Birmingham City vs Derby County Matchday Thread

Tombo

14 minutes ago, Bearwood Ram said:

Really like Chezzy '(town') accent too

How can you like their accent/dialect? If you ask someone up there what time are you working, they say 2 while 10, not 2 until 10 ? So uncouth those northerners 

4 hours ago, Bearwood Ram said:

If only that was true. It doesn't wind them up at all. They just think Derby fans are a bunch of thick bumpkins. Conversation a couple of years ago in the south stand following the 'Birmingham's a poo hole' chant (and Derby isn't?!!) a bloke behind me says 'it is a poo hole an all, Wolverhampton, Walsall, all of Birmingham is'. Groan... That's like saying Derby is part of Nottingham. And don't get me started on the goobers who sang 'we hate cockneys' to Watford fans...

Having been to Watford, I would think they'd embrace the opportunity not to be tarred with it for a bit.

How to speak Brummie lesson 1 based on working next to the Blues ground for 6 years

Ordering A pint of beer - English

I would like a paint of beer please, - Brummie

Painting your front door - English

I would like to pint my front door - Brummie

17 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

How to speak Brummie lesson 1 based on working next to the Blues ground for 6 years

Ordering A pint of beer - English

I would like a paint of beer please, - Brummie

Painting your front door - English

I would like to pint my front door - Brummie

Oh dear. And this is what I'm on about....

Knight back is some welcome great news, still not sure where he fits in this 4-2-3-1, wasted out wide, not a DM and not really a number 10.

4-3-3 and 4-4-2 would better suit him, but I'm not here to complain, the team tonight is the best we can put out. No complaints. Also good to see Baldock back as Stretton still looks a little raw.

8 hours ago, sage said:

I get your point and i think it is likely, however it may be too late by then. I think Stearman is better on the ball than Davies, though not as good as Jagielka. One of the benefits of this would be the wing backs pushing onto their wingers to stop the crosses coming in,

So far we have scored first in every game. We would need to do so in your plan. It will be interesting to see how we cope when we concede first in a game.   

I guess we will see how it goes now. 

For what it's worth I do think the line-up is the right call for the reasons I laid out earlier although like you said I think an early lead for us could be vital here. 

Just now, sage said:

Anyone want to run a sweepstake on when Jutkiewicz scores

Hopeful that Jagielka will handle him tonight, something we have struggled with in the past, but still with Chong, Hogan and Deeney on the bench, this could be a long night for the defence.