Time to walk away Wayne

DCFC_Sloth

7 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Last season you were telling us how bad our players were, you did the same through the summer and into this season. 

I understand why you do it. Doesn’t make it right, but I understand.

Give me some quotes thanks. I don't think our players are bad. Last season we needed a goal scorer and got one in Gregory. Edmundson was a good loan. The youngsters understandably struggled in a very difficult season. This season we need a goal scorer and needed some of the trialists we didn't get, plus some loans. But we're playing better football.

You don't understand at all. ?

Edited by RoyMac5

11 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Our technical ability is fairly good throughout the squad as has been proven in patches with our passing triangles and movement in the middle third. 

We have a strong and experienced CB pairing for this division in Davies and Jags with decent FB’s for this level as well.

We have a very strong attacking midfield with players like Lawrence, Morrison, Sibley, Jozwiak.

When fit we have three decent and varied striker options in CKR, Stretton and Baldock.

Gotta find a way to get those jigsaw puzzle pieces to fit and complement each other.

Good bit of editing, I had to delete what I was going to post, Agreed.

My only gripe with the "Our technical ability is fairly good throughout the squad" is, Hudds dropped 2 points when winning, Peterboro dropped 3 points when winning, Forest dropped 2 points when winning, Is, Giving silly goals away, Our technical albility has a lot to be desired atm.

3 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

My only gripe with the "Our technical ability is fairly good throughout the squad" is, Hudds dropped 2 points when winning, Peterboro dropped 3 points when winning, Forest dropped 2 points when winning, Is, Giving silly goals away, Our technical albility has a lot to be desired atm.

Yeah sorry about the edit. Meant to say then got distracted and pressed post and went back when I realised i’d missed it.

5 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Didn’t see the Hudds game so can’t comment, but to me the problem in both the Forest and Peterborough games was like last night- getting worked out. 

Against Forest it was similar to last night, they switched it around pressed higher, set traps and we didn’t react/have a plan to deal with it and we conceded.

Peterborough was a bit different in that we were trying out some really bizarre stuff (the splitting CDMs and the CB’s and keeper all on the 6 yard line for goal kicks). Peterborough kept pushing and finally got their reward.

I think our technical ability really shines in the middle third and sometimes the final third but we haven’t worked out how to link up that defensive third yet. We have some very good defenders, but are asking too much from them to be ball players in a division that applies merciless pressure. I’d love to know how much time Roos has possession of the ball vs other keepers in the division!

I think he's done a massive amount of growing as a manager already and I think he does a great job of preparing the team for games. Results and performances aren't perfect but I can't think of a game so far this year or for much of last year where we looked caught out by the opposition or what they were going to do (not the same as making an error, I'm looking bigger picture style of play stuff) which has been the case at Derby for years.

His understanding of the game is underrated and he's going to be a top manager.

That said...its not been all that fantastic. But he is the least of our problems

23 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Didn’t see the Hudds game so can’t comment, but to me the problem in both the Forest and Peterborough games was like last night- getting worked out. 

Against Forest it was similar to last night, they switched it around pressed higher, set traps and we didn’t react/have a plan to deal with it and we conceded.

Peterborough was a bit different in that we were trying out some really bizarre stuff (the splitting CDMs and the CB’s and keeper all on the 6 yard line for goal kicks). Peterborough kept pushing and finally got their reward.

I think our technical ability really shines in the middle third and sometimes the final third but we haven’t worked out how to link up that defensive third yet. We have some very good defenders, but are asking too much from them to be ball players in a division that applies merciless pressure. I’d love to know how much time Roos has possession of the ball vs other keepers in the division!

I watched Chelsea Vs Villa earlier on, Chelsea play the exact same, They were caught out once trying to hold onto the ball and Villa caught Saul in possesion, Any road, What Chelsea can do that we can't is, Once the back 4 have the ball they're looking to their midfield to exploit space in the middle of the park, Which they do very well, It can be a 10 yard pass or a 20 yard pass, It in most cases finds their man, We unfortunately keep playing the ball across the back 4 which leaves the opposition 2 things, Our back 4 get closed down, And midfield are picked up, Now in no way am I putting us in the same mould as Chelsea, Just as Brum are no Villa, Villa had as many if not more chances than Chelsea, But Chelsea have Lukaku, A target man with pace and strength, Villa had 2 leightweight forwards in Ings and Wakins...Goals wins you games, And it's goals that will be our down fall imo.

If WR wants to keep a passing game then he has to work out or instill movement, Control and pass around the opposition, And not taking too many passes backwards and side ways, We hear about togetherness in the camp, They had better bring this togetherness onto the pitch, With what we have it's going to be a tough ask.

6 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Give me some quotes thanks. I don't think our players are bad. Last season we needed a goal scorer and got one in Gregory. Edmundson was a good loan. The youngsters understandably struggled in a very difficult season. This season we need a goal scorer and needed some of the trialists we didn't get, plus some loans. But we're playing better football.

