Derby County vs Middlesbrough

RadioactiveWaste

Take that. Hard game against a team of leviathans not really too interested in playing football (barring 10-15 mins in second half). Boro a horrible horrible side - but effective, so some will like the style. Ref a tool who missed so much. More composure in front of goal and we win that game. Played some decent stuff, created some decent chances. I’m not going home too disappointed (although not going anywhere at the moment as stuck in the car park ?)

3 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

Just a word on Max Bird. Last season I thought his game moving forward was good but how he managed his positioning off the ball and how he tracked players running off him needed work. He has improved this massively and has been IMO our best player this season so far. 

Unbelievable that we’ve had fans saying he should be binned as he’s league 1 at best!

11 minutes ago, San Fran Van Rams said:

Controlled the first half with the game going more into Boro's the second. Was very physical as Rooney expected and a draw against a fairly good Boro side isn't to be sniffed at. 

Sibley struggled a little today. Talent is there but they nullified his driving runs well. He did draw the best save of the match though and he will be in the goals this year if Rooney keeps playing him. Bird was quality again, recycling the ball and linking well between defense and attack. He's going to be an asset. 

That was Shinnies type of game. Physical. Lots of tackling. Lots of tracking back. Played well.

Morrison a class above at this level. Vision, touch, tackling, passing, positioning. All fantastic. Makes it all look so easy. Keep it up!! 

Obviously Jags and Davies played well, and Roos marshalled it well behind them with some big saves, good footwork and decent punches. Seems to be more confident this year than last.

Joz's ball carrying ability is some of the best in this league. Just needs that finishing touch in front of goal. Confidence to strike it and we've got a huge threat.

Not a classic match but I'll take a draw, plus forest lost so what's not to like.

Really good analysis. On Sibley, he is exciting in moments but he needs to improve his tactical awareness, positioning when the opposition have the ball and his concentration when committing himself in closing players down. Basically get better at the duller side of the game

Edited by Orphanram

6 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

Just a word on Max Bird. Last season I thought his game moving forward was good but how he managed his positioning off the ball and how he tracked players running off him needed work. He has improved this massively and has been IMO our best player this season so far. 

He definitely has improved in those areas. In the first 2 games I felt it was almost hindering him as an attacking threat, he was playing very safe. I've not watched the last 2 games, if he's now finding that balance, which it sounds like he did today, then that is great news.

Was my pick for “surprise package” this season, there is a very good player in there.

Good battling performance, ref awful Warnock got them for them last week and speaking on talksport this week. Still think if we can get a good forward in somehow then we’re going to be alright. Fans, we were awesome again ?? 

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

This one was

Wasting time at 0-0 and spending half the game rolling around feigning injury is not what I want to see from any Boro side. 

Just wish we'd been a bit more pragmatic at the end of the game vs Peterborough then we could have been unbeaten this season so far.