky or the EFL main game.

Forest are as boring as sin whilst Derby are there so they can discuss the next circus, WBA and Birmingham are the long ballers and Stoke will be very steady - I think it will be endless Fulham as they get 120 points because they kept a premiership squad with £80 million of parachute payments and don’t actually have to pay for Harry Wilson until they are in the premiership and they will be up against sides who are not allowed or able to sign any players especially for money. - rant over?

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Forest are as boring as sin whilst Derby are there so they can discuss the next circus, WBA and Birmingham are the long ballers and Stoke will be very steady - I think it will be endless Fulham as they get 120 points because they kept a premiership squad with £80 million of parachute payments and don’t actually have to pay for Harry Wilson until they are in the premiership and they will be up against sides who are not allowed or able to sign any players especially for money. - rant over?

I don't think they (Sky and the EFL) care so much about how good a team is, just the viewing figures. And if said teams are actually pretty good, like Leeds were during their two Championship season under Bielsa, then expect them to be on TV all the time.

Fulham will probably play the best football this season. But their overall following isn't that big.