You don't understand at all. ?

On 23/04/2021 at 07:34, RoyMac5 said:

We're such a poor squad currently can you imagine what 'even' Eustace could achieve!?

On 02/05/2021 at 11:11, RoyMac5 said:

So why didn't Cocu strengthen the squad after the end of season slide - he took us to the bottom of the league instead. Love how it's Rooney's fault Cocu kept picking him. Or that he would have led the squads incomprehension at Cocu's training & tactics.

We got lucky with Colin, he asked to train with us. I suppose there were no other options for Cocu? No loans?

The squad is very poor and if you chose to blame Rooney for that so be it. But Cocu did little with it either.

On 07/04/2021 at 05:47, RoyMac5 said:

Undoubtedly we have a poor squad, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be happy we have shifted on some 'average' players, on no doubt silly wages as they were signed/resigned under Lampard.

On 14/08/2021 at 12:52, RoyMac5 said:

Because he's shown enough in preseason to show if we can get the players in we'll have a reasonable season. The quality of the squad atm is poor. Do you really think Davies and Stearman are our chosen CB pairing, rather than just the only two we could sign?

On 05/05/2021 at 08:52, RoyMac5 said:

Wisdom is injured and Waghorn is absolute crap.

ps Stretton is out too.

On 20/04/2021 at 16:20, RoyMac5 said:

I'm not sure. This lot of players are awful - the effort on the pitch mostly came from the loans. The rest were playing like they were underwater.

Only spent a couple of mins on it, but there must be loads more if I really wanted to waste my time!

Case closed M’lud!

44 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I watched Chelsea Vs Villa earlier on, Chelsea play the exact same, They were caught out once trying to hold onto the ball and Villa caught Saul in possesion, Any road, What Chelsea can do that we can't is, Once the back 4 have the ball they're looking to their midfield to exploit space in the middle of the park, Which they do very well, It can be a 10 yard pass or a 20 yard pass, It in most cases finds their man, We unfortunately keep playing the ball across the back 4 which leaves the opposition 2 things, Our back 4 get closed down, And midfield are picked up, Now in no way am I putting us in the same mould as Chelsea, Just as Brum are no Villa, Villa had as many if not more chances than Chelsea, But Chelsea have Lukaku, A target man with pace and strength, Villa had 2 leightweight forwards in Ings and Wakins...Goals wins you games, And it's goals that will be our down fall imo.

If WR wants to keep a passing game then he has to work out or instill movement, Control and pass around the opposition, And not taking too many passes backwards and side ways, We hear about togetherness in the camp, They had better bring this togetherness onto the pitch, With what we have it's going to be a tough ask.

And that is exactly what Rooney means by the team needing to be braver on the ball. 

59 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Only spent a couple of mins on it, but there must be loads more if I really wanted to waste my time!

Case closed M’lud!

Yes, we do have a poor squad - no depth! ? I imagine the Waghorn is crap was before his one game for the season. ? The quality of the squad is poor - where is the depth? Eustace would indeed be handy. ?

I'm really not seeing what you're trying to prove here. 

We have a wafer thin squad some of whom are not currently up to playing a whole game, never mind a whole season! 

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Up until their goal I actually thought we played really well from the back. We managed to turn and play forward and beat their press however the goal we conceded just ruined our game plan. We still haven’t overturned going a goal down in 28 games 

31 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes, we do have a poor squad - no depth! ? I imagine the Waghorn is crap was before his one game for the season. ? The quality of the squad is poor - where is the depth? Eustace would indeed be handy. ?

I'm really not seeing what you're trying to prove here. 

We have a wafer thin squad some of whom are not currently up to playing a whole game, never mind a whole season! 

image.gif.05a98544667e1054ff9adb8d8ea49c69.gif

3 hours ago, Tombo said:

but I can't think of a game so far this year or for much of last year where we looked caught out by the opposition or what they were going to do

You hit the nail on the head here. Our problem is not how we start. Instead, unfortunately, we have two problems: 

1 if it’s not working, how do we change it? ... we don’t know

2  if it’s working but they change it to stop it working, what do we do next  ?   ... we don’t know

Both of these problems are an inevitable consequence of putting a rookie manager against an experienced one

17 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Probably as a result of playing rubbish teams themselves.

Fulham aside, I think the rest of their opponents are currently in the botton eight or so.

Or maybe they're actually better than most people thought they were going to be. 

Blackpool beat Fulham yesterday btw, so maybe Huddersfield have only played crap teams so far... 

8 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

You hit the nail on the head here. Our problem is not how we start. Instead, unfortunately, we have two problems: 

2  if it’s working but they change it to stop it working, what do we do next  ?   ... we don’t know

Both of these problems are an inevitable consequence of putting a rookie manager against an experienced one

Or, having a small partly inexperienced squad who don't even cover all positions particularly well. The rookie manager said he needed more players in.

Edited by RoyMac5

11 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Lee Bowyer would have been a decent appointment.....