Birmingham City vs Derby County Matchday Thread

Tombo

Gone for a Brum win sadly.  Very much look forward to being proven wrong.  

Joz unlikely to play, or maybe be on the bench at best.  Jutkiewics always seems to score against us.  And I expect Deeney to come on and bludgeon his way to a debut goal.  Anyone know if Lawrence is actually fit for this one?  I'd be surprised if he is. Suspect it'll be Baldock and Stretton. 

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

Young Jason Knight is available for selection!

But Joz isn't going to feature.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/jason-knight-Derby-birmingham-rooney-5889413

If Knight was fully fit and match ready I'd very tempted to start him but it's unlikely that will be the case. Good to have him back on the bench though.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Knight being on the bench is helpful but if as stated Jozwiak doesn’t take part then maybe we will go two up front 

It's almost a sure bet we see a 4231.

I'd be surprised if the line up wasn't 

Roos

Byrne Jagielka Davies Buchanan 

Bird Shinnie

Sibley Morrison Lawrence 

Baldock

2 hours ago, brady1993 said:

It's almost a sure bet we see a 4231.

I'd be surprised if the line up wasn't 

Roos

Byrne Jagielka Davies Buchanan 

Bird Shinnie

Sibley Morrison Lawrence 

Baldock

Is Morrison back from International duty?

12 hours ago, sage said:

Is Morrison back from International duty?

11 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think so but being given the match off due to travel etc.

Ooooh that I seem to have completely missed. In that case @Sparkle it's probably more likely we go two up top than I initially gave it credit for but I still suspect we stick with the same system. Probably with Lawrence shifting to 10 and whoever is vaguely fit/available coming in on the left (maybe Watson?).

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I think we'll be ok for the first 60 odd minutes then the fact our squad is rizla thin will tell and Birmingham will see us off comfortably.

I sort of agree and sort of disagree. Give the way we've been playing I do think we will create chances  and control the game in that first hour and with Jagielka in the defence we've been giving away little. I suspect if we take our chances in that first hour we could well come away with a win; Birmingham are decent but they aren't great and definately beatable. However on the flip side if we've not got the lead then when they likely take over the game in that final half hour and one of their forwards is likely to take a chance given that they've got good options up front.

Watched Birmingham against Sheff Utd and they looked very good. It's not common for a team to play two upfront any more and it looked to cause chaos. 

I don't see us fairing too well against these, based on that performance I watched. Different day, different game. I'd say 3-1 Birmingham. We get a penalty late on and Tom Lawrence scores.