Time to walk away Wayne

DCFC_Sloth

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Might be a masochist ?

Saying that all in all the games I've gone to this season so far the crowd have been very supportive of Rooney so why wouldn't he?

Because the minute he did not buy Carlos Costapacket for a very reasonable £10million and numerous other expensive acquisitions all on expensive wages then the criticism would start; 

* No ambition

* why won't he spend all his money on the club

* The price of burgers in the concourse are too expensive

* We want free away game transport

* we hate the new kit 

*Rooney out

* We need a new owner*

etc etc etc etc

The key to buying DCFC is to be able to fund the burn rate of cash required to satisfy the aspirations of the supporters.

7 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:
  On 31/08/2021 at 19:28, Charlotte Ram said:

His net worth is $170million, approx £125million, so yes he could buy it but with all the criticism he has received on here, why would he?

Quite possible he has thought of getting a group together to buy us. Not least because the lack of control over squad options must be driving him mad. But do you think Mel would sell to him ?

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Quite possible he has thought of getting a group together to buy us. Not least because the lack of control over squad options must be driving him mad. But do you think Mel would sell to him ?

I don’t believe Mel is very choosy when considering potential purchasers.... 

On 19/08/2021 at 10:18, tomsdubs said:

I imagine we'll try and rotate the CBs due to age, can't see Jagielka playing out a full season at his age.

Forty matches left, 95 minutes a game = 63 hours spread over the next 8.5 months. Sure, there are travelling hours to add in, but 63 hours of activity is going to be too much for two fit footballers, who've probably trained at the highest level for 30 years?

51 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

Forty matches left, 95 minutes a game = 63 hours spread over the next 8.5 months. Sure, there are travelling hours to add in, but 63 hours of activity is going to be too much for two fit footballers, who've probably trained at the highest level for 30 years?

Hey....you aren't taking account of our sure fire magnificent cup run.... ?

Good to be back posting again

My thoughts of Wayne is nothing but praise, bringing in good experience pros, to mix it up the the youth, was so important, having no money, but for me with want he has at his disposal he is doing a great job, also love the way we are trying to play, so many positives, around the squad and coaching staff. 

Just need a takeover now, and to come out of the embargo, to give Wayne the help he and the coaches and playing staff deserve. 

On 03/09/2021 at 20:17, Macintosh said:

What has travelling time got to do with anything? Asking players of that age to play high intensity games for a full season will undoubtedly be tough for them and will incur injuries. Davies has been injured a reasonable amount last couple of years. How many other 39 year olds in this league are playing a full season? How many other over 35s? Struggling to think of any off the top of my head, maybe a keeper can do it but CB is a completely different proposition.

3 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

What has travelling time got to do with anything? Asking players of that age to play high intensity games for a full season will undoubtedly be tough for them and will incur injuries. Davies has been injured a reasonable amount last couple of years. How many other 39 year olds in this league are playing a full season? How many other over 35s? Struggling to think of any off the top of my head, maybe a keeper can do it but CB is a completely different proposition.

Travelling time to games is still work, getting up, packing for a bus or plane, hotels, game tactivcs, etc, it is huge part of their career and it does take it out of you (I presume). I know Jagielka suffered a cruciate ligament injury around a decade ago, but until his transfer to Sheffield United, he played nearly every game and that transfer was only two season ago, when he was 37.

That same logic can also be applied to a kid, which seems to be around 16-22, that they are too young and need six seasons' experience before they are ready for first-team regularity. 

Pirlo, Chiellini are just two examples that managed to play a couple of games a week and lived through the experience.