Time to walk away Wayne

DCFC_Sloth

47 minutes ago, DCFC_Sloth said:

8 points from the last 51 available. 
1 win in 18. 
Surely it’s time for him to accept this job is, understandably, too much for him and do the right thing and walk away. Install Mac until the end of the season and try to regain some kind of positive and understandable style of play. 

Joz and Byrne gave them the game today. A game that we should have drawn or won. Not the fault of Rooney.

3 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

The problem at this football club is not the manager.

That being said, I do not like this tactic we attempt to execute while in possession.

The full backs go right up the pitch as wingers, the holding midfielders go to full back, the attacking midfielders drop in and try and dictate things from deep.

It just leaves us so open and disjointed. When it breaks down, we're at sixes and sevens.

We want to see more from our captain Tom Lawrence this season, but we won't if he's playing as a defensive midfielder. 

It just doesn't work. Stop doing it. 

image.gif.5efc6c23eb001e036c2eb2caf267b2e8.gif

47 minutes ago, DCFC_Sloth said:

8 points from the last 51 available. 
1 win in 18. 
Surely it’s time for him to accept this job is, understandably, too much for him and do the right thing and walk away. Install Mac until the end of the season and try to regain some kind of positive and understandable style of play. 

If you think Rooney is the main cause of the malaise in this club, you want putting down 

22 minutes ago, Addingham Ram said:

But when we are in the position we are in, very small squad, lack of experienced players, lack of confidence, why is our inexperienced manager not keeping things simple.

Today we had Lawrence touching the ball more times taking the ball from the centre backs than in the attacking half of the field.

Graham Shinnie appeared to be playing at left back.

We had centre halfs taking goal kicks, passing the ball 5 yards to Roos, immediately putting the defence under pressure as Peterborough sussed it out.

We wasted free kicks trying to be clever when all we needed was a ball into the box where our big men were waiting.

Then Wayne brings off Morrison and brings on Joz to close the game out.

I'm struggling to see how any of it makes sense.

Yes, it's easy to say would anyone be calling for Wayne to go if we had held on for a win, but let's face it, a win would only have papered over the cracks which are showing no signs of disappearing.

I knew that we were in trouble when Joz came on. A defender would have done.

Just now, KBB said:

100%

The coaches are overthinking and in their own heads. It makes about 6 players out of position when there is a turn over.

Everyone goes on about pretty, attacking football, fluid passing moves. At the moment I would be happy with matt smith up front and smash it at him for 90mins and go from there.

I'm sick of it. Why do we have to make it look so complicated.

I thought this under Cocu, overcoaching. When Wayne got the job, he talked about simplifying things for the players and I liked the sound of that. And actually I think that was one of the big reasons why we went on that good run. What happened to that?

Football is a simple game, just let the players play. 

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

I thought this under Cocu, overcoaching. When Wayne got the job, he talked about simplifying things for the players and I liked the sound of that. And actually I think that was one of the big reasons why we went on that good run. What happened to that?

The problem is if we don’t try to have the majority of possession and complicate the game. Players will play. What you seem to not understand is the opposition players are better than ours and the more they play the more they will score against our threadbare side/squad 

10 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

The problem at this football club is not the manager.

That being said, I do not like this tactic we attempt to execute while in possession.

The full backs go right up the pitch as wingers, the holding midfielders go to full back, the attacking midfielders drop in and try and dictate things from deep.

It just leaves us so open and disjointed. When it breaks down, we're at sixes and sevens.

We want to see more from our captain Tom Lawrence this season, but we won't if he's playing as a defensive midfielder. 

It just doesn't work. Stop doing it. 

Spot on.  And I really don’t get Davies taking goal kicks to pass it 3 yards to Roos.  What’s all that about?  I do like how we’re now having players on or around the halfway line when we’re defending a corner.  Makes it much easier to defend and gives you an outlet instead of the ball coming straight back.

13 minutes ago, KBB said:

100%

The coaches are overthinking and in their own heads. It makes about 6 players out of position when there is a turn over.

Everyone goes on about pretty, attacking football, fluid passing moves. At the moment I would be happy with matt smith up front and smash it at him for 90mins and go from there.

23 minutes ago, Rosythram said:

All the candidates from within have been tried and unless uncle Mel relinquished control, what on this earth makes you think he will try them again?

Because he has form for this kind of thing. He's already tried one of them twice.

Irrelevant really though. Rooney won't be sacked as long as Mel is in charge, because we can't afford to. 

I said it over and over again last season. Rooney’s biggest mistake by a mile was to not appoint an experienced number 2. He needs help and a steady hand to help him. This will be a major reason why he fails, added to the shambles that is our club currently. 

Edited by ollycutts1982

5 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

He has simplified it for the players - to the point where they haven't got a clue what they're supposed to do so spend most of the game running round like headless chickens......I've lost count of the number of games where you can see the structure and formation of the opposition team, but we're (whether deliberate or a consequnce of pooor coaching) so fluid that it's not clear who's supposed to be doing what.....

1 minute ago, 1967RAMS said:

The problem is if we don’t try to have the majority of possession and complicate the game. Players will play. What you seem to not understand is the opposition players are better than ours and the more they play the more they will score against our threadbare side/squad 

Nonsense. You reckon the best way to get results with average players is to complicate the game for them? And I know we have a poor side, but you're talking as if we have no chance in any game we play.

8 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Totally. Really don’t understand who on Earth comes up with our goal kick? Football tactic over-philosophy ?

Just now, Ellafella said:

Totally. Really don’t understand who on Earth comes up with our goal kick? Football tactic over-philosophy ?

Italy used the same tactic at the Euro's.

Mind, it didn't then end up with them smashing the ball long and hopeful.

3 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I was completely baffled by most of the things we tried to do before Sibley came on.

Non of it made any sense, who on earth thought it was a good idea?

4 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Nonsense. You reckon the best way to get results with average players is to complicate the game for them? And I know we have a poor side, but you're talking as if we have no chance in any game we play.

We do have a chance but not by playing open expansive football. We will lose 90% of the games. The only chance is to stifle the opposition and protect our woeful defence 

Just now, 1967RAMS said:

We do have a chance but not by playing open expansive football. We will lose 90% of the games. The only chance is to stifle the opposition and protect our woeful defence 

To be honest I don't actually know what we're trying to do. It looks as though we're trying to play expansively, but really badly. There must be another way. 

2 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

To be honest I don't actually know what we're trying to do. It looks as though we're trying to play expansively, but really badly. There must be another way. 

I was okay with it in preseason with the trialists playing it. But without them. *shrug*

7 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Yeah agree but at a loss to suggest a practical solution. I think they are trying to only lose by the odd goal, with the chance of a draw or sneaking a 1-0 rather than getting pumped every game. Gonna be a long, horrible season.