Time to walk away Wayne

DCFC_Sloth

I have great respect for Rooney as a player, I admire his desire to continue to be involved in football through management and it's a fact that he has inherited a poisoned chalice, but hey, the guy is clueless. Anyone who sticks Roos between the uprights and asks him to play pretty football should stick to Lego! 

Ah well, it'll soon be Xmas, I might get some new golf clubs from Santa! 

1 hour ago, Ibby said:

You want him out after tonight ?

Nope. I don't want to see the club burdoned with another debt they can't pay and I'm not convinced that a more experienced manager would either take the job or make a better fist of it under the circumstances. That's not to say I think he's doing a brilliant job, before you ask your next utterly pointless badly-worded question. 

10 hours ago, Crewton said:

Nope. I don't want to see the club burdoned with another debt they can't pay and I'm not convinced that a more experienced manager would either take the job or make a better fist of it under the circumstances. That's not to say I think he's doing a brilliant job, before you ask your next utterly pointless badly-worded question. 

I thought we mostly passed the ball around at pace. We looked confident doing it too. We missed Joz and a.n.other player to run at them. But (and it's a bit repetitive) mostly we missed having a goal threat. I like the look of the way we play, it is possession with the aim of getting forward at pace. 

We would have looked a stronger team even if Rooney had been allowed to sign more free agents and any loans. Aluko, Carroll, Gregory(?), Mengi, Edmundson(?) etc would all have made a difference. The squad is so thin, and we can't even play all our U23s! Talk about difficult.

Edited by RoyMac5

Rooney was a great player. For some reason when applying for a managerial job a playing history carries more weight than it perhaps it should. A good manager, or head coach as it may be in 2021, needs above all to have the ability to teach, he can have as many international caps as you like , if he cannot organise, react to in game situations and teach his players coherently his playing career  is irrelevant.

In the Premier League 16 of the managers did not win any caps at all only Hassenhuttl 8 with Austria, Solskjaer 67 with Norway, Vieira  107 for France and Guardiola 47 for Spain have caps.

There are few great players that have the ability to become great managers. In the Premier League perhaps only Guardiola can have the great tag for both codes. That is what management is, it is a different code to playing requiring a completely different skill set.

The question about Rooney is does he have the managerial skill set?

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I thought we mostly passed the ball around at pace. We looked confident doing it too. We missed Joz and a.n.other player to run at them. But (and it's a bit repetitive) mostly we missed having a goal threat. I like the look of the way we play, it is possession with the aim of getting forward at pace. 

We would have looked a stronger team even if Rooney had been allowed to sign more free agents and any loans. Aluko, Carroll, Gregory(?), Mengi, Edmundson(?) etc would all have made a difference. The squad is so thin, and we can't even play all our U23s! Talk about difficult.

I agree with all of that. Last night, after starting brightly but going behind when we looked fairly comfortable, we needed an alternative to our small guys up front, full-backs on the wing and elderly centre-backs who lack mobility and pace. We don't have it.

55 minutes ago, Bladderwrack said:

The question about Rooney is does he have the managerial skill set?

At this stage in his management career I’d wager that’s a no. 

Should’ve followed JT’s route and done his time first. For all the “impossible job” claptrap I’d still like to see someone else given a go at Derby.