Jump to content

Time to walk away Wayne


 Share

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, DCFC_Sloth said:

8 points from the last 51 available. 
1 win in 18. 
Surely it’s time for him to accept this job is, understandably, too much for him and do the right thing and walk away. Install Mac until the end of the season and try to regain some kind of positive and understandable style of play. 

Question is, would you have posted this if we’d hung on for the final 10 mins of added time and got the win?

Edited by Rammeister
Added time, not Extra Time
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't want Rooney as manager.

I didn't want him at the club in the first place.

But the club is in a terrible state. The squad is the poorest it's been for years.

And yet, Rooney has been very dignified throughout the past couple of very difficult months.*

I'm not sure any manager could save us this season.

We need a new owner, ownership of the stadium and an end to the EFL soap opera. Then we can have a total reset.

* Personal life excluded.

Edited by IslandExile
Personal life excluded
Link to comment
Share on other sites

But when we are in the position we are in, very small squad, lack of experienced players, lack of confidence, why is our inexperienced manager not keeping things simple.

Today we had Lawrence touching the ball more times taking the ball from the centre backs than in the attacking half of the field.

Graham Shinnie appeared to be playing at left back.

We had centre halfs taking goal kicks, passing the ball 5 yards to Roos, immediately putting the defence under pressure as Peterborough sussed it out.

We wasted free kicks trying to be clever when all we needed was a ball into the box where our big men were waiting.

Then Wayne brings off Morrison and brings on Joz to close the game out.

I'm struggling to see how any of it makes sense.

Yes, it's easy to say would anyone be calling for Wayne to go if we had held on for a win, but let's face it, a win would only have papered over the cracks which are showing no signs of disappearing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I don't want Rooney as manager.

I didn't want him at the club in the first place.

But the club is in a terrible state. The squad is the poorest it's been for years.

And yet, Rooney has been very dignified throughout the past couple of very difficult months.

I'm not sure any manager could save us this season.

We need a new owner, ownership of the stadium and an end to the EFL soap opera. Then we can have a total reset.

Unfortunately dignified doesn’t get you points. Whether a change would make a difference who knows but his record speaks for itself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, DCFC_Sloth said:

8 points from the last 51 available. 
1 win in 18. 
Surely it’s time for him to accept this job is, understandably, too much for him and do the right thing and walk away. Install Mac until the end of the season and try to regain some kind of positive and understandable style of play. 

When are Derby fans going to smell the coffee?

Rooney is manager by default, but in fairness no one else would entertain us whilst the EFL and Mel have got this vitriol towards each other.

It’s way overdue for Derby County supporters to understand the complexity of the situation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rosythram said:

When are Derby fans going to smell the coffee?

Rooney is manager by default, but in fairness no one else would entertain us whilst the EFL and Mel have got this vitriol towards each other.

It’s way overdue for Derby County supporters to understand the complexity of the situation.

Recruit from within 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Unfortunately dignified doesn’t get you points. Whether a change would make a difference who knows but his record speaks for itself.

Yup.

The time to have sacked him was last season.

Clearly, if we cannot afford Shay Given's salary, we cannot afford Rooney's compensation package.

Maybe gardening leave just as a damage limitation exercise?

But, I'm not sure anything will really change until the ownership changes. That's not even a criticism of Mel, there's enough doing that. We just need a new era to begin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Recruit from within 👍

All the candidates from within have been tried and unless uncle Mel relinquished control, what on this earth makes you think he will try them again?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, sage said:

90% of our problems aren't down to the manager. I'm not saying he is a great or even good manager, but we have other priorities at the minute. 

This is true but equally you wonder whether a different manager may be able to extract the extra 5%-10% from the players, that we need to survive.

Not the problem, but certainly problem or at the very least not the solution. It may well be difficult to change the manager now, it’s sheer lunacy we tied ourselves to two more years of him when we made him manager.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Addingham Ram said:

Then Wayne brings off Morrison and brings on Joz to close the game out.

Yes, strange one. I do wonder whether this was about his metrics etc showing that he was becoming less effective/or getting tired.

Given our lack of quality and the faith WR has in Ravel, I’d be surprised if he took him off because he thought Kamil was a better option.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The problem at this football club is not the manager.

That being said, I do not like this tactic we attempt to execute while in possession.

The full backs go right up the pitch as wingers, the holding midfielders go to full back, the attacking midfielders drop in and try and dictate things from deep.

It just leaves us so open and disjointed. When it breaks down, we're at sixes and sevens.

We want to see more from our captain Tom Lawrence this season, but we won't if he's playing as a defensive midfielder. 

It just doesn't work. Stop doing it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

The problem at this football club is not the manager.

That being said, I do not like this tactic we attempt to execute while in possession.

The full backs go right up the pitch as wingers, the holding midfielders go to full back, the attacking midfielders drop in and try and dictate things from deep.

It just leaves us so open and disjointed. When it breaks down, we're at sixes and sevens.

We want to see more from our captain Tom Lawrence this season, but we won't if he's playing as a defensive midfielder. 

It just doesn't work. Stop doing it. 

100%

The coaches are overthinking and in their own heads. It makes about 6 players out of position when there is a turn over.

Everyone goes on about pretty, attacking football, fluid passing moves. At the moment I would be happy with matt smith up front and smash it at him for 90mins and go from there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.