Time to walk away Wayne

DCFC_Sloth

1 hour ago, DCFC_Sloth said:

I don’t think I would have made the post, but I don’t think a win today would do any more than paper over the cracks. 2 wins in 18 and 11 points still is far from good enough. 

Would you not agree that regardless of the situation surrounding the club, that Rooney has the tools available on the pitch to get more points than he has? 

I think only just in the starting line up. The bench isn’t anywhere strong enough at present to make any necessary changes.

I don’t think Rooney going will solve our issues as the squad is still the same, and I feel uncomfortable judging him until he can get more players in.

5 hours ago, DCFC_Sloth said:

8 points from the last 51 available. 
1 win in 18. 
Surely it’s time for him to accept this job is, understandably, too much for him and do the right thing and walk away. Install Mac until the end of the season and try to regain some kind of positive and understandable style of play. 

Never mind all that!
How about you hang your head in shame, for missing the gaping opportunity to win the thread title of year...

Just walk away, Rooneh!

#Absolute Shrambles!  ?

We are stuck with him. We can’t afford to get rid as the pay off would be huge. We can’t really afford to keep him as he has major flaws as a coach. I firmly believe he is blagging it now, I have no idea what style we have bar boring. I’m all for boring if we win but wtf.. Did someone say 8pts from 51 !!!
We are in a bad place right now.. I really can’t see any positives in any aspect of the club bar the fans at the moment. Hats off to those who went today, you did all you can do. That starting 11 should be winning games but there is a big gap to what we have on the bench. Any injuries are just going to kill us.. 

To be fair, we knew this was coming and we are going to take some big defeats this season I fear. No choice but to stick with the guys wearing the shirt.. I’m not going to weigh in Byrne and Joz, they made mistakes.. We will need them at various parts of the season and we need their experience to hopefully rub off onto the kids. Losing 1-2 at Peterborough is bad but hang onto your hats ladies and gents, it could well get worse before it gets better.

12 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Mel wants to sell the club and he thought that Rooneys name would help that to happen.

Mel has form given unqualified managers a job, look at Lampard when he joined.

For now how can Rooney perform miracles with the squad he has and due to efl, no ability to invest.

Whilst miracles are nice, utilising what we’ve got will suffice.

I expect the squad to struggle, but I think there’s enough ability to avoid relegation. 

3 hours ago, Rammeister said:

I think only just in the starting line up. The bench isn’t anywhere strong enough at present to make any necessary changes.

I don’t think Rooney going will solve our issues as the squad is still the same, and I feel uncomfortable judging him until he can get more players in.

Whilst i agree we lack depth and that is certainly going to hurt us as the season goes on, the 11 that started the game and the options he had from the bench to add to our attacking force should have been more than enough to beat Peterborough. This run also includes a lot of last season when he was able to pick from a larger squad and he still failed to successfully deploy the personnel and tactics to get positive results. 

4 hours ago, Rammeister said:

100% agree. I don't think any manager would have a chance with this waifer thin squad.

9 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

I'm sick of it. Why do we have to make it look so complicated.

I thought this under Cocu, overcoaching. When Wayne got the job, he talked about simplifying things for the players and I liked the sound of that. And actually I think that was one of the big reasons why we went on that good run. What happened to that?

Football is a simple game, just let the players play. 

Our good run coincided with Bielik being in the team ,b it ended when he got injured , absolutely nothing to do with Rooney's management 

6 hours ago, DCFC_Sloth said:

Whilst i agree we lack depth and that is certainly going to hurt us as the season goes on, the 11 that started the game and the options he had from the bench to add to our attacking force should have been more than enough to beat Peterborough. This run also includes a lot of last season when he was able to pick from a larger squad and he still failed to successfully deploy the personnel and tactics to get positive results. 

From his post match interview his view is 'we were clearly the better team and a couple of lapses in concentration cost us...'

That worries me no end. Seems to suggest he thinks if it wasn't for individual errors we clearly deserved to win and those are errors that can't be legislated for and are beyond the coaches control. 

We were 'so so' at best. Horrible mess of a midfield at times which was incredibly negative against a team totally lacking in confidence. So many players dropping deep to collect the ball there was no one up front to pass to. Just give Morrison the job and dispense with either Shinnie or Bird. Watching it also felt like giving your full backs the job of pushing forward is getting them in the way of the natural width of Ebosele and Joz but also means they aren't concentrating on the most important thing - stopping the crosses and tracking their man in the box. 

We don't have depth but we certainly have a starting XI that could win matches. IRC burley had to put up with a lot of nonsense off the field when the 3 amigo's were 'running' the club but he still picked up some results. 

I appreciate that we can't afford to sack him but would one option be to put him on gardening leave and put maclaren in charge until we have new owners?

Anyone pick up Rooney’s comment after match on the embargo and potential to get someone in to replace Kazim, I heard on Sky he said “Im not asking for any favours” but then reading the Steve Nicholson article he also said “that is where we have allowed ourselves to get and that is what we are stuck with”. Interesting comment  and seems to me the siege mentality he seems to be trying to foster does not include the club ownership…

58 minutes ago, baiano27 said:

We don't have depth but we certainly have a starting XI that could win matches. IRC burley had to put up with a lot of nonsense off the field when the 3 amigo's were 'running' the club but he still picked up some results. 

I appreciate that we can't afford to sack him but would one option be to put him on gardening leave and put maclaren in charge until we have new owners?

There is one big issue about putting Maclaren in, we don’t know if he actually wants to do it. There are not many managers who would want to work under the pressures the club currently has. If the embargo was gone and even minimal funds available I imagine the job suddenly becomes more attractive. 

Edited by muttley72

Brian Clough said that there was a lot of rubbish talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes. He's still right. We've got a tiny squad, packed with old pro's on their last contract, and kids on their first.

Claw it back to win midweek and Rooney's star is rising. Blow it yesterday and he's clueless and needs sacking. It's pathetic.

Sack the manager? We couldn't if we wanted to, but it's ALL about the players. We're battling but we're short. Until that can change, we are where we are and all the squealing and whining only hurts us. Best thing is to put our big boy pants on, accept reality, and support rather than whinge.

We've been getting ourselves in winning positions in a lot of these games and the players have imploded and found a way to lose or draw.  Theres a losing mentality that Rooney has to be partly to blame for but I don't think you can blame the manager when players switch off, don't track bacjk or don't have the desire to win headers etc and that's how most of our goals have been conceded. 

2 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

Interesting stat for you all - we've been ahead at some point in the 2nd half in the last 6 competitive games - and won none of them

So we are capable of getting ahead but can't maintain it

Is that down to Rooney or the players switching off ?

It’s down to the manager, you can’t always blame floundering from winning positions on players ‘switching off’