Birmingham City vs Derby County Matchday Thread

Tombo

36 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If CKR is fit then him + Baldock or Stretton works. Without CRK then the other two are too similar.

How do we know that Baldock and Stretton wont be an effective partnership? Especially if they are running the channels and moving defenders around creating room for the likes of Sibley and Lawrence 

5 hours ago, sage said:

As they will have 2 big players up front and more height through the side, I think this may be game to switch to 3 CBs. We haven't got CKR or Forsyth, so I fear us being bullied without some form of change, 

Dirty filthy Brummies, they will target our youngsters and get away with murder unless the ref is strong.

And their fans are very close to Stoke and Leeds for pure horribleness, loud mouthed Jasper Carrots the lot of em. We've got some over here in Utch from the Brum slum clearances of the 1960's. The only time you ever see a brum shirt is if they fluke a win over the mighty Rams.

Dunt bother me though.....?

16 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Dirty filthy Brummies, they will target our youngsters and get away with murder unless the ref is strong.

And their fans are very close to Stoke and Leeds for pure horribleness, loud mouthed Jasper Carrots the lot of em. We've got some over here in Utch from the Brum slum clearances of the 1960's. The only time you ever see a brum shirt is if they fluke a win over the mighty Rams.

Luckily for uttoxeter,most ended up in Tamworth...(although it was somewhat less lucky for that town)

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

6 hours ago, Sparkle said:

How do we know that Baldock and Stretton wont be an effective partnership? Especially if they are running the channels and moving defenders around creating room for the likes of Sibley and Lawrence 

If we go two up top we could play Lawrence with Baldock with Morrison behind them.

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I have to say I agree. It's the only away game where I have been threatened with physical violence as a woman in my sixties. Classy.

17 hours ago, sage said:

As they will have 2 big players up front and more height through the side, I think this may be game to switch to 3 CBs. We haven't got CKR or Forsyth, so I fear us being bullied without some form of change, 

It's tricky though because by doing that we introduce another technically uncomfortable player in Stearman into the backline and our build up play meaning that we are more likely to lose the ball and they get more opportunities to load the box. I get where you are coming from but I don't think changing to a back 3/5 necessarily solves it.

Personally I lean towards thinking that we should start with the 4231 as I think it's better to stick to our a plan and look to control the game from the off and then maybe bringing on that 3rd CB as we tire in the second half.

2 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

It's tricky though because by doing that we introduce another technically uncomfortable player in Stearman into the backline and our build up play meaning that we are more likely to lose the ball and they get more opportunities to load the box. I get where you are coming from but I don't think changing to a back 3/5 necessarily solves it.

Personally I lean towards thinking that we should start with the 4231 as I think it's better to stick to our a plan and look to control the game from the off and then maybe bringing on that 3rd CB as we tire in the second half.

Agree. Only point in adding a third centre back would be adding a quicker one. 

16 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I get your point and i think it is likely, however it may be too late by then. I think Stearman is better on the ball than Davies, though not as good as Jagielka. One of the benefits of this would be the wing backs pushing onto their wingers to stop the crosses coming in,

So far we have scored first in every game. We would need to do so in your plan. It will be interesting to see how we cope when we concede first in a game.