Time to walk away Wayne

DCFC_Sloth

3 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

Interesting stat for you all - we've been ahead at some point in the 2nd half in the last 6 competitive games - and won none of them

So we are capable of getting ahead but can't maintain it

Is that down to Rooney or the players switching off ?

Or inadequate coaching to mitigate against that.

15 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

Interesting stat for you all - we've been ahead at some point in the 2nd half in the last 6 competitive games - and won none of them

So we are capable of getting ahead but can't maintain it

Is that down to Rooney or the players switching off ?

I don't think we were ahead in the second half v Huddersfield? I haven't checked the other five.

13 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Wazza is not going to walk away from £50,000 a week , doing a job he has no qualifications for . With the likes of Roy Mac and Eric Steele constantly covering for him because he is a “Celebrity”.  Crikey me we could have got Katie Price for £2k a week!

She’d definitely play two up top but leave gaping holes down the middle 

Edited by Bald Eagle's Barmy Army

11 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Wazza is not going to walk away from £50,000 a week , doing a job he has no qualifications for . With the likes of Roy Mac and Eric Steele constantly covering for him because he is a “Celebrity”.  Crikey me we could have got Katie Price for £2k a week!

Old news. Down to less than £50 per night now.

3A89BDE5-A50B-4E0D-A55E-561C5C56FCA1.jpeg

8 hours ago, Sport Billy said:

Our good run coincided with Bielik being in the team ,b it ended when he got injured , absolutely nothing to do with Rooney's management 

Bielik had some impact undoubtedly, he's a fantastic player. But I do believe Rooney simplifying the game for the players was a reason for a good run too. We played better football than we did under Cocu, and most importantly it was more effective. We won the two games after the game in which Bielik was injured.

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

I'm just wondering what the win bonuses would have been.

17 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Rooney is going to be a top manager. He understands tactics and knows what is required to be successful.

We'll be singing his name from the rooftops when we get promoted.

I hope you’re right.

But if Lawrence and CKR had been fit, he would have picked them today. So he’s not the finished article 

I've been away for a week until last night and for my sanity stayed off here. 

Scanning through this I'm quite surprised with some of the comments and will offer a different viewpoint. 

Having seen the first four games of the season, and having been at three of them, I think we're seeing a more progressive style of football and, almost for the first time under Rooney, discernible patterns of play and an emerging sense of what we're trying to do.

We've won two, drawn one and lost one. The defeat at Peterborough wan't down to Rooney, it was down to player errors, both of which got punished.

I'm under no doubt this will be a long hard season, but we've started better than I'd thought and for Derby to take the lead in all three league games so far is something I'd never have predicted, especially given the players at our disposal. It looks to me that Rooney is starting to make his mark. It might not be good enough, who knows, but the early signs are that it's progress from last season, that's for sure. 

7 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

I've been away for a week until last night and for my sanity stayed off here. 

Scanning through this I'm quite surprised with some of the comments and will offer a different viewpoint. 

Having seen the first four games of the season, and having been at three of them, I think we're seeing a more progressive style of football and, almost for the first time under Rooney, discernible patterns of play and an emerging sense of what we're trying to do.

We've won two, drawn one and lost one. The defeat at Peterborough wan't down to Rooney, it was down to player errors, both of which got punished.

I'm under no doubt this will be a long hard season, but we've started better than I'd thought and for Derby to take the lead in all three league games so far is something I'd never have predicted, especially given the players at our disposal. It looks to me that Rooney is starting to make his mark. It might not be good enough, who knows, but the early signs are that it's progress from last season, that's for sure. 

Hmmm.  In Rooney’s early days we saw some of the fluency we saw yesterday. There is a core of players who generate that fluency and who thrive on it. Too often, those players have not been picked. 

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Hmmm.  In Rooney’s early days we saw some of the fluency we saw yesterday. There is a core of players who generate that fluency and who thrive on it. Too often, those players have not been picked. 

Too often we haven't the squad to pick them and last season, most of it was spent 'fire-fighting'. So whilst our current squad is still thin it's still too soon to know where we're going with it.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Too often we haven't the squad to pick them and last season, most of it was spent 'fire-fighting'. So whilst our current squad is still thin it's still too soon to know where we're going with it.

Based on last night it will be interesting to see what starting 11 is picked for the next match assuming others are available