Birmingham City vs Derby County Matchday Thread

Tombo

1 hour ago, Bearwood Ram said:

I'm from Often originally (left in the 80s) and think Amber Valley accents are ace. Really distinct with a definite 'northern' influence. Really like Chezzy '(town') accent too. The Derby City accent on the other hand is really dull by comparison. 

I've lived in Amber Valley now for the last 15 years. Love the accent - can't imagine being happier anywhere else. God's own country! Love all Derbyshire accents, having lived in Glossop for about 20 years!

49 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

How to speak Brummie lesson 1 based on working next to the Blues ground for 6 years

Ordering A pint of beer - English

I would like a paint of beer please, - Brummie

Painting your front door - English

I would like to pint my front door - Brummie

You have missed "ta bab" off the Brummie quotes.

10 minutes ago, Archied said:

And the belfry??‍♂️

My Great Grandad Alfred was the head groom at Drayton Manor and my other Great Grandad Henry was a gamekeeper at Moxhull Manor which stood very near to the Belfry. Turn of the century. The actual manor house at Drayton was destroyed in the mid 1920's after the then heir gambled it away. Great Grandad lived in the East Lodge and had to move out when it all came up for sale.

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Robert Peel was MP for Tamworth. His Tamworth Manifesto was the birth of the modern Conservative Party

Robert Peel built Drayton Manor and his family lived there until his dastardly relative and heir. built up huge debts by gambling and living beyond his means. It caused my great grandad Alfred, great grandma Mary and their children to have to move out of the lodge in around 1924. The lodge is still there and we have struck up a friendship with the current inhabitants whose family have lived there for the last 60 years or so. They invited us in and showed us round the house. They were so nice to us! We just knocked on the door, explained who we were and our connection to the house and asked if we could take a photograph. They invited us in and showed us round. It was a grand day!