Birmingham City vs Derby County Matchday Thread

Tombo

25 minutes ago, irobinson said:

gunner be tough this one I reckon - they are free scoring and have some decent loans

Now Troy Deeney up front for them - who to be fair could terrorise any championship defence. - with his gnashers.....

A point away be great result and progress

Agree it will be tough and a point will be a good result but, I’m not sure you can describe them as free scoring. They’ve only scored 7 goals in 5 league games and 5 of those were against Luton. So, they’ve only scored 2 goals across their other 4 games and are yet to score at home in the league so, 4:0 defeat incoming. ?

Here we go. It will be good to get back to club football.

Roos

Byrne       Jagielka       Davies       Buchanan

Bird          Shinnie

Sibley        Morrisson          Jozwiak

Lawrence

Subs: Allsopp  Stearman  Williams Watson Hutchinson  Baldock  Stretton

I'm presuming Ebosele will still be out injured. If he's fit I'd have him on the bench instead of Hutchinson. If Lawrence or Jozwiak aren't 100% for different reasons, switch them to the bench for Baldock. 

26 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Here we go. It will be good to get back to club football.

Roos

Byrne       Jagielka       Davies       Buchanan

Bird          Shinnie

Sibley        Morrisson          Jozwiak

Lawrence

Subs: Allsopp  Stearman  Williams Watson Hutchinson  Baldock  Stretton

I'm presuming Ebosele will still be out injured. If he's fit I'd have him on the bench instead of Hutchinson. If Lawrence or Jozwiak aren't 100% for different reasons, switch them to the bench for Baldock. 

Joz unlikely to play, unless he doesn't play for Poland on the Weds.?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

It’s pretty unfair playing on a Friday after an international week, cheers Sky! ….I’d imagine he’d be on the bench though 

36 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I didn't realize this was a Friday game, though the international game was why I added the caveat about him. Should have checked. But I doubt he'll play the whole game on Wednesday. If he's on a high and wants to, put him in against Brum.

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Agree it will be tough and a point will be a good result but, I’m not sure you can describe them as free scoring. They’ve only scored 7 goals in 5 league games and 5 of those were against Luton. So, they’ve only scored 2 goals across their other 4 games and are yet to score at home in the league so, 4:0 defeat incoming. ?

Come on fellas we can win this dont be so down in the dumps.

3 hours ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

Either way he wont return to uk until Thursday after a Wednesday night game meaning he wont train with the squad at all ahead of friday….

Come on mate, lets try the glass half full

Been playing well for us recently, got some great experience and game time playing at the highest level in the week or so before the Brum game 

Does he really need much training time before the match. I would be happy if he just had a good long kip ?!

11 hours ago, ram59 said:

Coming from Brum and surrounded by bluenoses, this is a big game for me.

I'd take a draw now, if offered. From what I've been told, blues are playing well atm. They have got a good youngster on loan from Man U, playing wide right and have just made a great signing with Troy Deeney coming 'home' to his boyhood club. I think that they may be the surprise team of the championship this season.

Agree. 

Fantastic win at Sheff U first game

And I really rate the manager. Not a fan by any means in his playing career.....

9 minutes ago, Bianoic said:

Come on mate, lets try the glass half full

Been playing well for us recently, got some great experience and game time playing at the highest level in the week or so before the Brum game 

Does he really need much training time before the match. I would be happy if he just had a good long kip ?!

Nothing to do with him ‘needing’ training ?

But he wont have had any involvement in the match preparation. You realise they will spend the whole session prior to a game working tactically in and out of possession with the starting 11 don’t you?

Of course he may still play anyway out of necessity which is fine, but a game on a Wednesday, a flight home and another game on the friday is the stuff of nightmares for managers at all levels. 

Edited by Ravabeerbelly

30 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

You realise they will spend the whole session prior to a game working tactically in and out of possession with the starting 11 don’t you?

Would you call that rocket science for a professional footballer to pick up on ?

9 hours ago, Bianoic said:

Would you call that rocket science for a professional footballer to pick up on ?

No. I didn’t say he won’t play because of it or that I didn’t want him to him to play or that he shouldn’t play. 

I just observed that he wouldn’t even return to the uk until Thursday and wouldn’t have taken part in any training with the squad prior to fridays game ?‍♂️?‍♂️

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

How's Knight getting on? Must be getting closer to being fit?

According to the DET Jason is targeting a 10th October return date.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-injury-latest-return-5872895

Still in the gym and not yet doing outside work :(

49 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

According to the DET Jason is targeting a 10th October return date.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-injury-latest-return-5872895

Still in the gym and not yet doing outside work ?

Blooming eck that must have been some clattering from the manager